PDA

View Full Version : Did Primarchs ever consider beating / killing each other before Heresy?

Wildcard
07-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Hi fellow BoLS mongers!

Every single destruction intended item in the history, from the tiniest of dagger to the biggest of cannons has been designed to overcome and out perform any known defensive properties of the intended target. And to my knowledge, Imperium of Man had lots of tough adversaries both in terms of races as well as individuals.

Now I consider it strange that of the all fights between Primarchs, there's not one occasion that I've come across to where any sort of ranged weapon would have caused any type of trouble to the Primarch. Let alone that the firer would've been another Primarch with some sort of unique weapon.

And the Loyal Primarchs were pretty much owned by the traitors in close combat. Although possible daemonic gifts did most likely play a role in the engagements.

All of them being supreme strategists, i just find it so very very odd that not one was better prepared to face their brothers. Even Russ was nearly beat by Magnus even though he was created for that purpose.

So, do you know of any occasions, where this is being opened up? And what is your take on the matter?

Cap'nSmurfs
07-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Leman Russ and Angron fought each other before the Heresy proper, if I recall correctly. Russ out-thought Angron.

Chris*ta
07-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Didn't the Emperor and one of the Primarchs fight when they first met? I don't remember details ...

MarneusCalgar
07-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Didn't the Emperor and one of the Primarchs fight when they first met? I don't remember details ...

He fought precisely with Leman Russ, the Wolf Father

daboarder
07-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Kurze apparently punked a number of them.

The Lion and the Wolf had a go.

Denzark
07-17-2014, 03:10 AM
I thought Lorgar got knocked around by a loyalist (Guilliman) and then had a cry like a baby. Can't remember the reference, first heretic maybe - didn't he get made to kneel? Also if Kurze got killed by a mere assassin I would hope a primarch would smack him upside his head.

Also, not from HH but from Index Astartes - doesn't guilliman kill one of the 2 Alpha legion primarchs?

Anggul
07-17-2014, 03:15 AM
He fought precisely with Leman Russ, the Wolf Father

Also Ferrus Manus I believe.

Tyrendian
07-17-2014, 04:27 AM
I thought Lorgar got knocked around by a loyalist (Guilliman) and then had a cry like a baby. Can't remember the reference, first heretic maybe - didn't he get made to kneel? Also if Kurze got killed by a mere assassin I would hope a primarch would smack him upside his head.

Also, not from HH but from Index Astartes - doesn't guilliman kill one of the 2 Alpha legion primarchs?

1st wasn't a fight - Big Daddy E himself made Lorgar and his Legion kneel in the ruins of the Perfect City as penance for their overzealousness, while Guilliman&co looked smug (at least that's the way Lorgar perceived their involvement)...
2nd - well Kurze let himself be killed, so don't credit the Assassin too much... he did have a few shuffles with his brothers, among them beating Dorn within an inch of his life directly prior to the razing of Nostramo, but that probably already counts as part of the Heresy... Kurze is a weird figure to gauge fighting-wise - he got smacked repeatedly by the Lion alone around Thramas, but then completely trounced both him and Guilliman simultaneously on Macragge while killing off hundreds of their best as well... seems to strongly depend on who writes the novel :)
3rd is after the Heresy proper afaik, or maybe in the later stages - but not before

Morgrim
07-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Curze also seems to depend on his mental state at the time. When he's angry and feeling like he's in the right and is acting justly he's incredibly hard to beat, but if he's feeling less certain about his path and whether his enemy deserves it he's weaker.