PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse: what would you want?

david5th
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
After reading the thread about Imperial Armour II i would like to ask...

What legandry unit or battle formation would make you happy beyond measure?

Does not matter how insane, expensive ( both points & monetary ) or ludicrous it is, simply give us your throughts.

Mine would be:

1. Space Marine Assualt Company.
2. Space Marine Devastator Company.
3. Imperial Guard Deathsrike Battery.
4. Baneblade based Flamer superheavy.
5. Model for the Warlord titan.

Ordo
01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
mine would be a company of thunderwolves. or strernhammers wulfen. something id like to see is like 20 to 30 something drop pods for an entire army.

fuzzbuket
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
could a system change so that epic and Bfg can work in apoc:confused:

or

100 dire avengers with asurmen with an UBER bladestorm:D

or movie marines chaptermasters:D:D

or a HUGE DROPPOD

-fuzz

Aldramelech
01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Goodbye

Melissia
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
A Sisters' Baneblade dedicated to tank hunting and titan killing.
A Sisters battleforce, preferably mechanized. No, we don't have one yet, not for apoc nor for standard tt.

Bard of Twilight
01-21-2010, 02:47 PM
tt.

I thought they already had sth like that with a Chapel on it...
Anyway, I really want some Wolves Formations. Perhaps sth with Grimnar and Wolf Guard Termis, Ragnar with loads of Pods and / or the legendary Oath Brothers.Sth like Movie Marines Formation would fun too:D. Anyway, I guess that the Great Powers (GW) won't ever read my wishes...

Melissia
01-21-2010, 02:53 PM
That was a fan-creation AFAIK. Sisters have one datafax (Holy War) right now, and two coming (an Exorcist based one and one that makes flamers better), but they have no vehicles bigger than an exorcist.

Lerra
01-21-2010, 03:08 PM
More big Xenos stuff, like:

A giant Tau walker (and more ground units for Apoc Tau in general. The rules for flyers are annoying at best)
A 500-1000 pt C'tan
Anything Dark Eldar that is 500+ pts.

Archon
01-21-2010, 03:21 PM
More big Xenos stuff, like:

A giant Tau walker (and more ground units for Apoc Tau in general. The rules for flyers are annoying at best)

Tau donīt have walkers - their equivalent to titans are flyers. The tigershark with railgun is a titan hunter. They donīt need titans even if they would look cool.

For me: A Demonic Artillery Piece for the IW. Something with structurepoints, average armour, demonic, which can drop a lot of pizza plates with devasting effekts:)

Lerra
01-21-2010, 03:34 PM
I understand that Tau, by the fluff, do not have any Apoc units except for flyers, but that doesn't make for a very fun game.

The mechanics for flyers are clunky and awkward. The most recent rules for Flyers were written during 4th ed and are in Imperial Armor 6, a book that few have read. People get confused and annoyed by the rules and it's just not fun to play with flyers. Either the Flyer rules need to be updated to 5th ed and released in a GW book, or Tau needs something in Apoc that's not a flyer. Personally, I'd rather just get a traditional ground unit because 40k is better set up to deal with ground units.

Madness
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM
A Sisters battleforce, preferably mechanized. No, we don't have one yet, not for apoc nor for standard tt.

You mean Sabre tank hunter, SoB tanks are based on the Space marines STCs, and that was the Rhino variant dedicated to tankhunt/titan mayhem.

Sangre
01-21-2010, 04:13 PM
The Bright Talons. The whole chapter. So that's several hundred marines, a space hulk, a couple of battle barges, and a handful of strike cruisers, along with a complement of thunderhawks.

Duke
01-21-2010, 04:35 PM
I would love to see A Model for both the Imperator Titan and Phantom Titan (Eldar) I know that there is an old Phantom titan model floating around, but I would like a new one.

Duke

ggg
01-21-2010, 04:37 PM
You want crazy ideas, I've got crazy ideas...

1. Genestealer Cult / Chaos Cultist traitors- 5th columnists.

Play the card against opposing player's imperial guard infantry units. Takes effect as reserves do (2nd turn, takes effect on a 4+ etc). When it kicks in:- Each infantry guard unit in opponent's army takes a leadership test, if failed, they are immediately under your control as they reveal themselves to be the traitors within! Plus 1 large brood of genestealers + broodlord / Daemon as appropriate enter from deepstrike within 12" of a traitor unit! if no guard units - the card fails. If all pass the test then the card fails.
(must pay the points for the extra models (genestealers and 1 Broodlord from codex tyranids or Daemon and lessor daemons from codex chaos space marines. plus 150 points).

