Pages : [1] 2

Bigred
07-13-2014, 11:43 PM
Previous Rumors:

Codex coming in Late summer/Fall 2014

Blood Angels Rumorwave #1 7-14-2014

Rules:
Mephiston: Lord of War.
Blood Angels: Gain access to the new Codex SM flyers, but not the tanks.

Minis:
New "Sanguinary" unit in Terminator armor
Clam pack plastic Sanguinary Priest
New Wheeled vehicle
"Classic Character" gets a resculpt (contrary chatter split between Mephiston/Tycho)

Rumor reliability: Medium-Low, coming from both known and unknown sources

via El Descanso Del Escriba (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/11/ultima-horamas-imagenes-de-la-wdw-y.html) 11-25-2014

Shield of Baal: Deathstorm

via Steve the Warboss 9-26-2014

- The Sons of Sanguinius will come soon after Endtimes Book 2.
- GW will use this release slot to replace older Space Marine Plastic sprues.
- 4-5 week are realistic.

via Steve the Warboss 10-8-2014

Blood Angels Latest:

Miniatures & Products
-New Character, a Captain (maybe 1.Company)
-Mephiston in plastic
-New Terminator Box with all weapon options
-New Assault Marine Box
-New generic Dreadnought
-Honour Guard Box (maybe only an repack)

-Mephiston will be a LoW, he turned into a "uber" psyker
-BA Painting Guide
-Suppliment featuring the new captain

New Blood Angels Lore
-The Flesh Tearers are now watched by the Inquisition
-A Rumor make the round in the Imperium, one of the BA successor chapters are traitors (not the Flesh Tearers)
-The attitude of Imperial authorities over the BA worsen

More Blood Angels rumors 10-9-2014

Mephiston
-Mephiston is getting a new plastic.

Huge, standing almost as tall as a terminator. Sword low across front in right arm. Left extented over the top with hand spread...individual fingers. Looks like he's lunging forward sweeping the blade in an uppercut. Cape blown about behind him. Model has skull and blood drop iconography all over. Aegis extends up like the cowl of the old figure but is much more recognisable as a psychic hood. Face is incredibly detailed. Fangs are visible.

Captain Tycho
-Tycho plastic is death company version.
-Has a chainsword and signature combimelta.
-DC iconography, retains nipple armor.

Corbulo
-Corbulo plastic is in sanguinary armor.
-Has chalice held aloft with both arms as in offering.

Terminators Set
-New Blood Angel Terminator box set.
-Makes terminators, BA captain in TA, BA Librarian in TA, or new BA terminator armored heavy unit.
-Storm Bolters are in hand not arm-mounted like gk.
-Includes power axes, fists, sbs, force sword, power sword, new 2 handed heavy cannon, heavy flamer, Assault cannon, librarian torso/tabard/shoulders/weapon, banner, captain options (combi weapons) tons of bits.

Reliability is: medium-low, coming from a mix of known and unknown sources

via dakkadakka'a Arschbombe (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/210/618311.page#7298284) 10-23-2014

No new model, but you will get:

DLC1: Dataslate Tycho. $20

DLC2: Dataslate Death Company Tycho $25.

latest rumors 10-30-2014

Multiple sources are now saying to look for:

- Blood Angel, Tyranids & Necron Campaign
- Limited boxed set will accompany the campaign modeled after the Stormclaw product
- Box will include Ba vs Tyranid opposing forces led by:
- Plastic Blood Angel Captain
- Named Tyranid Character (Prime most commonly names, but Lictor or Broodlord possible)

Look for this before the new year.

Gary's (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/1ULadY65rfs/shield-of-baal-exterminatus.html) got two commenters saying this this 11-15-2014

via e9832a04-6d07-11e4-9637-1fd442c0eb49 or conspiracynutt (was posted under both names)

Ok, this is either going to go down like a lead balloon or I may have just found the holy grail of rumour farming!!!!

So here goes, the next book being released for the campaign is....
Shield of Baal:Exterminatus.

Not only that but the Blood angels codex is coming with this funky little tidbit:
Codex Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Edition
As well as:
Blood Angels Data Cards(English)

I know people will throw salt all over this, but I believe it is genuine and I have proof but I just don't want to give it away just yet in case Games Workshop patch that particular hole because it could be a potential gold mine for info.

via Nightfury

"The Sanguinary Guard edition will be similar to the wolfguard limited edition SW codex with counters and an artfolio.. should go up for preorders the last week in november if the timetable is correct along with the much anticipated LE boxed set that will almost certainly include the new tyranid broodlord i told you about a few weeks ago"

So take that with some salt - as it comes from two commenter's on Faeit 212

Gary's (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/bBZrleSZuQg/shield-of-baal-deathstorm-box-set-and.html) got a live one 11-21-2014

Shield of Baal Week 2 Products

two releases next week for 40k and the rest is hobbit and some bases.
Shield of Baal box set $125 25 miniatures, campaign supplement, and rules
Shield of Baal: Deasthstorm $24 hardback 125pgs

Contents of the box set
Small Rulebook with Blood Angels on Front
Campaign Supplement -40pages
3 missions, rules and dataslates for each model, two formations- Strike Force Deathstorm and Phodian Annihilation Swarm

Blood Angels Strike Force- 12 models
Captain Karlean, 5 terminators, 5 deasth company, and a death company dreadnought

Phodian Annihilation Swarm- 13 models
Spawn of Cryptus, 8 genestrealers, 3 warriors, and a carnifex

The Spawn of Cryptus is a very large Broodlord towering over the height of warriors. Both the Spawn of Cryptus and Captian Karlean are new models.

Shield of Baal: Deathstorm CONFIRMED!

Shield of Baal: Deathstorm (WD44 Cover)

via L'Astropate (http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/11/shiled-of-baal-deathstorm-contenuto.html) 11-24-2014

SHIELD OF BAAL: DEATHSTORM € 100.00

SHIELD OF BAAL: DEATHSTORM (HARD COVER) € 20.00

SMB: VISIONS OF WAR € 40.00

- The box "Shield of Baal: Deathstorm" contains the following figures:
Karlaen - captain in terminator armor of angels and bloodthirsty "Spawn of Cryptus," Lord of the Swarm Tyranid (both miniatures are completely new); 1 Death Company Blood Angels (5 miniatures), 5 and 1 Dreadnought Space Marine Terminator Death Company; 3 Tyranid Warriors, 8 Genestealers and 1 Carnifex; 1 book for rules and one for the country (both in English). The availability will be limited as Stormclaw.

via El Descanso Del Escriba (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/11/ultima-horamas-imagenes-de-la-wdw-y.html) 11-25-2014

via gary 11-28-2014

Blood angels get their codex next week. The cover is an assault marine wielding a plasma pistol and and chainsword, overall a nice looking cover.

Blood Angels also get new datacards and dice, but more importantly blood angels get a new tactical squad with lots of options. Shoulder pads, helmets and blood angel symbols are everywhere. It looks like a full box of bits. Heavy Flamer is also in the box.

Last but least there is a new Sanguinary Priest with with a extra machinery on the backpack, a blood chalice, and a nice looking chainsword.

via gary's (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/HmOGAFsGlP0/next-weeks-full-release-list-with-prices.html) source 11-28-2014

Week 1 Blood Angels

Codex: Blood Angels hardback 112 pages $49.50
Blood Angels Tactical Squad 10 miniatures $43
Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest 1 miniature $30
Datacards: Blood Angels 7 psychic powers 36 tactical objectives $10
Sons of Sanguinius: A Blood Angels Painting Guide paperback 176pgs $33
Blood Angels Dice available while stocks last 10 dice in tin $17
Mephiston Red Spray basecoat $18
Codex: Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Edition slipcase with prints and accessories online only $165

Smaug 1 miniature online only $490
Bard the Bowman with Windlance 1 miniature $40
Lake-Town Militia Captain 1 miniature $20
Lake-Town Militia Swordsmen 3 miniatures $25
Lake-town Militia Bowmen 3 miniatures $25
Lake-Town Militia Spearmen 3 miniatures $25

Horus Heresy: Legacies of Betrayal hardback 448pgs $30
Horus Heresy; Garro- Shield of Lies audio drama $29.95
Heart of Rage audio drama $15

via conspiracynutt (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/G3NrCC_-vkg/release-order-including-end-times.html) 11-29-2014

Order of book releases is
Codex Blood Angels
Codex Blood Angels sanguinary guard edition
Codex Blood Angels data cards
Shield of Baal Exterminatus
End times Skaven
End times Skaven (limited edition)
All of the above are at GW HQ.

Anything else isn't printed yet so won't be out until late January as all books seem to be printed about 2 months before they are released.

via Descanso Del Escriba (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/12/nuevo-sacerdote-sanguinario-de-plastico.html) 12-1-2014

Sanguinary Priest & BA Tactical Squad

via warseer's Iuchiban (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forum.php) 12-8-2014
Blood Angels Codex Rules

First the big stuff!
Death Company is now elite as DC dreadnought
Predator Baal is Heavy Support
Librarian Dreadnought is HQ
Mephiston is HQ and IC
All units have now Furious Charge
Only troop choices are Tactical squads and scouts.
No new units. No Centurions and no talons.

Unit Tweaks
- Dante's Axe is +2S, AP2, mastercraft and NOT unwieldy, and he's Eternal Warrior
- Special rules for Death Company: FC, Fearless, Relentless, FnP, Rage. They cannot reroll to wound if chaplain in the unit. Only Astorath gives them this ability.
- No terminator armour for DC. But there are good news, Jump packs are now only +3 points. On the other hand their WS has been downgraded to 4.
- No squadrons for Dreads. "Standard" dreads are now Elite, Furiosos and DC dreads too. Librarian dreads are HQ.
- Tacticals As usual + new options. They can get anti-air missiles BTW.
- No more Land Raider as dedicated transports for everybody, just for termies.
- Vanguard Veterans cannot charge after Deep Strike
- Sanguinor pretty the same but: gets only 4++, re-rolls to hit and wound in challenges
- Sanguinary Priests costs about the same as a Wyvern, are HQ, and units they joins get +1WS and FnP. The are IC btw.

Warlord Traits
1. Warlord gets Rampage
2. Warlord gets +1 I
3. One Warlord's weapon gets mastercrafted
4. Warlord gets Adamantium Will
5. Warlord gets Descent of the Angels (Dante's trait)
6. Warlord gets 12" fearless bubble

Psychic Powers
Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to A and I to psyker or target character at 12"
1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2
2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1A instead
3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++
4. Focussed witch fire. Target makes 2 T tests. Take one W for each failed test. If targed dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5.
5. Beam.12" S8, AP1 Lance 6"Blessing. Targe infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement.

Fast Vehicles
- Rhinos
- Razorbacks
- Baal Predators

Detachment
Mandatory: 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops
Optional: As usual, but 3 additioanl Elite (Total 4)
Special rule: +1I when charging, all the army, any turn. I see in the pictures of the codex there is nothing coming after the termie kit. Librarian is separate from the kit.

via El Descanso Del Escriba (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/12/ultima-horadesvelada-wdw-46-al.html) 12-9-2014

Blood Angel Latest

Straight JaKeT
07-14-2014, 02:09 AM
Blood Angels Rumor Roundup (Cont...)
via Las Lágrimas Negras (http://laslagrimasnegras.blogspot.com/2014/12/novedades-leaks-del-codex-as-y-nuevos.html) 12-10-2014

Blood Angels Characters

via Twinner on DakkaDakka (http://www.dakkadakka.com/) 12-10-2014

Sanguinary Priests
Priests can't take Terminator Armor, but can take jump packs and bikes (standard points costs)
Only one per slot, so max 2 per detachment, allowing for no other HQs
Encarmine Weapons are; Sword is AP 3, master crafted, Glaive Ap 2 Str +1, master crafted, unwieldy
FNP buff works on whatever squad the priest is in, i.e allied squads such as... Centurions.

Character Info
Two Versions of Tycho (seperate entries)
Chaplains are HQ, although Lemartes is an Elite
Techmarine is HQ as well. (Getting kind of crowded there in the HQ spot)
Gabriel Seth is about the same cost, and Lord of War Same wargear, but rage and furious charge. Whilrlwind of gore changed to adding an additional attack for each 6 rolled to hit. His weapon is now called a Blood Reaver, str 8, sp 4 rending.
Corbulo- HQ, a couple more points in cost now. Basically the same re-roll. 3 W. Buffs all BA within 6 inches (1 WS, 1 Ini), but standard FNP on himself.

via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative?ref=hl) 12-11-2014

via Forge the Narrative (https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative?ref=hl) 12-12-2014

BA Psychic Deck

Original Post
---------------------------------------
Was hoping they would come out before wolves.... Too bad...

Wolfshade
07-14-2014, 02:36 AM
Mephiston: Lord of War.
Mwhahahahah

Behold the lord of death and tremble.

It would be good, and one in the eye to librarian smurf tigirius, but I am not entirely convinced that this would happen.

