PDA

View Full Version : New and hooked, but a few questions

Saturn XV
07-20-2014, 04:21 PM
SO I played my first game a week ago, and went out and bought 5 ships.Now that i have them i want to outfit themwith certain pilots/wpns/ droids ect..but cant seem to find a list of where these things can be bought, and if i have to buy the ships or if they sell lots of cards/upgrades?

kellyj
07-20-2014, 08:29 PM
This site has each card listed by wave and what ship it comes with.
http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/573-full-card-list-by-expansion/
At some point you would think FFG will start to sell the cards in separate packs.

Brenlak
07-21-2014, 01:01 AM
Did you buy a starter set? You basically get 2 TIE Fighters and an X-wing, and all the game stuff for free (Or the game and those ships for free, depending on how you crack your egg) Plus the damage cards and Luke and R2 (I got two of them, extra templates are always welcome). I play casually right now so if I have only one proton torpedo we can all take it, screw cards, likewise with finding cards online; its okay cuz were just goofing around. If you want the actual cards your gonna buy more ships, example TIE Defender comes with a card Munitions Failsafe (When you attack with a secondary weapon that makes you discard the card after the action if it doesn't hit don't discard the card), More reason to get another TIE Defender!

Saturn XV
07-21-2014, 11:36 AM
No starter, i kinda had an idea of what i wanted so i ebayed a few ships to get going. A wing, x2 B wing X wing and E wing to start. Prob going to get another x-wing , a wing and e wing to round out choices between assault and fast fighters then go from there. The web site is HUGE thanks you !

Patrick Boyle
07-21-2014, 04:09 PM
No starter, i kinda had an idea of what i wanted so i ebayed a few ships to get going. A wing, x2 B wing X wing and E wing to start. Prob going to get another x-wing , a wing and e wing to round out choices between assault and fast fighters then go from there. The web site is HUGE thanks you !

No starter set? Did you buy the templates separately as well? or asteroids? I can't see how you'd be able to play otherwise... the starter set also comes with several pilots(Luke, Biggs, Mauler Mithil, Dark Curse and Night Beast) that don't come in the relevant separate expansions, not to mention the rules as well. I guess there must be people parting out starter sets? Given it's already such a great deal, with it being easy to find online, complete, for $30 or less, I can't see how that'd be particularly profitable...

Saturn XV
07-21-2014, 05:51 PM
atm i only play with my friends ( who have everything) so I started with a fleet of my own, then worry about starter stuff if i start playing with other people. but $30-$40 to get a bunch of tie fighters ill never use didnt seem like a way to start given the ships are $10 and i could get the 5 i wanted for $50. Plus the starter seems to have a lot of stuff i dont see people using. I hate a base box that gets you the rules, but sticks you with crap units you cant sell or trade, and ebay has a ton of mixed sets with tokens/dice/templates.

Brenlak
07-21-2014, 11:00 PM
atm i only play with my friends ( who have everything) so I started with a fleet of my own, then worry about starter stuff if i start playing with other people.

Yeah, I am the guy who tries to have everything, so the starter was a must. I purchased two because I planned on using those TIE fighters, and redundant templates seem important to me, (Losing a template could result in utter chaos, or at the very least wasted time). I guess you could copy your friends templates onto a piece of scrap paper (More forgiving on ships during an obstruction move), plasticard, whatever; but you still don't have damage cards, and I could see needing more than one set of those during a game over 100 points.

I hate a base box that gets you the rules, but sticks you with crap units you cant sell or trade

As much as I hate the guy, Luke Skywalker is only available in the starter set. I would love to call him crap (He's like the Rebel Justin Beiber), but he has darkened my day many a time. I haven't checked out Ebay yet, so I don't know about the mixed sets, getting cards you have to buy a ship for might be sweet.

Tyrendian
07-23-2014, 01:39 AM
well Biggs is really good and used in many a rebel list...

Saturn XV
07-28-2014, 04:00 AM
Yeah a starter is next on my list. I am also trying to locate some advanced sensors but so far they only seem available with the lamda shuttle, is this true? kinda expensive to buy 2 big ships just for 2 cards.

Mr Mystery
07-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Come in the E-Wing packs as well.