PDA

View Full Version : Moloc's Bodygaurd ideas

rongo5051
07-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I've been slowly (sometimes very slowly) building my Minotaur army and have a ?'s for you all.

I want to make a Group of Termies to go with Moloc in a landraider or maybe deep strike. What suit of armour do you think whould best go with him?

I've been thinking along the lines of the Tartaros pattern with replacing the shoulder pads With something else, or maybe the CATAPHRACTII PATTERN ?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Tartaros would be best. Maybe see if you can get molded Chapter symbols to put on the pads.

daboarder
07-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Regular terminators.

But convert them.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP/page11

I'm talking about that sculpted chest plate style. Would look great alongside moloch I think

rongo5051
07-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the ideas.

Daboarder : That's a great idea, but my green stuff skills are less then ok...... I have done the Sculpted bp for all the Sgt. in the army and are getting the helm crest from secret wars for thee helms.

Guy
07-01-2014, 11:27 PM
I know the IA books list the Minotaurs as having extensive access to Tartaros pattern armour but Cataphractii armour is closer to the Spartan aesthetic the Minotaurs go in for I reckon.

I too am building up a Minotaurs themed force, I highly recommend FW's Terminator pauldrons and the etched brass emblems. They're hugely characterful, and the etched brass sheet is edged with the Greek key-style pattern so you can even use the fram you'd normally throw away to edge your LR's or what have you.

rongo5051
07-03-2014, 07:41 PM
I have the Brass I like that a lot. I know the Legs on the Tartaros pattern is the same as Moloc's But I do think the Cataphractii would look better . I was looking for something unique to go with him . Thanks for the help all.

Guy
07-20-2014, 04:25 PM
I ended up picking up some Cataphractii terminators and gosh darn are they amazing looking models. If you haven't got some already I recommend you look into picking some up yourself, but yes, making them unique is a bit of a challenge.