The resculpt rumour was something kicking around back when they got their WD codex.

But new BA crack is always good to me.

lets_get_em_boyz
07-15-2014, 02:29 AM
I just hope for some point drops.

spagunk
07-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Provided these rumors are true, the sanguinary terminators sound almost like the wild "Blood Brothers" rumor at its face. I am guessing it has to be some sort of Space Hulk tie-in reference or something.

I am in desperate need of some more sanguinary priests so having a plastic one sounds tasty (again, if true).

The wheeled vehicle is very "WTF". However after the Taurox thing, I wouldn't put it past them.

My bet is a Mephiston re sculpt. Dante could use a face lift too but he still has a dynamic pose. Mephy still holds a 2nd edition plasma pistol for goodness sakes.

Bigred
09-26-2014, 07:15 AM
via Steve the Warboss 9-26-2014

- The Sons of Sanguinius will come soon after Endtimes Book 2.
- GW will use this release slot to replace older Space Marine Plastic sprues.
- 4-5 week are realistic.

BHound1981
09-26-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm hoping for more nipple armor. Anyone with me?

spagunk
09-26-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm hoping for more nipple armor. Anyone with me?

They're tingling in anticipation.

Brakkart
09-26-2014, 08:08 AM
"Older plastic space Marine sprues eh?" Hmm here's hoping for a plastic Techmarine then and perhaps an Honour Guard squad box too. A redone Space Marine Commander box would be good too that had more of the options inc Termy armour.

Gwhizz84
09-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Hopefully new bikes based on FW outriders!

Patrick Boyle
09-26-2014, 08:47 AM
"Older plastic space Marine sprues eh?" Hmm here's hoping for a plastic Techmarine then and perhaps an Honour Guard squad box too. A redone Space Marine Commander box would be good too that had more of the options inc Termy armour.

Given the first two of those kits aren't plastic, the description to me sounds more like say, Assault Marines and Devastators, the molds for which are getting pretty worn out in the same way Tactical Marines were. I'd be doubtful of getting a new plastic commander too, given the trend for characters has been clamshells, but it's possible. It'd definitely be a treasure trove of fancy bits if it happens. It'd have to be, the current multi-part Commander, and command squad for that matter, look positively plain compared to the new Sternguard box.

DWest
09-26-2014, 08:48 AM
I expect that Assault Marines are the #1 item up for a re-do on that list, as they're very old and very sad.

MajorWesJanson
09-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Assault Marines are rather likely. Probably a 5 pack for $40, with less bling but more basic power weapons and pistol options than the Vanguard.
Razorback is also a potential old kit that could use a replacement- drop the old turret and hatch sprues, add a new style turret that is more like the FW one and give it all the turret weapon options.

daboarder
09-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Given the first two of those kits aren't plastic, the description to me sounds more like say, Assault Marines and Devastators, the molds for which are getting pretty worn out in the same way Tactical Marines were. I'd be doubtful of getting a new plastic commander too, given the trend for characters has been clamshells, but it's possible. It'd definitely be a treasure trove of fancy bits if it happens. It'd have to be, the current multi-part Commander, and command squad for that matter, look positively plain compared to the new Sternguard box.

Doubt Devs would get a new kit, theirs is only about 8 or so years old

Patrick Boyle
09-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Doubt Devs would get a new kit, theirs is only about 8 or so years old

Maybe not the whole kit, though I could see them repacking to replace the old Tactical Marine sprues that provide legs, torsos, shoulder pads, etc., though the layout of the new Tac Marine boxes would make doing that kind of split tricky for 5 models...

fireangel
09-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Hey Guys,

So I play BA but I don't follow the GW rumors to a tee.

Just curious if we have a more specific date for this codex? I'm not seeing anything in my search.

fireangel
09-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Is there a specific date on this release, or even a quarter that we can expect to see it released during?

Wolfshade
09-30-2014, 01:56 AM
Just curious if we have a more specific date for this codex?

1st post: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?47200-Blood-Angels-Rumor-Roundup&p=436451&viewfull=1#post436451

6th post: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?47200-Blood-Angels-Rumor-Roundup&p=452262&viewfull=1#post452262

DanTheGameMan
10-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Anyone heard anything new on this, other than the DE-dex typo? I've got a buddy who plays BA and is in desperate need of some good news :p

MajorWesJanson
10-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Anyone heard anything new on this, other than the DE-dex typo? I've got a buddy who plays BA and is in desperate need of some good news :p

Next 3 weeks are Fantasy End times supposedly. We see from there.

Bigred
10-08-2014, 03:09 PM
via Steve the Warboss 10-8-2014

Blood Angels Latest:

Miniatures & Products
-New Character, a Captain (maybe 1.Company)
-Mephiston in plastic
-New Terminator Box with all weapon options
-New Assault Marine Box
-New generic Dreadnought
-Honour Guard Box (maybe only an repack)

-Mephiston will be a LoW, he turned into a "uber" psyker
-BA Painting Guide
-Suppliment featuring the new captain

New Blood Angels Lore
-The Flesh Tearers are now watched by the Inquisition
-A Rumor make the round in the Imperium, one of the BA successor chapters are traitors (not the Flesh Tearers)
-The attitude of Imperial authorities over the BA worsen

Deadlift
10-08-2014, 03:14 PM
All looks very nice to me, BA successor chapter gone traitor, that would be "Knights of Blood" wouldn't it ?

Gwhizz84
10-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Could be Lamenters as well, no one seems to know what happened to them after the tyranids nommed on most of em. KoB were kinda confirmed to be heretics beforehand

Deadlift
10-08-2014, 03:21 PM
I thought Lamenters were on a penance crusade to prove their loyalty. Could be that they got ****ed off with that and turned. To be fair anyone of them is a candidate ;).

Defenestratus
10-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Does "all weapon options" mean both assault and standard load outs are possible from a single box?

daboarder
10-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Man I really dont want my angels updated yet.....I love my priests:(

- - - Updated - - -

Also wasn't steve totally off about DE

Erik Setzer
10-08-2014, 06:09 PM
So let me get this straight...

Logan becomes LOW, gains a nifty chariot and is an all-around badass.
Mephiston becomes LOW, becomes a super-psyker.
Ghazghkull becomes LOW, loses his invulnerable save.

#BecauseOrks #TomKirbyHatesGreenPeople

MajorWesJanson
10-08-2014, 06:57 PM
So let me get this straight...

Logan becomes LOW, gains a nifty chariot and is an all-around badass.
Mephiston becomes LOW, becomes a super-psyker.
Ghazghkull becomes LOW, loses his invulnerable save.

#BecauseOrks #TomKirbyHatesGreenPeople

Don't forget:
Vect doesn't become LOW, is removed from the book entirely, and no LOWs at all for DE.

These rumors make sense, and sound plausible. New Assault Marines are fitting, and new Dred kit would be nice, if only to finally get those missing weapon options (hopefully plug and play compatible with the Ven Dread kit)

Terminator box as in BA specific terminators, or a redone generic Terminators with all the weapons in one kit instead of two separate boxes?
New Captain? Maybe Tycho's replacement?

Deadlift
10-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Next month sees some Black Library Flesh Tearers releases, Sons of Wrath and Trail by Blood. Could be inline with the rumours above.

Bigred
10-09-2014, 09:57 AM
More Blood Angels rumors 10-9-2014

Mephiston
-Mephiston is getting a new plastic.

Huge, standing almost as tall as a terminator. Sword low across front in right arm. Left extented over the top with hand spread...individual fingers. Looks like he's lunging forward sweeping the blade in an uppercut. Cape blown about behind him. Model has skull and blood drop iconography all over. Aegis extends up like the cowl of the old figure but is much more recognisable as a psychic hood. Face is incredibly detailed. Fangs are visible.

Captain Tycho
-Tycho plastic is death company version.
-Has a chainsword and signature combimelta.
-DC iconography, retains nipple armor.

Corbulo
-Corbulo plastic is in sanguinary armor.
-Has chalice held aloft with both arms as in offering.

Terminators Set
-New Blood Angel Terminator box set.
-Makes terminators, BA captain in TA, BA Librarian in TA, or new BA terminator armored heavy unit.
-Storm Bolters are in hand not arm-mounted like gk.
-Includes power axes, fists, sbs, force sword, power sword, new 2 handed heavy cannon, heavy flamer, Assault cannon, librarian torso/tabard/shoulders/weapon, banner, captain options (combi weapons) tons of bits.

Reliability is: medium-low, coming from a mix of known and unknown sources

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-09-2014, 11:46 AM
I'd be quite happy if those rumours are true, especially the terminator ones. May dig out my old Quantum Chevrons successor and give them a bit of an update.

Houghten
10-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Three plastic special characters for Blood Angels, where Dark Eldar get none?

I don't want to believe it, but I can.

Wolfshade
10-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Mephiston!

Deadlift
10-09-2014, 04:19 PM
It's that Terminator kit rumour. If that's true it's a brilliant.

MajorWesJanson
10-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Three plastic special characters for Blood Angels, where Dark Eldar get none?

I don't want to believe it, but I can.

It would make sense, actually, since BA already have access to plastic versions of all their generic HQ choices already, while DE had exactly 0 plastic HQ before this release. Not saying I like the removal of all the SCs for DE at all, but BA getting plastic SCs and a terminator kit makes sense for them, as there really isn't any other BA specific kits they could do (though they could go the GK route and not give them any new models :mad: At least DE got some nice looking models, even if all the models released should have been a model-only wave a few years ago)

Lord_Boofhead
10-11-2014, 08:31 PM

That wouldbe the Blood Knights,not new fluff.

DrLove42
10-19-2014, 02:28 AM
Saw this floating round. Not sure if real

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g19ydymA4ig/VEKpwI47guI/AAAAAAAAK2Q/xiBkTAbW3XI/s1600/14%2B-%2B1

pathstrider
10-19-2014, 02:31 AM
Saw this floating round. Not sure if real

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g19ydymA4ig/VEKpwI47guI/AAAAAAAAK2Q/xiBkTAbW3XI/s1600/14%2B-%2B1

That's the cover to the black library lemartes book - so probably not.

Houghten
10-19-2014, 04:29 AM
It's not. (http://dedard.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/could-this-be-new-blood-angels-cover.html)

Edited for clarification, because links are stealthy on this board: the previous sentence is a link.

There is at least one recorded case of a novel and Codex using the same cover art (Knights of the Imperium / Codex: Imperial Knights) but that specific Lemartes-codex-cover image is a mockup based on a description from someone who's supposedly seen the cover. It might be accurate, but it's not real.

Wolfshade
10-19-2014, 03:30 PM
The res of the image and logo further show its fakeness.

Defenestratus
10-20-2014, 07:54 AM
I haven't seen a lower level of interest for a new release in a while.

Me included. BA are my second army and I really couldn't care less about their new release for some reason or another.

energongoodie
10-20-2014, 08:20 AM
I haven't seen a lower level of interest for a new release in a while.

Me included. BA are my second army and I really couldn't care less about their new release for some reason or another.

I know what you mean.
For me, it's that I like the current book, with a few point costs and pointlessly high initiatives aside, and the trend of 7th books so far has been to reduce flavour and content, in my humble opinion.
Therefore I'm worried it's gonna be bobbins and not excited cause it'll probably be less fun.

I'd love a new model or two though :)

40kGamer
10-20-2014, 08:40 AM
...and the trend of 7th books so far has been to reduce flavour and content, in my humble opinion.

It does appear that 7th edition is the 'take all the toppings off and give people a cheese pizza' edition. Maybe the braintrust at GW studied up on Henry Ford's business philosophy.

energongoodie
10-20-2014, 09:00 AM
It does appear that 7th edition is the 'take all the toppings off and give people a cheese pizza' edition. Maybe the braintrust at GW studied up on Henry Ford's business philosophy.

I like your analogy :)

40kGamer
10-20-2014, 09:23 AM
I like your analogy :)

Thanks mate... I have an unnatural love of pizza. :p

Defenestratus
10-20-2014, 09:39 AM

I'm not scared at all what is going to happen to BA. They can't really get more boring to play for me. They're going to have to fix DoA somehow - and I'm sure our vehicles are going to lose their fast status.

I'm just not feeling the excitement I did before the Eldar codex and thats probably because we don't have a giant knight model to look forwards to, the book we have now still feels new and honestly, BA haven't really changed throughout the years.

All we have to look forwards to are new Assmarines, new terminators.... neither of which my army really needs. Result? *yawn*

Wolfshade
10-20-2014, 12:32 PM
I am so excited for this, but unfortunately, my new job means that I have to work rather than be on the forum 9-5

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-20-2014, 12:42 PM
I look forward to it - IF there are actual models with it, i dont care about the rules as i dont play so a new codex has no interest to me.

