PDA

View Full Version : +1 to reserves rolls accumalative?

foostoofoo
01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
One of the new new upgrades for the hive tyrant (hive commander I believe) gives you a +1 to your reserves rolls

Now I know that 2 upgraded hive tyrants give you +2 to your reserves rolls (Compliments of a BoLS battle report)

So my question is; does a single upgraded hive tyrants effect combine with the deathleapers equivalent ability?

So does one hive commander and a death leaper give you +2 to your reserves rolls?

Thanks in advance :)

Drakkan Vael
01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Both abilities are called differently. They are provided by different units and they require a living Tyrant and a living and on the table Lictor.

I don't see any reason why they should not be cumulative.

BuFFo
01-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah, the Tyrant and the Lictors abilities stack.

Herald of Nurgle
01-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Rules provided by different listings do. Rules provided by copies of the same don't.

An Astropath or Autarch pair won't (based on FAQ Imp Guard), but as others have said a Tyrant and Lictor would.

Yah.

pelmen78
01-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Don't forget Swarmlord, too!

Mortifis
01-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Rules provided by different listings do. Rules provided by copies of the same don't.

An Astropath or Autarch pair won't (based on FAQ Imp Guard), but as others have said a Tyrant and Lictor would.

Yah.

Not always true, it depends on the wording.

Astropaths don't stack, because it says "if there is an Astropath", so multiples don't stack.

Autarchs, if you check the Eldar FAQ, do stack, because it says "while the Autarch is alive". Also note that the bonus from the Autarch is voluntary, so can be changed on a turn-by-turn basis.

So multiple Hive Tyrants stack, but Lictors only give +1, regardless of how many Lictors/Death Leapers there are. So between Hive Tyrant/s, Lictors and/or Swarmlords, a Tyranid player can get up to a +3 bonus on reserves (not that any more than +2 will help).

HsojVvad
01-21-2010, 07:36 AM
How come multiple HT stack but lictors don't? Can someone explain to me please?

Tarrandus
01-21-2010, 08:19 AM
"If a Lictor is on the board at the beginning of his movement phase, the Tyranid player may add +1 to his reserve rolls."
"...whilst the Hive Tyrant is alive you add +1 to reserve rolls."

The rules mention the (the specific model) HT, but a ('at least one') Lictor.

Tacoo
01-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Lictors are the same as astropaths with there +1 reserve rule wording, while tryants are like autrachs where that model has to be alive

as for the lictor/death leaper, im not sure bout that, dont have the nid dex on me so i cant tell, but wouldnt they stack if the rule states "as long as a lictor is alive" since the death leaper is only a lictor when applying RAI, but RAW the death leaper is the death leaper, not a lictor, of course they dont stack if it says as long as a lictor or deathleaper is alive(or lictor/deathleaper) i might be wrong as i dont have the dex with me atm.

Lord Azaghul
01-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm calling absolute BS on the entire stacking thing.
If guard can't, nid's better not be able to either!:mad:

Tarrandus
01-21-2010, 09:12 AM

Eldar have been able to do it since 4th, so its not exactly a new rule. Besides, if my opponent is fielding 2 200+ point models that go down to 6 krack missles, I wouldn't be the one complaining. Kill the tyrants and reserves aint a problem. :D

foostoofoo
01-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Eldar have been able to do it since 4th, so its not exactly a new rule. Besides, if my opponent is fielding 2 200+ point models that go down to 6 krack missles, I wouldn't be the one complaining. Kill the tyrants and reserves aint a problem. :D

Good luck takin them down in turn 1 :)

Mortifis
01-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Wow, that's the best reason ever to ignore the special rules printed in a Codex! ;)

Bonus to reserves rolls from different special rules always stack, but don't always work in multiples of the same rule.

Just to recap:

Doesn't stack in multiples
Astropaths: As long as an Astropath is on the table, you add +1.
Lictors: As long as a Lictor is on the table, you add +1.

Does stack in multiples
Autarchs: As long as the Autarch is alive, you may choose to add +1 to reserves this turn.
Hive Tyrants: As long as the Hive Tyrant is alive, you add +1.
Swarmlords: As long as the Swarmlord is alive, you add +1.

Doesn't work at all, RAW
Deathleaper: As long as Deathleaper is on the table, you add +0 if no actual Lictors are on the table (until FAQ'd) :D

Tarrandus
01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Good luck takin them down in turn 1 :)

I'd say the right Gaurd or SM army could do it. Bring enough missile launchers/lascannons, or double melta wolf gaurd in pods. :D

Duke
01-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Guard would have the best chance with Autocannon teams using "bring it down."

Duke

Xas
01-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Guard would have the best chance with Autocannon teams using "bring it down."

Duke

I gues you meant "missle launcher teams"?

cause allowing a 3+ save and only wounding on 3+ instead of 2+ just to double your shots is not really worthwhile.

DarkLink
01-24-2010, 05:19 PM
I gues you meant "missle launcher teams"?

cause allowing a 3+ save and only wounding on 3+ instead of 2+ just to double your shots is not really worthwhile.

Well, autocannons do work pretty well due to their rate of fire and how cheap they are, but I'd still prefer ML and HKMs. If I played guard.

For Tau, a Skyray or two, plus a bunch of markerlights in other units would work pretty well. Really well, in fact. A pair of Skyrays and enough other markerlights could kill 3-4 Carnifexes/Hive Tyrants quickly. Ion Cannons would work well, too.