2. Zombie Plague / Biohazard
(all armies)

Nominate one model in your army as the carrier. At the begining of each movement phase they automatically take a strength 3, rening hit each turn. Once they take a wound (for any reason) the necrotizing plague breaks out and they pose a dire threat to all living creatures!

The infected model's rules change as follows: They have rage, rending and feel no pain and their leadership and BS stats are removed (all other stats remain the same). They will automatically move towards and when possible, attack the nearest non-vehicle model. Those wounded by the infected, contract the infection and join the infected with the same rules and forming a unit with the above.

[ - would be tempted to put an infected penal legionnary in a valk and drop him close to enemy lines.... or perhaps a space marine scout has picked up a horrible bug whilst advanced space crusading and happens to be outflanking?]

3. Penal Legion

Big scary units of penal legionnaires
Gain the 'human bomb' special rule.
If they die in close combat or fail a leadership test for any reason, their disipline collars explode ap - str 5 small balst centered on each penal legionnary model killed in combat or failing its leadership.

Melissia
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
You mean Sabre tank hunter, SoB tanks are based on the Space marines STCs, and that was the Rhino variant dedicated to tankhunt/titan mayhem.
No, I do not want a *******ed Marine piece of crap. Already have enough as it is (also, the Immolator and Exorcist are not variants of Space Marine vehicles, they have their own STC) with the Rhinos.

Madness
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Afaik the only existing STC was the Rhino's and the others are results of the Mars dudes tinkering.

And as much as you don't want it, it fits the bill, superheavy tanks in the imperiumscape are only in the hands of Mechanicus and IG. Just like Titans are of the Titanicus.

Melissia
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM
And so you do not know very far then.

Marines have their own baneblade, so obviously that does not apply.

Madness
01-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Entirely possible, but I have to check in order to be able to sleep in the next week or so, where is it stated that there are marines-manned baneblades?

entendre_entendre
01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Formations:

Nurgle's Toybox 200+ models

To the Chaos Gods, all mortals are mere playthings, but to Nurgle his playthings are useful tools to test his new diseases and epidemics before deciding whether or not to release them to the rest of his followers. When this happens, the viruses concentrate on the champions of Nurgle, spreading outwards from their necrotic bodies in a vast mist of corruption.

1+ Nurgle Sorcerer
0-1 Nurgle Lord or Daemon Prince
3+ Plague Marine squads with Aspiring Champions
0-3 Chosen units (includes Terminators) with Mark of Nurgle

Special Rules:

Necrotic Haze: The warband is surrounded by a vast cloud of concentrated corruption. They receive a 6+ cover save while in the open, though do not count as occupying cover when it comes to Assault.

Gift of Nurgle: Grandfather Nurgle takes great pride in his champions and will on occasion "bless" them with being the carriers for his new diseases. All Lords, Daemon Princes, and Aspiring Champions have the psychic power Nurgle's Rot, but do not count as psykers (and thus are immune to Perils of the Warp). The one exception is if the Daemon Prince takes another psychic power, then he will count as a psyker for both powers.

The Grandfather's Champion: Nurgle has blessed one of his most devout followers with a powerful disease that radiates from his rotting body in a cloud of disgusting haze. The Nurgle Sorcerer automatically cast Nurgle's rot every turn (even the opponents) without a psychic test. This does not count as using a psychic power. In addition, the range of his Nurgle's Rot power is increased to 12".

Strategic Assets:

Slaaneshi Pleasure Bomb

An intense burst of pure psychic pleasure erupts from the Warp and engulfs nearby troops leaving them helplessly in the throws of ecstatic euphoria. These blasts have been known to shave even the most courageous warrior's will to fight as they see their comrades driven doing unexplainable and horrific things to themselves and each other.

Place an Apocalypse Barrage template somewhere on the table (even over your own units!). The Slaaneshi Pleasure Bomb is an Apocalypse Barrage(4) weapon and all models that are hit by the template are removed from play on 4+. Vehicles and units with an armour value are not effected by this attack. Causes a Pinning Check. If the test is failed, the unit does not get the benefits of going to ground as they are too shocked and disgusted with what they are seeing to do anything else. Models that are removed are not "dead" per se, but they are writhing on the ground doing things to themselves and each other that are best left unsaid.