Duo Sonata
10-20-2014, 09:53 PM
While the idea of a BA warlord table and some unique wargear sounds appealing, if the codex turns out to be a minimalist release like that of the grey knight then chances are some vehicles will lose their fast status and vanguard veterans will become like their Codex SM equivalents...

Erik Setzer
10-21-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm looking forward to the BA release as it might mean I'll finally play my Blood Angels again, but I'm not going to go nuts over it.

I guess it helps my expectations for it that I haven't played BA since 3rd edition. For those who weren't around to see that mess, BA transports could move up to 18", back then you disembarked 2", and assault was a straight 6" move, plus you could assault out of Rhinos... so you had a 26" charge range, basically, and it was just disgusting to see assaults in Turn 1 and all the shenanigans. Since then, the Rhino assault has been pretty much removed, and a lot of new options thrown in, with Death Company also changing significantly (I really should probably just remove the arms from my models, dunk the metal bodies in something to remove the primer, and attach new arms with new weapons, then finally paint them).

Blood Angels were actually my first army, before Orks even, but that was in 2nd edition, and then there was the 3rd edition deal with them. I don't mind them being more vanilla than they are now, I'm used to that. They'll at least keep all the options they have plastic models for, so that's a lot of new stuff for me to collect... unless I keep running my BA as they used to be, an army of guys that advances forward firing bolters like crazy and then clubs people with the bolters when they get too close.

jonsgot
10-21-2014, 05:20 PM
I look forward to it - IF there are actual models with it, i dont care about the rules as i dont play so a new codex has no interest to me.

If it wasn't for the Space Hulk terminators my blood Angels would be destined to become exodus marines.

Anthrax ion pusscabe
10-25-2014, 05:41 AM
All I want is a points adjustment, I'm already considering building a new 40k army to replace them

- - - Updated - - -

If they remain as hard to get men on the board as they are now

Bigred
10-25-2014, 10:15 AM
via dakkadakka'a Arschbombe (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/210/618311.page#7298284) 10-23-2014

No new model, but you will get:

DLC1: Dataslate Tycho. $20

DLC2: Dataslate Death Company Tycho $25.

phoenix01
10-25-2014, 02:18 PM
So no new models, eh? Just a codex and some dataslates. Almost as bad as Grey knights.

Wait, isn't this contrary to the idea of "Games Workshop is a Miniatures company, not a game company"?

HansRichter
10-25-2014, 02:47 PM

You realise this was said as a joke, right?

Erik Setzer
10-27-2014, 02:09 PM
You realise this was said as a joke, right?

That makes more sense to me. I know GW's trying to squeeze blood from a stone with every release these days, but putting out a new codex and then trying to do two dataslates costing a combined $45 (an unheard of price for character dataslates, too), with them just being two versions of the same model who already has rules in the codex, would just be well past insane. It would be the official "jumping the shark" moment.

I can understand if they don't make new models, because the Blood Angels already have a heck of a selection as it is, and they didn't exactly jump to make new Grey Knights unnecessarily. But take a character out of the book, then split him into two dataslates, charging people an extra $45? Yeah, not seeing that.

jonsgot
10-27-2014, 06:08 PM
That makes more sense to me. I know GW's trying to squeeze blood from a stone with every release these days, but putting out a new codex and then trying to do two dataslates costing a combined $45 (an unheard of price for character dataslates, too), with them just being two versions of the same model who already has rules in the codex, would just be well past insane. It would be the official "jumping the shark" moment.

I can understand if they don't make new models, because the Blood Angels already have a heck of a selection as it is, and they didn't exactly jump to make new Grey Knights unnecessarily. But take a character out of the book, then split him into two dataslates, charging people an extra $45? Yeah, not seeing that.

As long as we buy it, they will sell it.

lobster-overlord
10-27-2014, 06:47 PM
It would be the official "jumping the shark" moment.

That would be the "jumping the Carcharodons" moment since it's 40k.

Power Klawz
10-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Actually "jumping the shark" is not applicable to the proposed circumstance, as what you're talking about is a purely economic development, whereas jumping the shark refers to an intellectual property losing all semblance of continuity and pride in itself in an absurd attempt to make itself relevant in a changing media marketplace. The eponymous circumstance being when the Fonze literally jumped over a shark on water skis to appeal to a more "extreme" crowd in the late 70s.

In that regard, the Blood Angels jumped the shark in their last major codex update when they started dropping land raiders from orbit and running around with more nipple armor per capita than a Vegas dance review.

Also wings on jump packs. Dear god.

Also also the sanguinor.

EDIT: Seriously, the sanguinor man. He doesn't even have a reason to exist, they didn't even bother writing any actual fluff, he just shows up and rassles a blood thirster for "reasons" and then ****s off to Brighton, or whatever. Maybe he's the flamboyantly gay member of the legion of the damned and the rest of the boys weren't secure enough in their manliness to walk around literally flaming and in his company, so he had to find a new gig. I don't know, nobody knows, because he's the worst thing ever.

jonsgot
10-28-2014, 02:36 AM
EDIT: Seriously, the sanguinor man. He doesn't even have a reason to exist, they didn't even bother writing any actual fluff, he just shows up and rassles a blood thirster for "reasons" and then ****s off to Brighton, or whatever. Maybe he's the flamboyantly gay member of the legion of the damned and the rest of the boys weren't secure enough in their manliness to walk around literally flaming and in his company, so he had to find a new gig. I don't know, nobody knows, because he's the worst thing ever.

I love it. Great model, I don't know why I don't own one.

Erik Setzer
10-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Actually "jumping the shark" is not applicable to the proposed circumstance, as what you're talking about is a purely economic development, whereas jumping the shark refers to an intellectual property losing all semblance of continuity and pride in itself in an absurd attempt to make itself relevant in a changing media marketplace. The eponymous circumstance being when the Fonze literally jumped over a shark on water skis to appeal to a more "extreme" crowd in the late 70s.

In short: Fonze jumping the shark is when Happy Days basically lost its mind. It was all downhill from there, and people knew it, and recognized how desperate they were. (I do know what the reference is to.)

In short: GW taking a character out of a codex in order to release two dataslates for the same character at a combined $45 would be GW officially losing its mind, and showing people how desperate they are to stop a coming slide.

So it works here. It's not a one-to-one comparison, but on the basic premise of what's happening, it works.

Cpt Codpiece
10-29-2014, 06:59 PM
TBH tycho 'IS' actually dead! so not being in the dex is not a big issue really, i know codex have in the past covered a large space of time, but it seems we are focusing on one time now.

daboarder
10-29-2014, 08:45 PM
unless you run tycho...probably a pretty big problem for those guys

Bigred
10-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Multiple sources are now saying to look for:

- Blood Angel, Tyranids & Necron Campaign
- Limited boxed set will accompany the campaign modeled after the Stormclaw product
- Box will include Ba vs Tyranid opposing forces led by:
- Plastic Blood Angel Captain
- Named Tyranid Character (Prime most commonly names, but Lictor or Broodlord possible)

Look for this before the new year.

Power Klawz
10-31-2014, 07:14 PM
I love it. Great model, I don't know why I don't own one.

Well I don't mind the model really, most of it is rather great, the giant wings are a bit much for my tastes though. Then again, you can easily remove them from the model so its fine. I'd love to use it as a generic captain for my BA force. I just think they really missed the mark when they introduced a new special character, something that is rarely done, and then just crapped out an idiotic backstory. I would have much preferred a commander Dante resculpt to be honest.

Bigred
11-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Gary's (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/1ULadY65rfs/shield-of-baal-exterminatus.html) got two commenters saying this this 11-15-2014

via e9832a04-6d07-11e4-9637-1fd442c0eb49 or conspiracynutt (was posted under both names)

Ok, this is either going to go down like a lead balloon or I may have just found the holy grail of rumour farming!!!!

So here goes, the next book being released for the campaign is....
Shield of Baal:Exterminatus.

Not only that but the Blood angels codex is coming with this funky little tidbit:
Codex Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Edition
As well as:
Blood Angels Data Cards(English)

I know people will throw salt all over this, but I believe it is genuine and I have proof but I just don't want to give it away just yet in case Games Workshop patch that particular hole because it could be a potential gold mine for info.

via Nightfury

"The Sanguinary Guard edition will be similar to the wolfguard limited edition SW codex with counters and an artfolio.. should go up for preorders the last week in november if the timetable is correct along with the much anticipated LE boxed set that will almost certainly include the new tyranid broodlord i told you about a few weeks ago"

So take that with some salt - as it comes from two commenter's on Faeit 212

Mr Mystery
11-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

Leviathan sold out in the UK.

Shall have to have a word with friendly, local manager, see if he can stick one away until I get back from work on Saturday!

Kirsten
11-16-2014, 09:03 AM
looking forward to some blood angels, I could well be tempted

Cutter
11-17-2014, 07:43 AM
...Seriously, the sanguinor man. He doesn't even have a reason to exist, they didn't even bother writing any actual fluff, he just shows up and rassles a blood thirster for "reasons" and then ****s off to Brighton, or whatever. Maybe he's the flamboyantly gay member of the legion of the damned and the rest of the boys weren't secure enough in their manliness to walk around literally flaming and in his company, so he had to find a new gig. I don't know, nobody knows, because he's the worst thing ever.

He's super, thanks for asking!

Bigred
11-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Gary's (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/bBZrleSZuQg/shield-of-baal-deathstorm-box-set-and.html) got a live one 11-21-2014

Shield of Baal Week 2 Products

two releases next week for 40k and the rest is hobbit and some bases.
Shield of Baal box set $125 25 miniatures, campaign supplement, and rules
Shield of Baal: Deasthstorm $24 hardback 125pgs

Contents of the box set
Small Rulebook with Blood Angels on Front
Campaign Supplement -40pages
3 missions, rules and dataslates for each model, two formations- Strike Force Deathstorm and Phodian Annihilation Swarm

Blood Angels Strike Force- 12 models
Captain Karlean, 5 terminators, 5 deasth company, and a death company dreadnought

Phodian Annihilation Swarm- 13 models
Spawn of Cryptus, 8 genestrealers, 3 warriors, and a carnifex

The Spawn of Cryptus is a very large Broodlord towering over the height of warriors. Both the Spawn of Cryptus and Captian Karlean are new models.

Wolfshade
11-21-2014, 12:50 PM
OOh new BAs hmmm...

Bigred
11-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Shield of Baal: Deathstorm CONFIRMED!

Shield of Baal: Deathstorm (WD44 Cover)

via L'Astropate (http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/11/shiled-of-baal-deathstorm-contenuto.html) 11-24-2014

SHIELD OF BAAL: DEATHSTORM € 100.00

SHIELD OF BAAL: DEATHSTORM (HARD COVER) € 20.00

SMB: VISIONS OF WAR € 40.00

- The box "Shield of Baal: Deathstorm" contains the following figures:
Karlaen - captain in terminator armor of angels and bloodthirsty "Spawn of Cryptus," Lord of the Swarm Tyranid (both miniatures are completely new); 1 Death Company Blood Angels (5 miniatures), 5 and 1 Dreadnought Space Marine Terminator Death Company; 3 Tyranid Warriors, 8 Genestealers and 1 Carnifex; 1 book for rules and one for the country (both in English). The availability will be limited as Stormclaw.

Cpt Codpiece
11-24-2014, 01:21 PM
YES!

blood angel dude looks junk! i dont have to buy it! YAY!

Defenestratus
11-24-2014, 01:23 PM
YES!

I had the same exact though. Those terminator models are really showing their age too.

Cpt Codpiece
11-24-2014, 01:36 PM
my BA use tartaros suits anyway, its just hard getting the claws and hammers off ebay for a squad.
tactical squad is sorted though..... was hoping for a dante or tycho style sculpt..... even the strike force alpha dude looks better.... and he is.... well...... disappointing.....

what is really new from this model? a cape and a winged hammer...... sorry that just aint good enough..... especially with people just a few months back buying space hulk.

40kGamer
11-24-2014, 01:47 PM
I would have been happy if they put the Space Hulk Terminators into the set.

JMichael
11-24-2014, 01:57 PM
I would have been happy if they put the Space Hulk Terminators into the set.

I bought Space Hulk mostly for the models.
They will be selling some more Space Hulk in Dec (have an email from GW that there is some stock left).

Cpt Codpiece
11-24-2014, 02:11 PM
im not a fan of the SH termies either.
FW have the right idea, it seems GW generally have lost a bit of direction with the big armies..... :( i miss proper themed armies.

40kGamer
11-24-2014, 02:21 PM
They will be selling some more Space Hulk in Dec (have an email from GW that there is some stock left).

I bought it mainly for the models too but it sure is a fun stand alone game too!

im not a fan of the SH termies either.
FW have the right idea, it seems GW generally have lost a bit of direction with the big armies..... :( i miss proper themed armies.

Looks like the Tartaros version at least addresses the super model thighs problem the regular termies suffer from. :p

ElectricPaladin
11-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah... I mean, if the box had new terminators, or if the captain's sculpt was so excellent that I didn't think "eh, that's pretty cool, but I could bash/sculpt something I liked even better," then I might be sold.

energongoodie
11-24-2014, 03:28 PM
YES!

