PDA

View Full Version : Lord of Skulls or Greater Brass Scorpion?

Lord Krungharr
07-16-2014, 03:05 PM
If one had to choose which to build, would one favor the Lord of Skulls or the Greater Brass Scorpion? Both are fast, both have some nice ranged weapons, though the Lord is of course more expensive and cannot Stomp.

My super-heavy itch is returning and I can't decide which is more worth the effort. Has anyone had experience using either of these, or getting used by either of these?

kharne690
07-16-2014, 05:34 PM
I prefer the greater brass scorpion. In game both are OK but the looks for me are the deciding factor. The only problem with the scorpion is the legs are a pain to build.

Plus my first game with the G.B.S. I managed to charge 2 bane blades, making them explode taking out a huge chunk of my enemy's force and then got hit by a melta squad making it go catastrophic right in middle of his line.

Lord Krungharr
07-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I forgot about that extra Catastrophic Damage. That is a fun thing to plant in enemy zones :)

Denzark
07-17-2014, 03:11 AM
Scorpion every time.

Anggul
07-17-2014, 03:22 AM
I would say Scorpion. It looks so much cooler than the almost-cool-but-didn't-quite-nail-it Lord of Skulls.

It can also stomp, which is so very useful. I wouldn't want a super-heavy in combat without it.

Lord Krungharr
07-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know if that Arachnarok Fantasy model might make a large enough legs and body for a Greater Brass Scorpion? I can't find a good picture showing that thing's scale next to a 40k model.

Archon Charybdis
07-26-2014, 08:53 PM
No, the Arachnarok is about half the size.