Secret Infection

Your agents have secretly infected one of the enemy. This target is supposed to head back to the rear lines soon, but unfortunately has joined this battle instead. Only when the battle is finished will the target reach the rear lines. At approximately this time, the virus the target is infected with will metabolize infecting all nearby personnel and cause massive damage to the enemy's rear echelons. Although the timing will not be entirely ideal for maximum infection, the damage it will cause will still be significant. It is imperative that this target survive the upcoming engagement so they can fulfill your sinister plan.

Secretly write down one enemy model with a toughness value. Only you will know who this model is (so no sharing with teammates!). If the model is alive at the end of the game or has fallen back off the opponent's board edge, you gain 1 victory point. If these conditions are not met, then the target is worth nothing.

Sangre
01-22-2010, 01:06 AM
No, I do not want a *******ed Marine piece of crap. Already have enough as it is (also, the Immolator and Exorcist are not variants of Space Marine vehicles, they have their own STC) with the Rhinos.

See this is just you being 40k-racist again. The Exorcist is not an STC vehicle - its massive organ missile launcher is hand-crafted and no two are alike. It's directly built off the Rhino STC chassis, like all other Rhino variants used by the Astartes, Arbites, Sororitas etc. The Immolator is explicitly stated to be a combination of the Rhino STC with half-completed files for a flame tank found during a purge of Fomosian databanks.

Madness
01-22-2010, 06:59 AM
I checked on Imperial armour (2) and on the Repressor entry it's stated:

Like all Adepta Sororitas vehicles the Repressor is another variant on the standard Rhino chassis.
This should kind of kill any doubt about non rhino tanks in SoB hands, in fact the Land Raider in the WH codex is manned by techpriests and not by battle sisters.

The only mention of STCs is that there was some flamethrower tank design they mashed with the Rhino to get the Immolator.

Back to the apocalypse needs, Melissia expressed the necessity of something able to kill superheavies and titans, a rhino-based titan+tank hunter might do the job, the Sabre tank hunter is one model, but something alike won't probably be too much of a problem. On the other hand the Baneblade has enormous staying power.

Considering we're not talking of a vehicle but an apocalypse formation, a formation with a command vehicle (like a damocles, or another officier manned rhino variant) and some rhino tank hunters with a special ability like a deflector field projector or some other Ecclesiarchy relic giving the tanks additional armor as long as the command tank is alive might fit the bill without stretching the rules too much.

That's if we want to stay pure sororitas, the Ecclesiarchy has other vehicles available (Penitent Engines), so a peculiar type of vehicle created just for the occasion could work too.

Faultie
01-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I'd like to see anything for the Arbites (being relegated to Apoc, like my Kroot Mercs, is better than nothing). Some Repressor + barricades formation, or some such. Special Shotgun ammo is a must! Shock Teams would be great too.

As for Sororitas formations, here are my ideas (I have no idea what they'd cost, I just think they'd help the Sororitas work well in Apocalypse, without needing Baneblades, etc.)

Ecclesiarchal Battle Lectern - An armored, mobile platform, the Battle Lectern is a pulpit from whence a zealous battle priest preaches the Emperor's name and calls down his benevolence upon the faithful. Formation includes 1 Ecclesiarchal Battle Lectern (a walker with AV12-12-10). It has no weapons, but counts as having Extra Armour, a Holy Icon and Laud Hailers. The Battle Lectern contributes 2 Faith Points to the army's pool. Once per turn, this model may spend one of the Army's Faith Points to use any Act of Faith listed in Codex: Witch Hunters. When this model uses an Act of Faith, it effects all Sororitas units within 18".

Host of the Living Saint - When lead by such an obvious symbol of the Emperor's Divine will, His servants can perform acts that seem to defy explanation!
Formation must be led by a Living Saint (counts as Saint Celestine), and include 2+ Battle Sisters squads. All other Sororitas units are considered 0-1. All units in formation gain an Imagifer for free, and have access to the following 3 additional Acts of Faith.

Wrath of the Righteous - As the power of the Emperor incites the faithful, none can stand against them. Roll equal to or under the current unit size - All bolters (pistols, bolters, stormbolters) in the unit (and its dedicated transport) count as Assault 3 this turn.