My exact reaction also! :)

Wolfshade
11-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Yay for going back with the black hands on the 1st company!

The Madman
11-24-2014, 05:04 PM
If that's all what's on the Tyranid's side of the box then I'm not interested; not spending £60-£80 on a single miniature that is likely just a fancy looking warrior prime.

DWest
11-24-2014, 06:11 PM
I thought it was supposed to be a jump pack Captain? Terminator Captain = boo. Ugly Terminator Captain = no sale.

daboarder
11-24-2014, 07:18 PM
yeah the whole thing is a little lackluster.

I'll be picking it up though, the Nids I can use (hell I'll even finally consider a dual dethspitter fex)

Terminators are going chaos along with the dread (5 helbrutes....hey might give that big formation a go)

and the Death co and staying blood angels.

Deathstorm goes with my levaithan book and the rulebook is a bonus

Power Klawz
11-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Its kind of hard to nail down my guesses for 7th edition Blood Angels. On the one hand DE were extremely simplified in terms of their army wide rules application, they went from having to track pain tokens for each individual squad to a simple stacking buff system that happens automatically. On the other hand Orks went from a straightforward fearless-lite universal rule to a rather convoluted retro-fearless throwback rule.

I'm betting that the blood angels keep their special deep strike rules and that the black rage is removed as a random mechanic. I'm guessing army wide furious charge and higher initiatives on elite units will be the order of the day.

This is just wishlisting here but I'd like to see them remove vanguard vets from the army list and collapse all terminators into a single unit so that you can mix and match ranged and assault termies if you life. I feel that vanguard vets and sanguinary guard are redundant and that the BA list has a lot of bloat anyways. I don't think they need sternguard either. Fast vehicles, accurate deep strike and harder hitting cloe combat units that hit faster are what I'd like to see, and an AP2 at initiative relic. Maybe removing the unwieldy rule from the sanguinary guard's power axes and charging something like 20 points a pop for them would be nice too, but I won't get my hopes up.

Bigred
11-25-2014, 12:12 AM
via the Mexican Ork (https://www.facebook.com/mexork?fref=photo) 11-24-2014

Deathstorm contents

daboarder
11-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Its kind of hard to nail down my guesses for 7th edition Blood Angels. On the one hand DE were extremely simplified in terms of their army wide rules application, they went from having to track pain tokens for each individual squad to a simple stacking buff system that happens automatically. On the other hand Orks went from a straightforward fearless-lite universal rule to a rather convoluted retro-fearless throwback rule.

I'm betting that the blood angels keep their special deep strike rules and that the black rage is removed as a random mechanic. I'm guessing army wide furious charge and higher initiatives on elite units will be the order of the day.

This is just wishlisting here but I'd like to see them remove vanguard vets from the army list and collapse all terminators into a single unit so that you can mix and match ranged and assault termies if you life. I feel that vanguard vets and sanguinary guard are redundant and that the BA list has a lot of bloat anyways. I don't think they need sternguard either. Fast vehicles, accurate deep strike and harder hitting cloe combat units that hit faster are what I'd like to see, and an AP2 at initiative relic. Maybe removing the unwieldy rule from the sanguinary guard's power axes and charging something like 20 points a pop for them would be nice too, but I won't get my hopes up.

I really really hope we keep priests. They are one of my favourite parts of 40k and in their current incarnation one of my favourite mechanics

spagunk
11-25-2014, 04:10 AM
I like the pose of the captain and will purchase the box.

If you want ugly, static poses then I should show you pictures of my 3rd edition terminators.

Mr Mystery
11-25-2014, 06:40 AM
If that's all what's on the Tyranid's side of the box then I'm not interested; not spending £60-£80 on a single miniature that is likely just a fancy looking warrior prime.

There's a solid market for the diddy rulebook, and the Blood Angels still represent very good value, especially if you sell them on.

Me, I'm not tempted enough. Bought Stormclaw for the Orks as I was starting an Ork army - this stuff not so much.

40kGamer
11-25-2014, 08:07 AM
There's a solid market for the diddy rulebook, and the Blood Angels still represent very good value, especially if you sell them on.

Me, I'm not tempted enough. Bought Stormclaw for the Orks as I was starting an Ork army - this stuff not so much.

Ah hell... not so inspiring models aside I'll still get my normal order of these. It's ~$300 USD of models for $125. Termies are the base for my truescale madness and the bitz for the Death Company are really nice. Plus you can never, ever have too many Nid models to represent a swarm... so the more the merrier.

Wolfshade
11-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I must have all the blood angels.

Meph
11-25-2014, 10:03 AM
At first I got all excited but now I'm frowning a sad frown.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-25-2014, 10:47 AM
That Terminator Captain looks ace, quite frankly.

Definite buy.

John Bower
11-25-2014, 10:57 AM
That Terminator Captain looks ace, quite frankly.

Definite buy.

got to admit he's the one model I'd likely sell off; I like my marines to wear helmets into battle. I've got a couple but my fluff for my BA's would make him look... off.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-25-2014, 11:08 AM
That's a fair shout, I have a mix.

Erik Setzer
11-25-2014, 01:42 PM

Yeah, they did some kind of silly stuff with Space Hulk. The local store had like 18 pre-orders, so they sent him 15 to put on the shelf. He sold a few copies, but moving all of them wasn't going to be likely. They had him send back most of the unsold boxes. Probably had the same issue with other stores. Still, it means there'll be copies available. Not many, but some.

Houghten
11-25-2014, 01:49 PM
*blink*

That mini-rulebook has a Blood Angel on the cover! Why didn't the Stormclaw one have a Space Wolf?

40kGamer
11-25-2014, 01:55 PM
*blink*

That mini-rulebook has a Blood Angel on the cover! Why didn't the Stormclaw one have a Space Wolf?

Must have had plenty left from the initial run. Would have been cool though. :(

Houghten
11-25-2014, 02:09 PM
That was the initial run! Stormclaw was the first available paperback 7th Edition mini-rulebook - Dark Vengeance didn't get reboxed until later (admittedly, a very short while later).

40kGamer
11-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Maybe an after thought to try and distinguish these limited starters a bit more? As a long time wolf player I would have really liked it though.

Bigred
11-25-2014, 03:56 PM

Wolfshade
11-25-2014, 04:43 PM
*blink*

BA > SW obvs.

40kGamer
11-25-2014, 05:03 PM
BA > SW obvs.

:p

Kirsten
11-25-2014, 08:31 PM
need a mini rulebook, and I have always wanted one of those plastic carnifex models. had a nid army back in 3rd/4th edition with metal screamer killers, always meant to start again, especially now with so many big plastic monsters. very tempted.

Wolfshade
11-26-2014, 03:16 AM
I was thinking about this I have quite a few nids floating about already so if I get this book then i can start a new army....

Oh and every member of my gaming group would have a nid army...

Defenestratus
11-28-2014, 09:48 AM
Gary has a source saying the BA codex is going up for pre-order next week. Doesn't make sense to me, but it is what it is.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Lots of releases next week including some surprises. There are lots of hobbit releases, including Smaug. Smaug is extremely huge will be listed for expert modelers only. Of course he is going to cost you almost 500 dollars US, but this is a huge model standing over lots of gold and two columns with Bilbo hiding beneath.

Blood angels get their codex next week. The cover is an assault marine wielding a plasma pistol and and chainsword, overall a nice looking cover.

Blood Angels also get new datacards and dice, but more importantly blood angels get a new tactical squad with lots of options. Shoulder pads, helmets and blood angel symbols are everywhere. It looks like a full box of bits. Heavy Flamer is also in the box.

Last but least there is a new Sanguinary Priest with with a extra machinery on the backpack, a blood chalice, and a nice looking chainsword.

Bigred
11-28-2014, 10:42 AM
via gary (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/wwg6WFVce88/breaking-next-weeks-releases-blood.html) 11-28-2014

I'd take this with a LOT of salt. The attached Hobbit rumors seem over the top, and the BA rumors have a vague wishlisty feel to them.

Path Walker
11-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Blood Angels is believeable and probably reasonably accurate, the Hobbit/Battle of the 5 armies doesn't even make sense, given that that it says the Battle of the 5 Armies will be a War of The Rings rerelease (which was a bit of a flop even compared to the lacklustre sales of the hobbit) and it then says they're dropping the Hobbit and only keeping LotR, even though Battle of the 5 Armies is the Hobbit.

Deadlift
11-28-2014, 03:31 PM
New Blood Angels Tactical Squad
Via http://astropate.blogspot.ca/2014/11/white-dwarf-45-nuovi-angeli-sanguinari.html?spref=fb

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/6895bd23e0e3bd9777942897e7fc3d66.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/50cd1e6f1c77e7dd6dbdc66666028aaa.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/6a18bdb80b73d772055c25fc5d8252cc.jpg

Personally I felt this was a wasted release. I've mixed in a box of Death Company bitz into a Tactical squad to get the unique Blood Angels look. Worked well enough for me. I would have preferred a dedicated Terminator kit.

Houghten
11-28-2014, 03:59 PM
I could have understood it if they had wanted to keep the grav weapons out of Blood Angel hands, but that's clearly not what's happening since that chap at bottom left has one...

Looks like a heavy flamer too, at least that's something the regular Marines can't do in their Tactical squads - kind of vaguely justifies the separate set...

*mutters something about Salamanders not being able to do that*

Kirsten
11-28-2014, 04:04 PM
sorely tempted by the starter set and some blood angels tactical squads, but realistically I wont do anything with them any time soon and I have too much on the go already, have to ignore the temptation...

Patrick Boyle
11-28-2014, 04:21 PM
I sense some Blood Ravens conversions coming out of some of those chest and shoulder pieces. Just some carefully greenstuffed tails and heads on the winged blood drops...

Defenestratus
11-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Of all the kits to release... a Blood Angels Tactical Marines box?

Go home GW - you're drunk.

Edit: As a BA player, clearly I like to field tactical marines - thats why I picked a marine chapter to play that... doesn't require tactical marines as troops choices. What the hell is GW thinking? No buy from me on this one. Looks like my BA aren't going to be expanded (an unlikely proposition in the first place)

spagunk
11-28-2014, 05:49 PM
I dont exactly "need" another tac squad but I'm quite the sucker.

Looks like from the screen shots that these are the same iconography from the dc box. Kinda disappointed but whatever.

Ive always wanted heavy flamers in a tac squad. Makes drop pod assaults tasty :getin:

Defenestratus
11-28-2014, 05:54 PM
I dont exactly "need" another tac squad but I'm quite the sucker.

Looks like from the screen shots that these are the same iconography from the dc box. Kinda disappointed but whatever.

Ive always wanted heavy flamers in a tac squad. Makes drop pod assaults tasty :getin:

Looks like the sarg can take artificer as an upgrade since he has NIPPLE ARMOR in the pictures.

spagunk
11-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Looks like the sarg can take artificer as an upgrade since he has NIPPLE ARMOR in the pictures.

You can never have enough nipple armor.

Schemanoff
11-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Any one else noticed these marines are on larger bases????????????????????????????????

woodenronin
11-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Grav guns!!!! Holy shart. Do they get centurions too?

Defenestratus
11-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Grav guns!!!! Holy shart. Do they get centurions too?

If you were running GW, would you not want every BA player immediately running out and buying them a box of teletubbies?

DarkLink
11-28-2014, 08:34 PM
And buying new kits so you can get heavy flamers, too.

Defenestratus
11-28-2014, 08:50 PM
And buying new kits so you can get heavy flamers, too.

What space marine player who already has as many tac marines as he or she would ever want DOESN'T have a heavy flamer bit or two that they can use to make their own though? (What I'll end up doing)

Power Klawz
11-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Not really related to the forthcoming blood angels release but... the fact that they're going with an updated tac squad gives me faint glimmers of hope that they'll revisit chaos marines someday soon.

woodenronin
11-28-2014, 10:09 PM
I can't wait to read the new codex! I hope they get some love from GW.

DarkLink
11-28-2014, 11:35 PM
What space marine player who already has as many tac marines as he or she would ever want DOESN'T have a heavy flamer bit or two that they can use to make their own though? (What I'll end up doing)

Heavy flamers on tacs would be awesome, though. One of the main issues with tacs has always been that with one special and one heavy, they're not actually much good at killing anything. Now, if only they could get 2 ccw ala Grey Hunters.

