PDA

View Full Version : HH Moritat Errata Question

Tyrsday
07-15-2014, 02:51 PM
In the errata for the Moritat's Lone Killer special rule it states they are unable to benefit from any "beneficial special rules provided by other friendly models." Does this extend to the various Primarchs' "Sire of the..." special rules, which state that they are given to all models with the proper Legiones Astartes (insert legion here) special rule, or simply say something like Zealot when he and a Chaplain are attached to a Destroyer squad together?

Bigred, I know you have a lot of experience with the 30k setting. What would be your take on this situation?

Thanks!

YorkNecromancer
07-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Is there anything in the way the beneficial rules are worded which implies/states that they override the Moritat rules? If not, even if you're a Primarch, then the Moritat rule must takes precedence and they gain nothing.

Not that Moritats need any additional rules. On top of the ability to be able to absolutely murder a ten-man terminator squad single handed, I can't imagine they need any further buffs...

Mr.Pickelz
07-15-2014, 08:20 PM
I have the collector's ed. (black version) of the Crusade army list, and on Page 17, it doesn't list the Primarch's ability specifically, just that the model cannot join units, except Destroyer Squads;
can't get Blessings;
can't be a compulsory HQ choice;
and anything dealing with LD re-rolls or bonuses is also out the window as well.

Tyrsday
07-16-2014, 11:23 AM
I emailed Forgeworld and the Lone Killer under the Moritat overrides the Primarchs' "Sire of the…" abilities, but the Saboteur and Exodus are still capable of receiving any beneficial special rules due to having their own "unique" versions of Lone Killer.

Thanks though everybody!

Thornblood
07-16-2014, 04:01 PM
I'd like to take this brief opportunity to raise another Moritat issue-
It says "A Legion Centurion may exchange either their bolt pistol or chainsword/combat blade for one of the following"...

1. So can the moritat only upgrade one of his bolt pistols to a fancy pistol? Because of the grammer of that sentance?

2. Or as he now has two bolt pistols, can he take two items from the list. But it still says "one of the following", so that's a serpenta and a plasma pistol but not two plasmas, or two serpentas.

Similarly, if point 1 is true he can only take a single upgrade from that list, in fact it means no centurion, or consul can take two weapons from that list. So no plasma pistol and power sword....

Or, if point 2 is true, you could take a plasma and a serpenta, but no power weapon too.

The examples we know are cypher- who just has a plasma pistol- so well within reason, and the raven guard moritat prime special character, who has a pair of something fancy, but being a special character it would be fine for him to break the rules.

Basically I want the book changed to say "and/or" instead of just or.

CaptainWhizz
07-16-2014, 04:15 PM

The books need this.

Beamo
07-16-2014, 06:44 PM
I'd like to take this brief opportunity to raise another Moritat issue-
It says "A Legion Centurion may exchange either their bolt pistol or chainsword/combat blade for one of the following"...

1. So can the moritat only upgrade one of his bolt pistols to a fancy pistol? Because of the grammer of that sentance?

2. Or as he now has two bolt pistols, can he take two items from the list. But it still says "one of the following", so that's a serpenta and a plasma pistol but not two plasmas, or two serpentas.

Similarly, if point 1 is true he can only take a single upgrade from that list, in fact it means no centurion, or consul can take two weapons from that list. So no plasma pistol and power sword....

Or, if point 2 is true, you could take a plasma and a serpenta, but no power weapon too.

The examples we know are cypher- who just has a plasma pistol- so well within reason, and the raven guard moritat prime special character, who has a pair of something fancy, but being a special character it would be fine for him to break the rules.

it's been faq'ed to say that you can exchange both bolt pistols for any combination of other guns, including a pair of the same type.

YorkNecromancer
07-17-2014, 09:18 AM
IIRC, the Moritat can only take Bolt Pistols or Plasma Pistols, though. I don't seem to recall him having access to Serpentas. I know he can't get two achaeotech pistols, which is a shame, because that would be literally the most broken combo in the game.