PDA

View Full Version : Ork Mekmob?

Robin Libbrecht
07-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi all,

i want to get back into 40k so i picked up the rulebook today. I want to play orks because i love their models and overall story.
I saw the ork mek mob preorder today and i was wondering if it was a good starting point to start collecting an orc army.

I'm not a competive player of any sorts, i just play for fun.

Houghten
07-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Eh, it saves you a little money at least.

I suspect the Sanctus Reach boxset is going to be as big a Morksend as Black Reach was, though.

Path Walker
07-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Its a good deal and its all very useable and it starts you off with a good theme for a Mek lead ork army, throw in some Morkanaughts and Kans, maybe a stompa and you're good to go with a lot of Stompy death.

maartendp
07-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Depends on the style you want to play. For me it ain't, but i play a green horde, if you're into meks and big construction It certainly is a Good start

lets_get_em_boyz
07-14-2014, 03:26 AM
What sort of price point are you looking at? A mek box, a ork battleforce, a trukk and a battlewagon would make a pretty sick start to a fully mounted cult of speed list. Add a couple of the boys with trukk combo boxes to fill out the troops and throw in some more heavy supports for a full and round army.