Bigred
11-29-2014, 01:16 AM
gary's (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/HmOGAFsGlP0/next-weeks-full-release-list-with-prices.html) source says:

Week 1 Blood Angels

Codex: Blood Angels hardback 112 pages $49.50
Blood Angels Tactical Squad 10 miniatures $43
Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest 1 miniature $30
Datacards: Blood Angels 7 psychic powers 36 tactical objectives $10
Sons of Sanguinius: A Blood Angels Painting Guide paperback 176pgs $33
Blood Angels Dice available while stocks last 10 dice in tin $17
Mephiston Red Spray basecoat $18
Codex: Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Edition slipcase with prints and accessories online only $165

Smaug 1 miniature online only $490
Bard the Bowman with Windlance 1 miniature $40
Lake-Town Militia Captain 1 miniature $20
Lake-Town Militia Swordsmen 3 miniatures $25
Lake-town Militia Bowmen 3 miniatures $25
Lake-Town Militia Spearmen 3 miniatures $25

Horus Heresy: Legacies of Betrayal hardback 448pgs $30
Horus Heresy; Garro- Shield of Lies audio drama $29.95
Heart of Rage audio drama $15

Cleon
11-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Why do I get the feeling that I'll be disappointed (but not surprised) to find I can finally get a Blood Angels specific Tactical squad box, but it still doesn't have enough shoulder pads for 10 based on the chapter badge and 10 based on a blood drop. Meaning they can't be marked up like they've been telling me Blood Angels Tactical squads are for the last 20 years.

Houghten
11-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Heavy flamers on tacs would be awesome, though. One of the main issues with tacs has always been that with one special and one heavy, they're not actually much good at killing anything. Now, if only they could get 2 ccw ala Grey Hunters.

On balance, I've decided I don't like it. Heavy flamers on basic squads has until now been the exclusive preserve of the Sororitas, and they have precious little special left to them any more.

(also if you want an extra attack on your Blood Angels tactical marines, take Assault Marines. They're Troops!)

Gir
11-29-2014, 07:20 AM
Why do I get the feeling that I'll be disappointed (but not surprised) to find I can finally get a Blood Angels specific Tactical squad box, but it still doesn't have enough shoulder pads for 10 based on the chapter badge and 10 based on a blood drop. Meaning they can't be marked up like they've been telling me Blood Angels Tactical squads are for the last 20 years.

That thing about blood drops is they're extremely easy to paint on blank shoulder pads.

This Dave
11-29-2014, 11:52 AM
What's this I heard about the Marines in this set having 32mm bases?

Defenestratus
11-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Seems like the week after we could see terminators and a special character that sounds (hopefully not) like Dante...

Forgot to add that there's a new sculpt for a special character coming in plastic as well. From the description I received it sounds like Dante

DC terminators? Doesn't jive to me.. but what the heck, I didn't think the codex was coming this week either.

Blood angels terminator kit
Dual kit
First build is honour guard/ regular ba terminator with ornamentation similar to the da kit.

Second build is death company terminator with rather large chainfists and what appears to be souped up storm bolters/gatling cannons

- - - Updated - - -

Supposedly its the new base size for Muhreens. If you look at the deathstorm model pics, the DC models are all on larger bases than the gaunts (which should be on the same size bases). Its noticeable enough not to be a photo dimensional issue.

woodenronin
11-29-2014, 01:29 PM
I hope they don't change the size of bases for marines. I am still changing them from the plain plastic ones to ones with some kind of detail. I have 3 separate marine armies. That is around 400+ bases to change.

Bigred
11-29-2014, 06:36 PM
via conspiracynutt (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/G3NrCC_-vkg/release-order-including-end-times.html) 11-29-2014

Order of book releases is
Codex Blood Angels
Codex Blood Angels sanguinary guard edition
Codex Blood Angels data cards
Shield of Baal Exterminatus
End times Skaven
End times Skaven (limited edition)
All of the above are at GW HQ.

Anything else isn't printed yet so won't be out until late January as all books seem to be printed about 2 months before they are released.

ElectricPaladin
11-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Oy, my aching wallet.

It could be worse... I could play Skaven...

woodenronin
11-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Sold out already! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Defenestratus
11-29-2014, 08:14 PM

Ah-hem.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:569206

The market, as always, will respond to GW's shenanigans.

ElectricPaladin
11-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Hey, guys...

Couldn't this "elite, death company-looking terminators" be the "blood brothers" we heard about last time around?

I mean think about it... if the fluff shifts such that defeating the Black Rage is a thing that happens rarely, but frequently enough that a given company can field a small, elite squad of such exemplars, why wouldn't you put them in the best armor you've got? And furthermore, it seems reasonable that you might continue to paint their armor black and leave death company-like markings on it - as we can see from Lemartes and Mephiston, defeating the Black Rage still leaves you a fairly asocial person, and the Blood Angels are ritualist/semi-spiritual enough that they might avoid such individuals as inauspicious and mark them as such.

I've got to tell you, the description of them sounds awesome. Terminators... with dual chainfists... and some kind of gatling storm bolter? Holy freaking cow. I want a squad right the hell now.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah-hem.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:569206

The market, as always, will respond to GW's shenanigans.

Hot damn. That's fast. Well done! I'll take twenty.

Defenestratus
11-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Another BA rumor from Faeit212 - this time about our new psychic powers... seems nice enough but its not exactly an equal of any divination power.

Here is some information on the primaris power for you. Its called Quickening. Its a blessing that effects either the psyker or another character within 12". The target gains fleet, d3 initiative and attacks. Roll once and apply both the result to both initiative and attacks.
Warp Charge 1

ElectricPaladin
11-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Another BA rumor from Faeit212 - this time about our new psychic powers... seems nice enough but its not exactly an equal of any divination power.

Yeah... that's a disappointing power. Hopefully the rest are better. Or, you know, it's just a rumor...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-30-2014, 05:16 AM
F*ck these Blood Angels, I want to see Smaug!

daboarder
11-30-2014, 06:03 AM
F*ck these Blood Angels, I want to see Smaug!

perhaps looking in the Hobbit thread would help?

because its pretty weird to ***** about the lack of information in a thread about an entirely different franchise...

Houghten
11-30-2014, 07:00 AM
...what Hobbit thread?

ElectricPaladin
11-30-2014, 11:41 AM

because its pretty weird to ***** about the lack of information in a thread about an entirely different franchise...

Chill out, man. I think he means that no one has spoiled any Smaug pictures, the way the Intertubes have been fairly flooded (in our dorky corner of it, anyway) with pictures of the new Blood Angels.

Bigred
11-30-2014, 12:46 PM
I also assume that GW has locked down rumors fairly hard on all things Hobbit. No licensee wants to get in trouble with Hollywood studios...

Defenestratus
11-30-2014, 02:35 PM
gulp

two changes on wargear that might interest you.........
blood talons are Sx2 AP2 with melee, shred, and specialist weapon
magna grapples give you move through cover, and you can re-roll failed charges when assaulting a vehicle.

daboarder
11-30-2014, 03:11 PM
gulp

Yeah, saw that, seems silly to just go back to the "power fist +1" design for blood talons.

I mean I could understant them being toned down but why for the love of god would you not have used the pre-existing rule that the haruspex and Old One Eye have.....

Houghten
11-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Those stats for blood talons seem supiciously similar to great wolf claws...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-30-2014, 05:35 PM

Way to blow your load Princess. ;)

In other news, those Blood Angels look cool, hope we see a continue in the 32mm base spree that seems to be occurin'.

DarkLink
11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
We all know you've got a hard-on for daboarder, TDA, but try and keep it in your pants.

Luckily I haven't done fancy basing for most of my power armored GKs. When I do get around to it, the 32 vs 25mm thing should work itself out.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Sorry boss.

I like that they've made them, because now Jump troops won't be so fall-y over-y

daboarder
11-30-2014, 08:17 PM
We all know you've got a hard-on for daboarder, TDA, but try and keep it in your pants.

HAHAHA!

Luckily I haven't done fancy basing for most of my power armored GKs. When I do get around to it, the 32 vs 25mm thing should work itself out.

Yeah I've got all my plague marines of SWM corpse field 25's, hoping the 3rd party basers clue on and take that "expansion ring" idea and run hell for leather with it.

Defenestratus
11-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Yeah, saw that, seems silly to just go back to the "power fist +1" design for blood talons.

I mean I could understant them being toned down but why for the love of god would you not have used the pre-existing rule that the haruspex and Old One Eye have.....

Who the hell needs shred on something that ends up being Str 10?

I mean sure, that 1 you roll every once in a while, but if its a even a 5 point upgrade over normal dual DCCW's then who the heck is paying for *that*?

daboarder
11-30-2014, 09:23 PM
maybe they'll go back to giving the dual fists armour bane and it'll be a either/or choice for no points?

Bigred
12-01-2014, 12:43 PM
via Descanso Del Escriba (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/12/nuevo-sacerdote-sanguinario-de-plastico.html) 12-1-2014

Sanguinary Priest & BA Tactical Squad

Defenestratus
12-01-2014, 01:07 PM
So, that model doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzy feeling. Pose is just too.. static I think.

Wolfshade
12-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Ohh priest looks good. About time I could have a priest that wasn't corbulo

ElectricPaladin
12-01-2014, 01:36 PM
So, that model doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzy feeling. Pose is just too.. static I think.

I think it's the right kind of static. Bold. Defiant. The rock around which the rest of the squad swirls - exactly what a sanguinary priest should look like. Not every model can be running or swinging a blade - some dudes need to be standing still and shouting commands or aiming a gun.

energongoodie
12-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Priest = goofy :(

Defenestratus
12-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I think it's the right kind of static. Bold. Defiant. The rock around which the rest of the squad swirls - exactly what a sanguinary priest should look like. Not every model can be running or swinging a blade - some dudes need to be standing still and shouting commands or aiming a gun.

Maybe, but he just looks like a statue of Julius Caesar.

Theres ways to sculpt a model that has the qualities you describe without looking so.... boring like this model does.

Wolfshade
12-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Priest = goofy :(

As you don't like it you can pass yours to me :D

daboarder
12-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Ahahahahahaha

Thats the style of my 3 priests already....ahahahahahaha with the half robes hahahaha and ornats chests ahahaba

40kGamer
12-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Priest is a bit static... He'll need to go under the knife for some plastic surgery. :P

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-01-2014, 03:36 PM
love the Sanguinery Priest, except for the head - I'd personally replace it with one of those sanguinery guard death mask heads, I love those.
Wouldn't buy the tactical squad as it's the assault squads that make BA appealing to me, beyond the sculpted muscle armour stuff. (successor)

spagunk
12-01-2014, 04:38 PM
That is a wicked chainsword he's got. Would make an excellent proxy character.

Edit: Like seriously, I think they may have put out a Sang Priest/Corbs combo kit which may be the reason why it's 30 bucks.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Wow, he looks like a Priest, that's ace.

Houghten
12-02-2014, 01:56 AM
Edit: Like seriously, I think they may have put out a Sang Priest/Corbs combo kit which may be the reason why it's 30 bucks.

...or it could be the same price as all the other Space Marine blisters.

spagunk
12-02-2014, 04:11 AM
...or it could be the same price as all the other Space Marine blisters.

I meant in all but name but whatever, go ahead and be snarky.

They could have left the character as the 15 dollar sanguinary priest they had before but they created a new kit with super extra fancy bits. It wasn't necessary but it does give people the option to proxy them as special characters. Hell, there are enough bits in there to make your own Mephiston clone if you want.

energongoodie
12-02-2014, 05:06 AM
As you don't like it you can pass yours to me :D

;)

White Tiger88
12-02-2014, 05:20 AM
Wait is smog $400 bucks..........?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-02-2014, 06:16 AM
He is £295, so probably

eldargal
12-02-2014, 06:30 AM
love the Sanguinery Priest, except for the head - I'd personally replace it with one of those sanguinery guard death mask heads, I love those.

This.

Cap'nSmurfs
12-02-2014, 07:00 AM
That, but also: I often find that the way GW's painters paint heads isn't always the best they can look (the lipless Dark Elf Sorceress, for example, and the finecast Master of the Chapter with the eyes facing opposite directions, say). It might be a bit better in the flesh, or with your own painting.

White Tiger88
12-02-2014, 08:23 AM
He is £295, so probably

The forge world fire dragon was cheaper........dear god........I wanted smaug for a malekith conversion but damn!

Defenestratus
12-05-2014, 04:39 PM
People are saying these are new BA terminators. They just look like the space hulk termies to me.

https://www.facebook.com/GolemPaintingStudio/photos/a.645075838845027.1073741876.152294311456518/879634488722493/?type=1&theater

spagunk
12-05-2014, 04:55 PM
People are saying these are new BA terminators. They just look like the space hulk termies to me.

https://www.facebook.com/GolemPaintingStudio/photos/a.645075838845027.1073741876.152294311456518/879634488722493/?type=1&theater

No way jose, I have my space hulk termies in front of me and they don't look anything like those do.

Edit: However a lot of the iconography and bling do LOOK like they are from the space hulk kit including rehashed poses.

Warpath
12-05-2014, 05:52 PM
Can someone with the BA Codex in hand can tell me if Mephiston got a new mini or not??? Pretty please? He really needs one and I DO TOO!!!

pathstrider
12-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Can someone with the BA Codex in hand can tell me if Mephiston got a new mini or not??? Pretty please? He really needs one and I DO TOO!!!

