PDA

View Full Version : Blasts/Templates and Multi-Level Ruins

Garradh
07-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi Team!

Can't find this in the 7th Ed rulebook - in the previous edition, a blast or a template that targeted ruins with multiple levels had to choose which level it was shooting at - ie if shooting at a Basilica Administratum with a Plasma Cannon, I had to choose whether I was hitting the first, second or third floors. I don't see that anywhere in 7th Edition. Can anyone provide a reference to a similar rule, or is it back to older editions where any models under the blast/template are hit like a "column" of damage?

Thanks!

Allen Broussard
07-03-2014, 10:03 AM
There is nothing in 7th edition that states you have to pick a level or that barrage only hits the top floor of a ruin any longer. Take that as you will.

However, in the blast section of the BRB it does mention that after you scatter you look down from above and "see" which models are under the template to determine hits.

This is easily interpreted that you only hit models visible under the template and would keep you from hitting all models under the template that were obscured by floors or roofs.

mathhammer
07-03-2014, 11:38 AM
It's a giant column of damage and gets everything.

PaD
07-03-2014, 12:26 PM
However, in the blast section of the BRB it does mention that after you scatter you look down from above and "see" which models are under the template to determine hits.
That's a very interesting way of interpreting the rule. Basically RAW but doesn't penalise the guys in the ruins for being above each other. I like it. I'm going to go with that from now on (assuming my opponent agrees of course).

John Bower
07-04-2014, 04:25 PM
I do understand it; as said by somebody a blast isn't flat, it's a sphere; so would hurt other levels if they aren't shielded from the blast which I think is RAI if a little vague from the RAW point of view. Shrapnel is what kills you; not the blast; you can be right next to hand grenade and survive while a guy 20 feet away dies from the same grenade. It's pure luck; or fate if you believe in that sort of thing.