Hand of the Emperor - In the hour of need, the Emperor reaches forth His hand to smite the enemies of the righteous. The devastation wrought can only be explained by His intervention. Roll equal to or over the current unit size - Any weapons in the squad with S6 or higher count as Strength D, as the Emperor's wrath itself is unleashed.

Blinding the Proud - As the arrogant stride into battle in their mighty constructs, the grace of the Emperor averts their eyes from His true servants. Roll equal to or under the current unit size. This unit may not be targeted by any Super Heavy vehicle or Gargantuan Creature until the beginning of the Sororitas player's next turn.

Relic of the Martyr - Formation includes a single Canonness or Priest as an Independent Character. This individual carries a sacred relic from one of the holy martyrs of old. Any unit joined by this model is Stubborn. This model is Faithful.
The Relic itself counts as a Null Rod, and also a Laud Hailer with a 12" range. Additionally, the Relic generates an additional Faith Point each turn the model carrying it is alive.
When the model carrying the relic is destroyed, replace it with an Objective Marker. All Sororitas within 6" of this Objective Marker gain Fearless, Stubborn, and Feel No Pain, as their devotion to recover such a precious artifact fills them with supernatural strength and courage.

Vhalyar
01-22-2010, 12:02 PM
The Nightbringer and Deceiver as high-cost heroes.
The Outsider as a super high-cost hero.
The Void Dragon as a "Lord of Change"-cost hero.

sangrail777
01-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Necron - A Reseruection Ord that covers the whole battlefield and works on moniliths and pylons
Tau - A giant walker (to hell with your fluff)
Dark Eldar - A superheavy tank with a warp gate on it
Eldar- phantom titans
Chaos - Legion rules / zombie hordes / primarchs
space marines - primarchs (for historical battles or just the living ones if it bothers ya to much)

Gotthammer
01-22-2010, 01:26 PM
More money and time so I can have more Titans and superheavies.

Duke
01-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I would actually like more of my friends to have Titans and such. I have a few Super heavies and I can never use them because my friends don't have any to go head to head with mine.

Duke

rbryce
01-22-2010, 03:11 PM
i would love the skill to make the giant walking cathedral in my imagination. i imagine butressed legs, with entryways in them, kinda like the necromongers, and a cathedral dome on its back! but alas, i have not the skill, or the parts, so ill dream. ;)

Duke
01-22-2010, 03:31 PM
i would love the skill to make the giant walking cathedral in my imagination. i imagine butressed legs, with entryways in them, kinda like the necromongers, and a cathedral dome on its back! but alas, i have not the skill, or the parts, so ill dream. ;)

What you describe is essentially an Imperator titan.

Duke

Madness
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Yup, for some reason the imperator titan sounds very much ecclesiarchic. Maybe a knight size walker with a chapel on top instead of a manor?

rbryce
01-22-2010, 05:31 PM
kinda, but with the holy trinity of course... and a bit mor building like, bit like colossus(the game) or somthing

Gotthammer
01-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Yup, for some reason the imperator titan sounds very much ecclesiarchic. Maybe a knight size walker with a chapel on top instead of a manor?

In the original Adeptus Titanicus they were - they were part of the Divisio Mandati and would travel around in big ships, land on a planet and have the cargo of two or more Imperators get out, march around blaring Imperial Propoganda and flatten anyone who disagreed.

Herald of Nurgle
01-23-2010, 01:38 PM
COUNT THE SEVEN - 777pts + Models
1 Typhus, Herald of Nurgle
6 Chaos Lords, Chaos Sorcerers, or Daemon Princes. Note that the Daemon Princes cost +15pts but gain a 2+ Armour Save and Feel No Pain.
7 Platoons of Chaos Cultists - these are composed of a IG Platoon Command Squad and 6 squads of Penal Legionnaires
7 14 man Squads of Chaos Space Marines. These may have a Champion
7 14 man Plague Marine squads. These may have a Champion
7 7 man Chosen squads. These may have a Champion
7 7 man Terminator squads. One of these must be 6, be composed entirely of champions, and join Typhus as a retinue.
7 Defilers, Plaguereapers, or Plague Hulks.