There's a preview pic with the old Mephiston model, so looks like no. Same for Dante and Corbulo

ElectricPaladin
12-05-2014, 06:19 PM

Codex is up for preorders. I doubt anyone will have a copy in hand for a long while now.

Warpath
12-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Ohhh, well this is embarazing, i should have payed more attention... guess anxiety is too much!!

Anyways, thanks for pointing it out.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
12-05-2014, 06:33 PM
In one of the groupshots in the electronic codex preview, the old miniatures for Mephiston, Dante and Corbulo are visible. :(

Edit: Here
http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9011/gallery_74115_9011_294408.jpg

Mephi's on right, in front of Land Raider Crusader. Dante's with the Sanguinary Guard, and Corb's to the left of the grounded storm raven.

Defenestratus
12-05-2014, 08:38 PM
No way jose, I have my space hulk termies in front of me and they don't look anything like those do.

Edit: However a lot of the iconography and bling do LOOK like they are from the space hulk kit including rehashed poses.

This is why they need to hire me as a design consultant. After my 5 eye surgeries, if I say that they're the same model then they need to go back to the drawing board. I've got more sets of the space hulk terminators than I know what to do with. Why release a bunch of terminators that, for all intents and purposes, look JUST like them except the bling on them is a bit different.

Lazy CAD work if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

In one of the groupshots in the electronic codex preview, the old miniatures for Mephiston, Dante and Corbulo are visible. :(

Edit: Here
<snipping that loathable website's hosted image>

Mephi's on right, in front of Land Raider Crusader. Dante's with the Sanguinary Guard, and Corb's to the left of the grounded storm raven.

In other words, Mephiston, Dante or Corbs aren't getting new models it seems.

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I've found the releases with codex books to be rather boring and conservative really, but if the recent tyranid release is anything to go by, then maybe these armies will get new/exciting stuff later on down the road.

spagunk
12-06-2014, 09:23 AM
From http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/12/40k-breaking-new-blood-angels.html

Are those Jump packs on the assault squad in the front from the Vanguard Vet kit? I've personally not seen those before.

EDIT: Nvm, they are. I'm dumb.

Bigred
12-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Blood Angels Codex Rules

First the big stuff!
Predator Baal is Heavy Support
Librarian Dreadnought is HQ
Mephiston is HQ and IC
All units have now Furious Charge
Only troop choices are Tactical squads and scouts.
No new units. No Centurions and no talons.

Unit Tweaks
- Dante's Axe is +2S, AP2, mastercraft and NOT unwieldy, and he's Eternal Warrior
- Special rules for Death Company: FC, Fearless, Relentless, FnP, Rage. They cannot reroll to wound if chaplain in the unit. Only Astorath gives them this ability.
- No terminator armour for DC. But there are good news, Jump packs are now only +3 points. On the other hand their WS has been downgraded to 4.
- No squadrons for Dreads. "Standard" dreads are now Elite, Furiosos and DC dreads too. Librarian dreads are HQ.
- Tacticals As usual + new options. They can get anti-air missiles BTW.
- No more Land Raider as dedicated transports for everybody, just for termies.
- Vanguard Veterans cannot charge after Deep Strike
- Sanguinor pretty the same but: gets only 4++, re-rolls to hit and wound in challenges
- Sanguinary Priests costs about the same as a Wyvern, are HQ, and units they joins get +1WS and FnP. The are IC btw.

Warlord Traits
1. Warlord gets Rampage
2. Warlord gets +1 I
3. One Warlord's weapon gets mastercrafted
4. Warlord gets Adamantium Will
5. Warlord gets Descent of the Angels (Dante's trait)
6. Warlord gets 12" fearless bubble

Psychic Powers
Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to A and I to psyker or target character at 12"
1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2
2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1A instead
3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++
4. Focussed witch fire. Target makes 2 T tests. Take one W for each failed test. If targed dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5.
5. Beam.12" S8, AP1 Lance 6"Blessing. Targe infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement.

Fast Vehicles
- Rhinos
- Razorbacks
- Baal Predators

Detachment
Mandatory: 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops
Optional: As usual, but 3 additioanl Elite (Total 4)
Special rule: +1I when charging, all the army, any turn. I see in the pictures of the codex there is nothing coming after the termie kit. Librarian is separate from the kit.

daboarder
12-08-2014, 03:34 PM
OH **** NO!

**** GW who let some idiot use the 3rd ed micro-codex as a guide. EVERY other edition, EVERY SINGLE DAMNED OTHER EDITION we have had god damned jump packs in troops, HOW ****ING HARD WAS IT TO LEAVE THAT ALONE

I suppose I should be grateful they didnt COMPLETELY murder sanguinary priests.

Stupid detachment should have been 2 FA instead of troops. Guess I'm going to have to run my army unbound

nice to see they have also managed to destroy the last vestiges of the Chaplain+DC concept. Well done GW good job, Dickheads!

edit: Now if scouts have access to land speeder storms then MAYBE this isn't a complete waste of effort....:mad:

Gir
12-08-2014, 03:48 PM

Then why are they troops in Deathstorm?

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Here's my post from B&C, where I read the news first:

Pros

No centurions. I don't like those guys. I don't want them in my codex. I don't want to be tempted to buy them so I can win games and then spend hours working on how to fix the issues that make the models look awful.
New Dante. I can see myself using him now.
Librarian dreadnought HQs. This sounds amazeballs.
New Mephiston sounds great.
Heavy flamers and AA missiles on tac squads are awesome.
Psychic powers look like fun.
New detachment sounds awesome. The return of I 4 on the charge - when combined with +1 S (and +1 WS and FNP with a priest) - will help us to win fights we've been losing since the end of 5th.
Sanguinary priests as HQs is cool. It's nice to see them take center stage.
It looks like we didn't lose chaplains as Elites, which is really good, especially since priests are moving to HQ. It's not a fair trade, but imagine what would have happened if both chaplains and priests moved exclusively to HQ?

Cons

No storm talons (or anything similar). I miss air superiority!
Death company as Elites. That stings. Our Elites slot has always been crowded - and now it's more so.
Loss of dedicated transport land raiders for assault squads. The 35 point price break was really nice...
The loss of fast non-Baal predators stings a little. Oh, well. Luckily I don't own any.
EDIT: I forgot to mention - the loss of fast vindicators REALLY hurts. Ouch.
So does the loss of death company re-roll to wound with a chaplain.
Sanguinary priests out of Elites screws up my collection. Also, it will make it harder to spam FNP (though at least we don't need them for Furious Charge anymore, which is nice).
If sanguinary priests are HQs, I'll need to strip the priest I've painted up so I can give him a nicer paint job more befitting a personage of his status. Maybe white?

Mehs

Assault marines out of Troops is a shame, but I don't really care. I haven't run a full jump army in more than a year, anyway.
We already knew that our vanguard veterans were going to get nerfed into compliance with C:SM. It's a shame, because old Heroic Intervention was cool, but it's not a surprise.
New Warlord Traits look great. I'll miss Descent of Angels being an army-wide rule, though.

Overall, I'd sum it up thusly: Blood Angels are no longer the jump pack marines. I guess that's just Raven Guard now. Blood Angels are now the assaulty marines, and from the changes I see, they can do a pretty good job of it now. Better than they did in 5th. Of course, that does mean that they will still favor assault marines as one of several available options for assault, because more attacks and Hammer of Wrath are still good tools.

Also, I'm sure someone will bring this over here soon, but additional rumors say that some of the rhino chassis vehicles that lost Fast will be able to buy it back for 10 points, and also that reclusiarchs are gone (but chaplains remain in Elites).

- - - Updated - - -

Also from B&C (where it was reposted from Warseer), the Chapter Relics:

Relics:
- One jump pack that allows the bearer and his unit re-roll when DS and when other units Intercept -> Snapshots. (PF)
- Gives Fear, and fear tests are done with -2 L (meltag)
- One item that gives an additional warlord trait strategic table. (PW)
- One physic weapon +2S, AP4, bearar may re-roll 1 in the psychic phase. If rellod die is a 1, bearer takes one wound. No saves allowed. (Meltag)
- One Master-crafted plasma pistol, that does not get hot. (PF)
- One AP2 power sword. (PF)

daboarder
12-08-2014, 03:57 PM
yeah EP you mostly seem spot on, but I am really sore about that assault troop screw up. Really hop I can get that new detachment without screwing over my theme.

edit: that strat relic is tasty, a BA roll and a strat roll would be AWESOME

Defenestratus
12-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Welp. Glad to see they did exactly what I thought they were going to do. That list right there is a let down if I must be honest. The descent of angels special rule now forces me to either get lucky with my warlord trait or take a probably ridiculously prices special character?

Baal's moving to HS *grumble grumble*... taking fast away from Vindis was expected, but I didn't expect them to do that with the regular predators.

DC have gotten the nerf bat with the WS nerf but once again, we have to indulge in Herohammer to get something that a generic character was able to give us in the last book. Why does GW want us fielding all of these f'ing special characters?

I guess I'll be having a firesale on DC dreads. I have like 5 or 6 of them - can't use em all now.

Edit: Oh I totally missed the whole "Assault marines are no longer troops" bit. Thats the straw. Time to take inventory of the models. "BA are no longer the jump pack army" - pretty crappy to do to players like me who don't actually OWN any tactical marines.

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 04:03 PM
I am a sad panda.

I dislike the Force Org changes.

Specifically, Assault Troops not being Troops, and Baal Preds as FA

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Welp. Glad to see they did exactly what I thought they were going to do. That list right there is a let down if I must be honest. The descent of angels special rule now forces me to either get lucky with my warlord trait or take a probably ridiculously prices special character?

Baal's moving to HS *grumble grumble*... taking fast away from Vindis was expected, but I didn't expect them to do that with the regular predators.

DC have gotten the nerf bat with the WS nerf but once again, we have to indulge in Herohammer to get something that a generic character was able to give us in the last book. Why does GW want us fielding all of these f'ing special characters?

I guess I'll be having a firesale on DC dreads. I have like 5 or 6 of them - can't use em all now.

I could use one. I've got a librarian, a claw furioso, and a venerable chassis that I'm going to magnetize so he can be either a hellfire, a generic dread or a fragioso. If you're serious about a fire sale, PM me!

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 04:09 PM

Edit: Oh I totally missed the whole "Assault marines are no longer troops" bit. Thats the straw. Time to take inventory of the models. "BA are no longer the jump pack army" - pretty crappy to do to players like me who don't actually OWN any tactical marines.

Unbound?

Defenestratus
12-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Unbound?

My first instinct was to reply "Whats Unbound?"....

Can't play Unbound without being accused of being a power gaming jerkface. If I'm going to toss the FOC, I'm not going to do it just to run the same legal list I had in the last edition. Thats pretty crappy wouldn't you agree?

daboarder
12-08-2014, 04:18 PM

Can't play Unbound without being accused of being a power gaming jerkface. If I'm going to toss the FOC, I'm not going to do it just to run the same legal list I had in the last edition. Thats pretty crappy wouldn't you agree?

Then pray we get access to the land speeder storm, stick two minimum squads of sniper scouts in them and breath deeply?

Defenestratus
12-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Then pray we get access to the land speeder storm, stick two minimum squads of sniper scouts in them and breath deeply?

Awesome... I can field 30 assault marines... what do the other 20 do? Sit on the drop ship and eat popcorn saying "You know what was awesome? When we could all fight at the same time and be super awesome at deep striking even when Dante wasn't around to remind us how to do it"

SOrry, I was looking for a reason to get rid of my BA, and so far all I'm seeing are reasons to ditch them. Army-wide FC Is hardly a bone worth tossing to us in its current incarnation.

daboarder
12-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Awesome... I can field 30 assault marines... what do the other 20 do? Sit on the drop ship and eat popcorn saying "You know what was awesome? When we could all fight at the same time and be super awesome at deep striking even when Dante wasn't around to remind us how to do it"

SOrry, I was looking for a reason to get rid of my BA, and so far all I'm seeing are reasons to ditch them. Army-wide FC Is hardly a bone worth tossing to us in its current incarnation.

yeah thats a fair point mate, I'm sorry that you've decided to ditch the BA though

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 04:29 PM

:(

I know what oyu mean I have a couple o'3 dc dreads that will be infrequently used now.

Though, as my gaming group is quite small and we are all mates before we disocvered we all played 40k so there isn't too much name calling.

Defenestratus
12-08-2014, 04:37 PM
:(

I know what oyu mean I have a couple o'3 dc dreads that will be infrequently used now.

Though, as my gaming group is quite small and we are all mates before we disocvered we all played 40k so there isn't too much name calling.

I'm being a bit dramatic about that - but giving up battleforged to just use the same army composition as you had before is just a kick in the manparts.

