PDA

View Full Version : Can Eldar Jetbikes run (Battle Focus)?

Brent
07-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Hello, all.

Can Eldar jetbikes use the Battle Focus power to run?

In the rulebook (Bikes & Jetbikes section, pg 45), it says "Bikes and Jetbikes cannot Run..."

However, the Eldar codex lists Battle Focus among the Jetbike's abilities, implying that it can in fact run.

Does the principle that the codex generally take precendence apply here, or am I missing something?

In a related issue, if an Eldar jetbike can use Battle Focus to run, and does so, can it also make the 2D6" move in the Assault phase (as also mentioned on pg. 45)?

Thanks for your help...and apologizies for my poor search abilities. I'm sure this has come up before now, but I've tried several different searches and can't seem to find it.

Many thanks,

Brent

Path Walker
07-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Jetbikes can't Run, the Battle Focus rules don't give a unit the ability to Run, it just means if they can they can do it and shoot.

Allen Broussard
07-03-2014, 10:00 AM
While Functionaly the same thing, running and flat outting are definately different and therefore battle focus does nothing for mounted peeps.

John Bower
07-04-2014, 04:21 PM
While Functionaly the same thing, running and flat outting are definately different and therefore battle focus does nothing for mounted peeps.

And somebody once told me that GW don't put silly rules on units.... Proven that actually ... Yes they do.