PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Point Eldar Help

Nearsighted Farseer
07-01-2014, 05:22 PM
This is an Eldar list I've been working on. Let me know what you think (strengths/weaknesses).

HQ: Farseer (Runes of warding, Runes of witnessing, Jetbike, The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan) 155
Warlocks x3 (Jetbike) 150

Troops: 5 Dire Avengers (Exarch w/Power weapon and shuriken pistol) 90
5 Dire Avengers (Exarch w/Power weapon and shuriken pistol) 90
Wave Serpent (Twin-linked bright lance, twin-linked shuriken cannon, Holo-fields) 145
Wave Serpent (Twin-linked bright lance, twin-linked shuriken cannon, Holo-fields) 145
Wave Serpent (Twin-linked scatter laser, twin-linked shuriken cannon, Holo-fields) 145
Wave Serpent (Twin-linked scatter laser, twin-linked shuriken cannon, Holo-fields) 145

Windrider Jetbikes x6 102

Heavy Support: Fire Prism (shuriken cannon, Holo-fields) 150

Total: 1497

WickedGood
07-03-2014, 11:38 PM
drop one of the firedragons and the fireprism and add in a wraithknight. It is better than the prism at anti-tank and can be used to hold deathstars in place while you kill everything else.

The shurican cannon is not twin linked, I also do not think holo fields are worth it as I hate jinking my wave serpants but that could be just me.....
I also think that if your get dire avengers in close combat they are dead anyway so drop the exarch and the power weapon.

If you do both of those you gain about 120 - the 5 you need for the wriathknight. For 120 you can look at warp spiders, war walkers, more dire avengers, another farseer, some rangers, some weapons platforms, or something else to fit your fancy.

Dave Mcturk
07-10-2014, 07:14 AM
dont really see the point in taking exarch in minimum squads: a st3 power weapon is nothing to shout about. {imo gw missed a chance to make ALL eldar power weapons +1 ST in the new codex}: there is no increase in leadership ! {again a nice tweak for an expensive exarch would have been a buff to LD10}:and you lose an 18" shot !

at low point games i really dont see value in the chin guns, they just encourage you to get closer to use it, and if you are shooting the shield then its only snap shooting anyway! for the same point you can take a ghost matrix and skim your way safely! {and you really dont want them on a prism!}

we havent converted to 7th yet - and maybe wont even bother ! - but even so holofields are an expensive option at lower point games!

think thats saved you 180pts or so - and as PP says some fire dragons can never hurt !

the wraithknight is awesome but if you are playing 'nice' a bit over the top at 1500!

enjoy!

Hettar
07-16-2014, 08:46 AM
I like your list as its very similar to mine own, most people hate it because its spam heavy but who cares when your a dying race! Only thing I don't like in your list is the fire prism because of the new jink rules, night spinner suffers the same as they cant snap fire there useful blasts. Below is my list.

Either one of these HQ's
A)Farseer, jet bike, Motlg, SsoA, Singing Spear 175pts
B)Autarch, Jet bike, Motlg, SoA, , fusion fun, banshee mask 180pts

troops, 4x 5 Avengers in wave serpents with holofields, scatter lasers and cannons 840pts

Heavy supports, 2 Wraith Knights no upgrades

This army rarely loses and has the ability to thwart many death stars by out manoeuvring it, at 1850 I use my own mini deathstar of 2 farseers on bikes with 5 warlocks on bikes.

Dave Mcturk
07-23-2014, 07:18 AM
its just a thought ! - literally - not tried it yet! - but at 50pts+ per jetlock. wouldnt it be cheaper to put farseers in with shining spears ?

their exarch can have hit and run / their lances are almost as good as singing spears / they are just as fast and with six stabs at it they might get the same 4+ i/v save anyway - and they are half the points

if you need some warp points in 7th a few warlocks on foot are only 35pts and they can 'hide' in some other place or unit.