PDA

View Full Version : Vortex rule; Destroyed vehicles/buildings

John Bower
07-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Okay; here's my quandary, I fire a vortex missile/power/grenade etc.

It hits a tank (in the case today it was 3 tanks), and causes them all to go down (D3 hull points all got penetrating hits that wrecked them but didn't explode them) so what happens? Should they be 'removed' completely as they got hit by a vortex? Or are they still just burning wrecks since they didn't get an 'explodes' result on the damage table? My own thought was they should really disappear but then surviving models stay put under the marker. Or on it however you need to do it.

What do you guys and gals think? Removed or burned out?

Lord Krungharr
07-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Hmmm, I suppose if they just suffered Hull Point losses then they technically shouldn't be removed, though it does seem silly that a Vortex wouldn't suck them out of existence.

Perhaps we can think of it such that the hulls just got distorted and turned inside out in interesting ways rather than exploding or disappearing?

John Bower
07-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Hmmm, I suppose if they just suffered Hull Point losses then they technically shouldn't be removed, though it does seem silly that a Vortex wouldn't suck them out of existence.

Perhaps we can think of it such that the hulls just got distorted and turned inside out in interesting ways rather than exploding or disappearing?

I like your thinking :) I liked the old Vortex rules from the old Apocalypse; if it was under it; it was gone, it didn't matter if you had Eternal Warrior; Daemonhood or Reanimation protocols (We'll be back in those days) it was removed per se. Sucked into the warp never to be seen or heard from again; of course Draigo didn't exist back then either... lol