The three lists I liked to run were the following:

1) Descent of angels with sang priests and 50 assault marines. Can't really do that now can I? Not even with the formation. What are the other FA choices now? Assault marines and land speeders and... what?

2) Dreadfest with DC. 2 squad of 10 DC with 4 DC dreads, 2 furiosos, 1 libby dread, and 3 HS dreads. Not a scoring unit on the table but it was incredibly fun to play.

3) Predators in formation. Three normal predators, three baal predators plus some assault marines.

None of these were powergaming jerk lists that people complained about playing. I enjoyed playing all of them and now for every single one of them I'll have to go and give up objective secured in order to make them. For #2 thats not a big deal because I'll be right back to where I was before 7th but for the other two, especailly the DoA list, I'm more than just a little upset.

I got into BA because I HAAAAATED the tactical marine model and found the Assault marine model to be a lot more visually pleasing... (this was back in like 5th edition) and now that I'm basically going have to buy a couple boxes of bland, milquetoast marines I'd rather just get cash for my stuff and go blow it on sailboats.

Wolfshade
12-08-2014, 04:42 PM
I know what you mean, I play BA because of the assault and getting them as troops was brilliant. Looks like though it will be back to minimum troops again.

Anggul
12-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Minimum troops is no longer a problem though, as you don't absolutely need them to score like in 6th.

Also, I don't really mind the FoC change much. It was never their fluff that they almost all used jump packs anyway. They like using them and their Assault Squads are more readily replenished than their other squads, but the Blood Angels are brilliant strategists, they aren't daft enough to have everyone in the army with a jump pack.

daboarder
12-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Minimum troops is no longer a problem though, as you don't absolutely need them to score like in 6th.

Except for the bigger problem in that it can completely break the theme of a list by forcing footsloggers into a flying circus

dantecid109
12-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Do not think this is true as Gir said in Deathstorm Raphen's death company and Cassor the Damned are both troop so do not see GW changing them after one week

Asymmetrical Xeno
12-08-2014, 05:45 PM
I don't own nor do I want any tactical squads in my BA successor.

I bought them because I love assault marines and the sculpted muscle look. I own about 60 assault marines and 20 Sang guard.

Well, I'm not going to sell them off or anything, but they wont be expanded or anything either - just reminds me why I don't play the game side, there always seems to be changes like this and it would just frustrate and annoy me so I think I was right to just keep it as a hobby that revolves around the painting and modeling side.

John Bower
12-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Then why are they troops in Deathstorm?

They are unique detachment and you 'must' take them as it shows; no options otherwise they are not that squad and not troops. Same as the nid stuff, if you don't build it that way you lose the special rules that go with them.

- - - Updated - - -

This attitude I just cannot understand; there are many (very many) Power lists without going unbound. So why does everyone hate on a great tool for playing awesome fluff games ?

daboarder
12-08-2014, 06:02 PM
They aren't a unique detatchment when taken by themselves. Each of the units is more like a special character unit. You can take them in a CAD but they have to be exactly as is

Gotharion
12-08-2014, 06:33 PM
This is pure BULL****.....
My entire BA army is on jump packs...
now, not only have I lost the option to take a battleforged army...and to secure objectives properly... I also lost another big part of my hitting power, since I was rolling with Dante and a librarian as HQ... + 3 Sanguinary priests (since I could take them as a single slot in the previous dex)...
Not to mention that my vanguard vets on jp are next to worthless now....
Thank you GW for destroying the entire concept behind an army that I have been collecting since the 3rd edition...
*CENSORED* You, you lousy bunch of *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED*. I hope you all *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED*.

woodenronin
12-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Daboarder I agree with you. They really hit them hard with the nerf bat. I have been playing BA since 1998 and it is my first army. This is the worst codex revamp yet for them. I am lost for words on what to say about all of this.

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad I traded some MTG stuff from my FLGS for this and did not pay cash.

Blood Shadow
12-08-2014, 07:06 PM
If the changes to Dante's new Axe, army wide FC guaranteed with an I+1... That makes me happy

DC being Elites...so can they score now?

I'm not concerned about the jump troops, there is bound to be a formation to cover this at some point, no doubt without ObjS but who cares...jump troops are not about that...

The priests are interesting, but unlikely to overload on them.

No news on 10 man Sang guard....

Curious as to why people are complaining about the Fast Tanks going....if you'd read the 6th Ed FAQ. They went a long time ago.... Buying upgrades to rhinos sounds awesome....especially if they're FAST...I can stick Storm Troopers in those :)

DC are still Boss and can now buy Jump packs cheaper...that's amazing...Bolters and Jumppacks are not to be underestimated....especially if big squads are still in...

Really looking forward to it...

Gir
12-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Curious as to why people are complaining about the Fast Tanks going....if you'd read the 6th Ed FAQ. They went a long time ago.... .

FAQ says all rhino chassis are fast.

Anthrax ion pusscabe
12-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Well looks like I'll be making that militarum tempestus detachment into a full blown army now

Defenestratus
12-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Well looks like I'll be making that militarum tempestus detachment into a full blown army now

I'm looking pretty damn hard at the rest of my GK force saying "yeah, more of you guys are going to get put together"

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 08:26 PM
If anyone would like to ship me your Blood Angels, I promise to give them a good home. You can go off and start some inferior army - I'll take your former models and go off to kick *** and take names.

My address is:

Mark Stone
528 Merritt Avenue, #107
Oakland, CA 94610

The Sovereign
12-08-2014, 08:27 PM
I don't play Blood Angels, but I was prepared to if Mephiston got a new model. Guess my wallet can breathe easy.

Defenestratus
12-08-2014, 08:32 PM
If anyone would like to ship me your Blood Angels, I promise to give them a good home. You can go off and start some inferior army - I'll take your former models and go off to kick *** and take names.

My address is:

Mark Stone
528 Merritt Avenue, #107
Oakland, CA 94610

Whats one man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose.

woodenronin
12-08-2014, 08:44 PM
The models are fooking awesome, but it just feels watered down.

Anthrax ion pusscabe
12-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Oh I'm keeping my blood Angels im just going to make them the allies to militarum tempestus instead of the other way around

- - - Updated - - -

Or dare I say stick to playing fantasy whenever possible with undead legion

daboarder
12-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Word is the Tac squads can get Dual heavy flamers. the implication therefore being that the HF can be taken as a special weapon? that would be frigging awesome!

though I'd rather just see tac squads straight given jump packs.....

MajorWesJanson
12-08-2014, 10:33 PM
The models are fooking awesome, but it just feels watered down.

AS long as they keep the watered down adaptations going when they hit the Necrons and Eldar books, things will be fine. CSM are already pretty generic as is, and Daemons could really use a bit of watering as well, mainly to remove the 5 pages of bookkeeping you need at the start of each game.

ElectricPaladin
12-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Remember, folks, simple ≠ bad. Simple = easier to balance, easier to avoid the dreaded NGE.

katurian
12-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Blood Angels Codex Rules

Thanks OP, quick question. Is there any truth to the Sanguinary Guard getting a price cut (I think I heard 135pts somewhere?) and are they still a troop choice with Dante?

Thanks mate!

Jimmynurgle
12-09-2014, 12:33 AM
OH **** NO!

**** GW who let some idiot use the 3rd ed micro-codex as a guide. EVERY other edition, EVERY SINGLE DAMNED OTHER EDITION we have had god damned jump packs in troops, HOW ****ING HARD WAS IT TO LEAVE THAT ALONE

I suppose I should be grateful they didnt COMPLETELY murder sanguinary priests.

Stupid detachment should have been 2 FA instead of troops. Guess I'm going to have to run my army unbound

nice to see they have also managed to destroy the last vestiges of the Chaplain+DC concept. Well done GW good job, Dickheads!

edit: Now if scouts have access to land speeder storms then MAYBE this isn't a complete waste of effort....:mad:

Ah but you forgot the GW Modus Operandi..... Charge you $50 for a book that is garbage and underpowered... THEN charge you $10-$20 per dataslate to give you back what you "lost".... as long as sheep put up with it, you will see this continue....

daboarder
12-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Thanks OP, quick question. Is there any truth to the Sanguinary Guard getting a price cut (I think I heard 135pts somewhere?) and are they still a troop choice with Dante?

Thanks mate!

Yes they are 35 a piece each, no they are not likely going to troops with dante

timff8
12-09-2014, 02:36 AM
This is atrocious. I have yet to hear any legitimate "Pros" of the new book beyond buffs to the HQ slot; all I see are "Cons."

I am furious (appropriate for Blood Angels) that they simplified the book. They had the trend of simplification back in 4th and it pissed me off then, and it pisses me off now. I don't want my books simpler; you take away options now, it makes the book weak when GW writes the new round of books with mountains of options. Its very short-sighted.

Perhaps even more than that I'm just irritated that I'm essentially going to be playing red ultramarines. FC on all units is a waste when my core is tacticals and scouts; hooray assaulting with bolters!

The current plan for lists is as follows: HQs to taste, Sang. guard for elites, Fast razor squads for troops, Assault squads for Fast. You get to keep the fast theme and you're taking advantage of better pricing on your razors, Sang. guard and mini-tactical squads. I'd add other units but this is just preliminary, and honestly we don't get Centurions or Talons so the fun toys I'd like aren't here.

Wolfshade
12-09-2014, 03:19 AM
Don't forget though, BAs are codex compliant. The battle companies look like any other, 6 Tactical 2 Assault 2 Devastator.

Event the Veteran Assualt Squads of the 1st company became Vanguard Veterans so compliant. The big differences are priests for apothecaries, sanguinary guard and dc. If not for those they would be red ultramarines.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I miss read that drop or did mephiston become an IC.

If so he can have a retinue (aka Ablative Sheild)

daboarder
12-09-2014, 03:20 AM
Don't forget though, BAs are codex compliant. The battle companies look like any other, 6 Tactical 2 Assault 2 Devastator.

Event the Veteran Assualt Squads of the 1st company became Vanguard Veterans so compliant. The big differences are priests for apothecaries, sanguinary guard and dc. If not for those they would be red ultramarines.

And yet they have had assault squads as troops in every single book except the micro-codex. because while being MOSTLY codex compliant, they are sufficiently divergent such that they have a predilection for fielding larger numbers of assault troops.

at the end of the day you can argue the background back and forth, but its pretty obvious that the actual financial impact this is having on people is unacceptable

edit: yes Meph is a IC, but he can't use fleet inside another unit (because no other units have it) and he's now a lot less scary.

Wolfshade
12-09-2014, 03:32 AM
I thought in 3rd they were still troops, either way it is ancient history and they have had assault units as troops for a long time.

What financial impact? Even if you had 6 squads of 10, you can still use them. Moving into a slot doesn't make the model invalid. It doesn't stop you playing unbound or just fielding 3 of them.

For me the big one is baal preds become heavy. Ok, now they aren't in the fast slot so my assault squads can sit in there, but now I have to choose between baals and vindis and the choice is obvious, vinidis all the way and so the newest pred variant gets put away :(

spagunk
12-09-2014, 03:53 AM
From my quick summation, it would appear we have nearly 10 units in the Elite section. That's way too many units in one area. If only this was someone yanking our chain because it almost feels like we're going back to 3rd edition with this book.

timff8
12-09-2014, 04:43 AM
@Wolfshade
The "they're codex-compliant" argument is pointless. Yes, they follow the Codex Astartes. The army book, however, needs to be different enough to justify its existence. If it's just red Ultramarines (and this new book seems to be) then there's no point in the book; just play Ultramarines. The book's layout should allow you to play an army with a different feel and tactics to bluebook marines. The upcoming books is pretty much bluebook minus the cool stuff, and because of the slots, it plays pretty much the same. The Blood Angels' unique units are in slots that make them pretty redundant now; Baals are now just Preds. Sang. Guard are just more elite Vanguard. Sang. Priests are essentially just Libbies that have automatic defensive powers, and so on. The saving grace is that you have Fast on several things, and some interesting characters. Boo.

The financial impact is tht I have to buy Troop units. I previous fielded Assault Marines for my Troops needs (either in Rhinos or with Jump Packs).

For me Mephi without wings isn't scary.

Personally I never used Fast Vindis because when you break it down, they paid 30 points for Fast, and that's absurd. Hell no will I pay 30 points for that.

Path Walker
12-09-2014, 05:02 AM
BAs haven't been simplified, they're Elite heavy now, the detachment favours Elites and charging elites with +1S and +1I is pretty damn cool, it fits the fluff of Blood Angels better than before, as stanadard, they're a Codex Chapter and have always been, they have the same number of Assult Squads as any other Codex Chapter, they have unique elites and the Death Company.

We'll see a supplement with Assualt Squad troops and such, you all know this, so get that if thats what you want to do, the new Codexes encourage the army to play to the fluff, with supplements to represent exceptions.

timff8
12-09-2014, 05:58 AM
@Path Walker
The detachment is garbage; Objective Secured is too good to give up and 1 additional Elite does not a specialist army make; 1 extra Elite is still weighed-down by mandatory Troops that are just Tacticals and/or Scouts.