Orator of Gurgling Profanity: Typhus leads the formation, as the Orator of Gurgling Profanity. All units within 6" of any unit within the formation while Typhus is alive must take d6+1 hits with a Strength equal to 2 plus the amount of turns which have passed so far in the battle. The AP of these hits is equal to the number dealt - so the less, the deadlier, to start off with. Models which are killed by this effect count as being killed by a Nurgle model, and are counted towards effects such as the Tally of Pestilence

The Bell Sounds: Each Defiler and Plaguereaper in the formation bears a single warp forged bell at its height, which may be sounded by any attack which impacts on it. If a Glancing or Penetrating Hit deals damage to one of these vehicles, the bell sounds - see below. The bells will all be destroyed when the seventh toll sounds, and this rule will no longer apply.
On the First Toll: All Nurgle units on the board gain +1 Initiative for the rest of the game.
On the Second Toll: All Nurgle units on the board gain +1 Strength for the rest of the game.
On the Third Toll: All Nurgle units on the board gain Poisoned Attacks (5+) for the rest of the game, or +1 to any existing Poisoned Attacks.
On the Fourth Toll: All Nurgle units on the board gain the Fleet of Foot special rule for the rest of the game.
On the Fifth Toll: Seven Units of 7 Lesser Daemons may immediately deep strike upon the board - these do not scatter, and are free of charge. They may assault on the turn that they deep strike. They bear a Mark of Nurgle, as well as the Feel No Pain special rule.
On the Sixth Toll: The world quakes with anticipation. Each team immediately uses a Indiscriminate Bombardment stratagem - these will not hurt the vehicles bearing the bell, but everything else is fair game.
On the Seventh Toll: The bells explode. All Nurgle units on the board immediately use a Strategic Redeployment, and must move up to over 7" away from the opposing team (they may charge this turn). The Vehicles which were holding the bell will immediately suffer d6 Penetrating Hits, and any Vehicle Explodes! results will count as AP 1+d3. From now on, the rule 'Carnival of Nurgle' is in play.

Carnival of Nurgle: This is what the display has been building up to. If the game is still on, the Nurgle player may force it to continue to turn 7. Each turn after this rule enters play, a single Warp Rift will burst into life each turn - this uses the standard Warp Rift rules and counts as a Board Edge for the purposes of reserves and as an Icon of Nurgle for the purposes of Deep Striking Daemonic units. If the Orator of Gurgling Profanity is still alive, ALL Chaos Lords, Chaos Sorcerers, and Daemon Princes which were purchased as a part of this formation which are still alive must immediately make a Morale Test. If a 7 or higher is rolled, the model sheds its mortal bonds and becomes a Greater Daemon with a Mark of Nurgle and Feel No Pain.

Insane but AWSHUM

Morgrim
01-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Someone likes the new skaven codex...

I want that dark eldar titan on the cover of the latest Epic (fan)codex. I've been looking around for a toy spider model that might work as a base. Or any larger DE vehicles in general, it seems strange that there is nothing between raiders and BFG ships. If there are warpgates large enough for massive eldar ships, and in one place they suggested a few that the craftworlds could fit into, then surely the dark eldar can have some moderate sized vessels for when they're doing heavy work. If they managed to take a whole hive city in under a week they'd need something to help with the massive slave transport and heavy lifting.

Fellend
01-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Any Black Templar formation.

Massive mixed squads making a space marine horde!(with Improved Righteous Zeal)
Sword Brethren elite formations making them actually useful
A drop pod assault that would actually get to assault
Apocalypse vows =)

Getting to actually use the "Sever the head, slay the body" asset whatever it does.

Cryl
01-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Getting to actually use the "Sever the head, slay the body" asset whatever it does.

Yup, that would be nice. I'd like that one too, I'm guessing it's something like kill a specific enemy character and put a morale test or leadership penalty to their army although it might be quite tricky to balance if it was.

I'd also like to see more drop pod formations that actually do something useful along the lines of the planetstrike strategem

Asymmetrical Xeno
01-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Ancient Enslaver - Survivor of the war in heaven, massive titan sized abomination with hundreds of tentacles.

Necron Tomb-Stalker - a giant resin tomb spyder, basicly.

Subject Keyword
01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Formations:
Slaaneshi Pleasure Bomb

Huh. That's my girlfriend's nickname for her vibrator...

I want a huge Necron Pyramid that rises out of the ground (crushing everything above it) and opens up portals big enough for Tomb Stalkers and Monoliths to stroll out of it.

I also want a giant metal Space Baby that comes out of the sky and eats tanks.

entendre_entendre
01-28-2010, 07:37 PM
lol :D

Subject Keyword
01-29-2010, 12:41 AM
lol :D

"lol" indeed.