PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Space Wolves ... Drop Pods or Rhinos?

Whereswaldo
07-20-2014, 01:51 PM
I originally started off with Space Wolves and have bounced around alot of different armies building most of them with a theme, and have done really well with all. Now after finishing modeled the rest of what I have I am planning on going back and finish building/rebuilding my space wolves and this is what I came up with.

Rune Priest (Runic Armor - Divination) – 120 {Attached to a Squad of Long Fangs}

Grey Hunters Pack (10 Grey Hunters, 2 Melta Guns, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod) – 215
Grey Hunters Pack (10 Grey Hunters, 2 Melta Guns, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod) – 215
Grey Hunters Pack (10 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard, Drop Pod) – 205
Grey Hunters Pack (10 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard, Drop Pod) – 205

Long Fang Pack (Squad Leader, 5 Long Fangs, 5 Missile Launchers) – 140

Aegis Defense Line (Quad Gun, Comms Relay) – 120

= 1500

I really like the idea of a majority drop pod list with space wolves with grey hunters having two special weapons and counterattack. The only issue I am having from a list building perspective is with only 4 drop pods I would have to play really smart with the deployment of the first two pods and having the other two pods come in at a timely manner (comms relay). Overall I can't decide if I would rather keep the drop pod theme or swap to rhinos for the grey hunters.

Thoughts?

Caitsidhe
07-20-2014, 02:23 PM
In the current Meta I would suggest Drop Pods. You need to be able to put Melta weapons behind Knights.