"They're a Codex Chapter" - Please excuse my redundancy, but go read my comment again. YOU MUST JUSTIFY THE BOOK. IF IT'S JUST RED ULTRAMARINES, JUST PLAY ULTRAMARINES. YOUR FLUFFY JUSTIFICATION STANDS IN THE WAY OF A FUN, DIVERSE GAME. I AM YELLING BECAUSE YOUR IDEA OF FUN SHOULD NOT STAND IN THE WAY OF MY IDEA OF FUN; GO PLAY ULTRAMARINES.
The unique Elites and Death Company, as I said, do nothing. They're stuck in Elites which make them redundant; Sang. Guard are just tweaked Vanguard Vets now. Death Company with jump packs are just tweaked Vanguard Vets. When Vanguard were in a different slot to these units, they were not redundant.
Death Company without jump packs are either footslogging (so slow and useless) or in a Land Raider, in which case they're outclassed by thundernators.
Various Dreadnoughts stuck in Elites are still just Various Dreadnoughts; split them into Heavy and we have an actual list.

Path Walker
12-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Wow, when you put your points in such a well thought out way, you've completley swayed me.

Renegade
12-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Anyone been to the GW website? Lemartes is the second troop option! (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=102352+4294967193+4294966911&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=phl&view=table) I think that GW fluffed this one up.

Docrailgun
12-09-2014, 07:00 AM
Let's put it this way:

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S IN THE CODEX AND IT'S STUPID TO THROW A FIT OVER A RUMOR.

There. If you're ready to toss your army over codex rumors, there are plenty of people who will buy it from you. I realize it's fun to complain about GW over and over and over and over and over again but really... relax. If a game makes you so stressed, just don't play for a while. It's supposed to be fun.

@Path Walker
The detachment is garbage; Objective Secured is too good to give up and 1 additional Elite does not a specialist army make; 1 extra Elite is still weighed-down by mandatory Troops that are just Tacticals and/or Scouts.

"They're a Codex Chapter" - Please excuse my redundancy, but go read my comment again. YOU MUST JUSTIFY THE BOOK. IF IT'S JUST RED ULTRAMARINES, JUST PLAY ULTRAMARINES. YOUR FLUFFY JUSTIFICATION STANDS IN THE WAY OF A FUN, DIVERSE GAME. I AM YELLING BECAUSE YOUR IDEA OF FUN SHOULD NOT STAND IN THE WAY OF MY IDEA OF FUN; GO PLAY ULTRAMARINES.
The unique Elites and Death Company, as I said, do nothing. They're stuck in Elites which make them redundant; Sang. Guard are just tweaked Vanguard Vets now. Death Company with jump packs are just tweaked Vanguard Vets. When Vanguard were in a different slot to these units, they were not redundant.
Death Company without jump packs are either footslogging (so slow and useless) or in a Land Raider, in which case they're outclassed by thundernators.
Various Dreadnoughts stuck in Elites are still just Various Dreadnoughts; split them into Heavy and we have an actual list.

Path Walker
12-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Remember when people cried that Nids were rubbish or Militarum would be useless and that Orks couldn't win a game. Or when people said Eldar were useless??

FireHazard
12-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Meh... I've collecting Blood Angels for over 20 years. I've amassed enough red, black and gold to pack out at least four full companies. I've seen the rules change to boost and nerf them over and over again.

As for these new RUMOURED changes? I don't care. Change all their stats to '1' and arm them with teaspoons - I'll still love 'em and keep aiming for that full Chapter.

Win or lose, when I play, I play for fun. I collect for fun. My hobby, OUR hobby, is for fun.

I'll wait for my shiny new book to arrive. If I don't like what they've done, I'll a figure out a way to make it so I can still have fun with it.

Defenestratus
12-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Get ready for some more letdowns.... reclusiarch... he's gone apparently.

Updates to the information Below
via warseer's Iuchiban
Lords of War 2, Dante and Gabriel Seth.
Reclusiarchs gone? Yes

Gabriel is a LoW. Basically the same, but lost his special attack. Now he causes +1 hit, for any 6 to wound.

Furiosos: Same cost, but the claws now cost +10 points. Getting additional attacks rule is gone. Now claws are Sx2, Shred, AP2.

Priests only in hq now, so no lesser version in elites?
Correct.

Corbulo and lemartes, are they hqs now?
Yes and No. Lemartes is and IC that can only join DC units. Uses an Elite slot.

Priests bolster ws in area effect and fnp for their squad?
Both affect only to their squad.

Who can take heavy flamer?
Tactical squads and Sternguard Veterans (Max 2 per unit)

Relics:
- One jump pack that allows the bearer and his unit re-roll when DS and when other units Intercept -> Snapshots. (25)
- Gives Fear, and fear tests are done with -2 L (10)
- One item that gives an additional warlord trait strategic table. (15)
- One physic weapon +2S, AP4, bearar may re-roll 1 in the psychic phase. If rellod die is a 1, bearer takes one wound. No saves allowed. (10)
- One Master-crafted plasma pistol, that does not get hot. (25)
- One AP2 power sword. (25)

Does Mephiston have access to anything that makes him move faster than 6" in movement phase, e.g. Jump pack or Psychic abilitiy like "Wings of Sanguinius".
No

Sanginor, is he an IC?
No

Sanguinor has the cost of a Stormraven.

The rules are basically the same, but he does not improve the stats of a character anymore. This rule is gone.

Can you confirm if Dante still unlocks Sanguinary Guard as troops?
no, he does not unlock SG as tropos. BTW I haven't seen any FoC unlocking in the codex. Not even the command squad, which is Elite now.

Any news on the 2 tycho?
Tyco now does not ingore armour saves. His comb¡ weapon cannot use special ammo anymore.

So can tactical squads take 2 heavy flamers or just sternguard? Aww, no Devastators with flamers.
1 Heavy Flamer for tactical squads, 2 for veterans and no Heavy Flamers in Devastators

How does the terminator banner work?
Banner allows to reroll failed moral and pinning tests. 12" bubble

Is there still a priest in honour guard?
Honor Guard is gone from the codex.

Can sangujnary priests still take bikes/jp/terminator armour?
He can buy a bike, but not a Terminator armour.

Are Sternguard and Vanguard as per codex SM?
Basically yes, but both with FC special rule

Are there any special Terminator units?
No

Can bike squads and bike command squads take grav guns?
Bike units can take grav guns. Bike command squads do not exist.

Corbulo gives to all BA units at 6" +1WS & +1I. Not accumulative with an standard chalice bonus. 120 points, 3 wounds

So far, my first impression of the codex is quite positive. Specially the detachment. This +1 I when charging is sweet!!!!!

Can't say I share the guy's enthusiasm at the end.

40kGamer
12-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Meh... I've collecting Blood Angels for over 20 years. I've amassed enough red, black and gold to pack out at least four full companies. I've seen the rules change to boost and nerf them over and over again.

As for these new RUMOURED changes? I don't care. Change all their stats to '1' and arm them with teaspoons - I'll still love 'em and keep aiming for that full Chapter.

Win or lose, when I play, I play for fun. I collect for fun. My hobby, OUR hobby, is for fun.

I'll wait for my shiny new book to arrive. If I don't like what they've done, I'll a figure out a way to make it so I can still have fun with it.

And the best part is it will all change in a few short years anyhow! :D

miteyheroes
12-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Aw, I was planning to run a Death Company army. Sad that you can't, except through Unbound. If they make a supplement, I'd buy it.

Ditto sad that the all-jump-pack army is gone. It was an interesting unique selling point (even if yes, it was a bit odd for a codex-compliant army).

Bigred
12-09-2014, 11:10 AM
via El Descanso Del Escriba (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/12/ultima-horadesvelada-wdw-46-al.html) 12-9-2014

Blood Angel Latest

Jared van Kell
12-09-2014, 11:49 AM
I think it is funny that people are getting upset over the changes but at the end of the day they are just going to have to get over it. I like the changes myself as the they reflect that the Blood Angels still follow the tenets of the Codex Astartes and that most of their battle brothers are Tactical Marines not Assault Marines.

Personally I feel it gives Blood Angel players the chance to learn how effective Tactical Squads and Scout Squads can be in the new edition. It also removes one of the most horrendous spam lists in the game, a list I found boring to play against and was starting to become a crutch for the less skilled Blood Angel players out there.

The new detachment is quite cool, giving the Blood Angels the old version of Furious Charge. However it forces Blood Angels players to decide between being better in combat or having a better chance of seizing objectives as if they take the former option they will have to ensure they wipe their opponents out before they can claim an objective, especially if their opponents have Objective Secured.

JvK :cool:

Gleipnir
12-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Any rumors yet as to what Codex Supplement for Blood Angels will be? We normally see those a week or two after the actual codex, personally hoping for Flesh Tearers.

Also did any of the rumors detail Blood Angels specific detachments? If they get access to 2 additional Fast attack choices all the angst over Assault Marines losing thier Troops role may be moot outside of having Objective Secured on them.

ElectricPaladin
12-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Current rumors are that the Blood Angels Detachment grants additional Elites and also gives everyone +1 I on the charge. I suspect that it grants Ideal Mission Commander as well.

Gleipnir
12-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks kinda shame to see the Assault as troops go away, thanks EP

Defenestratus
12-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Personally I feel it gives Blood Angel players the chance to learn how effective Tactical Squads and Scout Squads can be in the new edition.

Personally, Tac marines can GTFO. I started playing blood angels because I *loathe* the tactical marine. Its the white bread, milquetoast, bland, boring, homogenous unit of the 40k universe and offers absolutely nothing with regards to interesting me in playing them - from rules, to fluff, to models. Its all terrible.

daboarder
12-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Remember when people cried that Nids were rubbish or Militarum would be useless and that Orks couldn't win a game. Or when people said Eldar were useless??

Nids were rubbish until we got a feth load of additional units and formations from 3 different sources

And howling banshees are far from all "eldar"

Defenestratus
12-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Nids were rubbish until we got a feth load of additional units and formations from 3 different sources

And howling banshees are far from all "eldar"

Indeed. There is PLENTY to complain about in the Eldar book - but since it seems to be the flavor of the day to power gaming douchebags you're not allowed to say that it needs to be buffed in certain areas.

40kGamer
12-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Indeed. There is PLENTY to complain about in the Eldar book - but since it seems to be the flavor of the day to power gaming douchebags you're not allowed to say that it needs to be buffed in certain areas.

Nah, the internal balance of the book is so bad that we can still say it... Banshees and Harlequins suck so bad that even the Laughing God doesn't find it funny... and there are others but these really stick out for me.

daboarder
12-09-2014, 02:04 PM
I hope no one was unfortunate enough to put their sanguinary priests in terminator armour because they are OUT OF HERE!!!

and another one bites from the "CHS syndrome"

And I have No idea how the **** honour guards and their initiate's are supposed to work now that they are "command squads" **** you GW, **** you

Sanguinor has the cost of a Stormraven.

The rules are basically the same, but he does not improve the stats of a character anymore. This rule is gone.

Can you confirm if Dante still unlocks Sanguinary Guard as troops?
no, he does not unlock SG as tropos. BTW I haven't seen any FoC unlocking in the codex. Not even the command squad, which is Elite now.

Any news on the 2 tycho?
Tyco now does not ingore armour saves. His comb¡ weapon cannot use special ammo anymore.

So can tactical squads take 2 heavy flamers or just sternguard? Aww, no Devastators with flamers.
1 Heavy Flamer for tactical squads, 2 for veterans and no Heavy Flamers in Devastators

How does the terminator banner work?
Banner allows to reroll failed moral and pinning tests. 12" bubble

Is there still a priest in honour guard?
Honor Guard is gone from the codex.

Can sangujnary priests still take bikes/jp/terminator armour?
He can buy a bike, but not a Terminator armour.

Are Sternguard and Vanguard as per codex SM?
Basically yes, but both with FC special rule

Are there any special Terminator units?
No

ElectricPaladin
12-09-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm a little bummed about the loss of command squads... but hey, whatever. **** happens.

I'm also trying to decide what to do with the vanguard vets I never got around to painting. I'm tempted to rip them apart and turn them into the start of some death company on foot. I'm not sure why I'd want to bother with vanguard vets now that sanguinary guard are decent. If I want elites with a ++ save, I'll take terminators; if I want jump elites with tons of power weapons, I can take sanguinary guard now. My Fast Attack slot is going to be a lot more crowded now that my assault marines are there, and I like to field bikes (even better now that they have grav) and land speeders.

I wonder how the sanguinary guard will interact with characters. Is it still a no-sergeant squad, or do they have a leader now? Are they all characters?

daboarder
12-09-2014, 02:13 PM
well apparently we have "command squads" whatever those are, in elites. but we no longer have the honour guard (so who flipping knows if the command squad can get jump packs or a priest or not)