PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

eldargal
07-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Are you a fan? Are not a fan? If you are not a fan why are you here?>< I grew up with the original cartoon show and films and now I'm really enjoying watching the new series with my little cousins and the new toy range is pretty nice too.

I really recommend the new show actually, really good stories, humour and plot development for all the characters. I was really annoyed at first that April O'Neil was turned into a teenage girl rather than a reporter but she actually gets a lot of good characterisation. The show is a little light on female characters though, the only other one being Karai the ninja 'princess' of the Foot clan. who is awesome. Just started on season 2 so NO SPOILERS!

Wolfshade
07-01-2014, 09:08 AM
I remember the TV show.

http://www.funelf.net/photos/Real-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles.jpg

energongoodie
07-01-2014, 11:19 AM
I love a bit of turtles.

SHAMELESS PLUG.

I will be at the London Film con in a couple of weeks at Earlscourt from the 11th of July. I will be selling mainly vintage TMHT carded figures, boxed mutations and some boxed vehicles.
Come and buy them :)

Darren Richardson
07-01-2014, 03:32 PM
I remember being a fan of the original series back in the day, but what I like most was the "Original American" comics released in Graphic Novel format in the late 80's I remember reading them around 8 or 9 thinking they were so cool....

Of course I didn't know at the time they were supposed to be for an older reader due to the "Graphic" nature of their fights :rolleyes:

eldargal
07-02-2014, 09:54 AM
I hope I'm not the only one here who grew up playing with the toys though?:p

I love a bit of turtles.

SHAMELESS PLUG.

I will be at the London Film con in a couple of weeks at Earlscourt from the 11th of July. I will be selling mainly vintage TMHT carded figures, boxed mutations and some boxed vehicles.
Come and buy them :)

I'd go if I could.:p Have most of the original line of figures I think, missing a few. all opened though, have the cards in a box.

The new sewer set is amaze:
http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-12774880enh-z6.jpg
Gave the brickwork a bit of a dark wash on mine and it looks even better.

Mr Mystery
07-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Turtles hit at an odd time in life for me, around the age that is now cretinously called 'tweenager'.

Quite enjoyed the TV series, and live action films were fun (apart from the third. I mean, WTF??). But never been that mad on them, unlike He-Man, Thundercats and Transformers.

Darren Richardson
07-02-2014, 02:01 PM
I hope I'm not the only one here who grew up playing with the toys though?:p

No I had a few of the figures that I would play with, but I much prefered the He-Man figures, and a few years later Action Force (you know GI Joe branded for the UK, because the yanks think we're idiots :rolleyes: )

Of course Transformers trumped them all!

eldargal
07-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Yeah Transformers are better. Though the new TMNT show is probly even better than Transformers Prime to be fair.

Wolfshade
07-07-2014, 07:52 AM
http://www.wobblymodelsyndrome.com/uploads/3/3/4/2/3342427/7463801_orig.jpg

Mr Mystery
07-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Also....CASEY JONES FTW!

eldargal
07-07-2014, 08:45 AM
I didn't like Casey Jones in the original animated series, like him in the current series though.

bfmusashi
07-07-2014, 08:50 AM
I have this weird relationship with Ninja Turtles where I'm not a big fan but I've watched all their shows all the way through. It's one of those shows that can have a major shakeups and not get derailed. Like, the original show changes from fighting Shredder and Krang (who turn into hobos) to fighting this Tau alien while getting new super mutations and a new human sidekick. The second American show did this thing where they went to some kind of glossy future, the writers got bored, then sent them back to a redesigned present before doing Crisis of Infinite Turtles wrap up (which was rad). They can really do anything and be used to tell any kind of story now, so each new show or comic is neat to look at. There will also never be anything as bad as Jim Lee's TMNT, which I think everyone forgot about when they started complaining about Bay's movie.

coachbeneficial
10-14-2014, 10:19 PM
My brothers, cousins and I were huge fanatics of the animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when we were kids. We do not miss any episodes and discuss it right after we have watched it.