PDA

View Full Version : Updated Dark Vengeance

Bigred
07-15-2014, 12:55 PM
via Descanso Del Escriba (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/07/los-que-viene-este-fin-de-semanagracias.html) 7-15-2014

208pp Mini-rulebook

Dark Angels:
1 Dark Angels Company Master
1 Dark Angels Librarian
5 Death Wing Terminators
10 Dark Angel Tactical Marines
3 Ravenwing Bikes

Chaos Space Marines:
1 Chaos Space Marines Lord
1 Chaos Aspiring Champion (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Space-Marines-Aspiring-Champion)
6 Chaos Space Marine Chosen
1 Chaos Space Marine Hellbrute
20 Chaos Cultists

€85

Unveiled in White Dwarf 25

images via L'Astropate (http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/07/sector-imperialis-bundle-degli-orki-e.html) 7-16-2014

So, new box art, $110 in the US, 49 models. Official release date: July 26th, 2014

Asymmetrical Xeno
07-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Wonder why they are including the previously released Aspiring Champion, it does fit with them fine though.

Christopher Valera
07-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Wonder why they are including the previously released Aspiring Champion, it does fit with them fine though.

Meh, I'll probably pass on picking it up. If it's the same old Aspiring Champion I don't need him, he should really be a LE model. How hard is it for GW to throw players a bone here?

--Chris

Forge Master
07-15-2014, 01:13 PM

Maybe to replace the Chaplain that came in the original ltd ed ?

Erik Setzer
07-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Meh, I'll probably pass on picking it up. If it's the same old Aspiring Champion I don't need him, he should really be a LE model. How hard is it for GW to throw players a bone here?

--Chris

As the exact OPPOSITE of a GW apologist, let me respond to that by asking: What the heck is Stormclaw, if not "throwing players a bone?" It's a limited release set with two special characters and about 45% off the retail value of the models inside with a small rulebook to boot.

Expecting something awesome a week after that might be asking too much, especially from GW.

elcheapodeca
07-15-2014, 05:12 PM
As the exact OPPOSITE of a GW apologist, let me respond to that by asking: What the heck is Stormclaw, if not "throwing players a bone?" It's a limited release set with two special characters and about 45% off the retail value of the models inside with a small rulebook to boot.

Expecting something awesome a week after that might be asking too much, especially from GW.

Stormclaw would have been alot better if it wasn't such a limited release IMO.

ChacoStylez
07-15-2014, 09:31 PM
I would have liked to have gotten one as well, sucked it came out right before pay day.

Bigred
07-16-2014, 11:39 AM
images via L'Astropate (http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/07/sector-imperialis-bundle-degli-orki-e.html) 7-16-2014

Tomgar
07-16-2014, 01:10 PM

--Chris

I guess chucking a £12 model into an already great value set then only charging £3.50 extra isn't throwing us a bone?

MajorWesJanson
07-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Stormclaw would have been alot better if it wasn't such a limited release IMO.

The question I have is was it legitimately very limited, or was demand high enough to make it seem that way? Tau were not exactly limited when they came out, but the demand was such that there were shortages of many kits. Same with the Tactical Objective cards.

Adding the Aspiring Champion makes a lot of sense, as he replaces the Chlain, keeping him Limited to the old LE, and also slightly helps improve the balance between the two sides.

elcheapodeca
07-16-2014, 09:13 PM
The question I have is was it legitimately very limited, or was demand high enough to make it seem that way? Tau were not exactly limited when they came out, but the demand was such that there were shortages of many kits. Same with the Tactical Objective cards.

Adding the Aspiring Champion makes a lot of sense, as he replaces the Chlain, keeping him Limited to the old LE, and also slightly helps improve the balance between the two sides.

I don't know if it is possible to know that until someone has time to look through the sales figures. You may be right though.

PaladinSL
07-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Oh good, the Australia tax on this one is only $75, I was worried they were going to rip me off harder on this one.