PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Rumor Roundup

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bigred
06-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Older Rumors:

Codex Dark Eldar: Q4 2014, Near the very end of the year.

via Father Gabe (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/a0biYiEHqfg/next-month-dark-eldar-voidraven-and.html) 6-29-2014

Looked at update on next months releases. Dark Eldar are likely coming. Codex, limited edition codex, supplement, dataslates. Voidraven bomber @ $81.00 and new Incubi @ 29.75 which likely means plastic incubi.

Supply system updated, whether that means next month or not, Im not sure. It would make sense, since Orks are bleeding over into July release. To help support that info, no changes in supply system for Bretonians.

via StraightSilver 6-30-2014

I am pretty sure Dark Eldar won't be next month (August).

...I was under the impression they were going to be the pre-Christmas October release (to tie in with hallowe'en again).

I had heard the Void Raven was going to be their big release, literally as apparently it is a pretty big kit, so September/October sounds right as this is the start of the Retail Xmas period and would more than likely go on Xmas lists?

via Steve the Warboss 8-27-2014

The Dark Eldar comes soon after the last Nagash Endtimes release in mid September.

- 3 Week Release Window
- No completely new Units or Characters
- Chars without Models are removed
- Separate Relics for the Wych cults & the Kabals
- Vect is a Lord of War
- Wracks are the only finecasts who get a replacement
- New warmachine for Vect

via one of Gary's birds (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/lkxr6Nxmapk/dark-eldar-supplements-codex-and.html) 8-29-2014

Dark Eldar Products

A reduced price Incubi box(which is drastic, it seems, becoming cheaper than Wracks are now).

Two items named "Dark Eldar: Covens" and "Dark Eldar: Wyches" for the same price as a 7th Ed Codex. Now I can't say with much certainty what these are, but based on their price and title, I think they might be supplements.

In addition to that, I have seen the normal 7th Ed priced 'Codex: Dark Eldar" and the "Codex: Dark Eldar Limited Edition" that is a bit cheaper than others.

Also of interest is the "Dark Eldar Tantalus" that I found that is four dollars cheaper than three Terminator boxes. If this Tantalus entry pans out, I would assume it is our version of the Imperial Knight/Baneblade/Stompa.

via VoiceoftheChaosGods 9-4-2014

Dark Eldar are next, 3-week releases with:

-No Bomber in the Codex
-New Female Archon Model (maybe Malys)
-New Drazhar model
-New Wracks
-Vect with big Vehicle (no Chariot)

Via Steve the Warboss 9-10-2014

-Void Dragon is in the Dark Eldar Codex
-Incubis will be repacked but remain finecast

yet mooe datapoints for your trendlines...

via one of gary's birds (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/wQxANLK6vy0/new-dark-eldar-haemonculous-and-wracks.html) 9-13-2014

There is a new Homonculous and new wracks :)

The Haemonculi has long hair which falls on his left and he looks more of an Archon with the body of a Haemonculous. Perhaps a new Ancient Haemonculous model. While the body and cloak look similar, there are differences, and the curved blade is in its right hand, with the splinter pistol in its left. There is a talon of sorts, that looks like a raptors talon, on a lower right appendage.

via the voices on the wind 9-14-2014

Look for two main weeks of Dark Eldar Releases followed by a possible trailing third week to clean up the odds and ends and possible be shared with the start of the End Times Chaos launch window:

Week 1: Haemonculi / Wracks (Sept 20th pre-orders)

Week 2: Voidraven / Vect-dias / possible 3rd unknown mini (Sept 27th pre-orders)

Plus these mixed in:
-Codex (plus limited edition)
-Supplemental codex ("Wyches"?)
-Painting Guide ("Covens"?)
-Cards

via MyWargame (https://www.facebook.com/mywargame?fref=nf) & La Taberna de Laurana (http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/2014/09/rumores-repaso-de-las-novedades-de-gw-i.html) 9-14-2014

New Haemonculi and Wracks confirmed:

via barjed (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?399466-Dark-Eldar-Rumours&p=7271482&viewfull=1#post7271482) on Warseer 9-15-2014

Okay, I have the new WD with me.

Wracks get a new ranged weapon called Ossefactor.

"Each Wrack has access to (...) hooked blades and studded claws, (...) power mauls, (...), to (...)hex rifles, liquifiers and ossefactors". Power weapons for Wracks! Acothyst can take ECW, Scissorhand, Mindphase Gauntlet.

5 Wracks in a box, 29 eur. 11 different heads inside. Its not a dual kit.

This one is interesting. There are bits in the box that allow you to replace the crew of Raiders and Venoms for Wrack pilots and gunners!

Plastic Wracks look almost indentical to the Finecast ones.

New Haemy is 20 eur, looks like a cross between Urien (he has a syringe) and the old Haemy.

No codex yet.

Next week "it came from the void".

edit: here you go http://imgur.com/18cHzt6

...The it's worded in WD, I think it's ECW, Mindphase and Xhand for Acothyst, while the rest of the gear applies to regular Wracks (It explicitly states that every Wrack can equip a Power Maul)

via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/09/white-dwarf-34-przecieki-2-leaks-2.html) 9-16-2014

via La Taberna De Laurana (http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/2014/09/rumores-resumen-de-las-novedades-de-gw.html) and waaaghgaming.de (http://waaaghgaming.de/sieht-aus-wie-das-cover-des-dark-eldar-codex/) 9-20-2014

via Talk Wargaming (http://www.talkwargaming.com/2014/09/leaks-void-raven-codex-inbound-for-dark.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Talkwargaming+%28TalkWargamin g%29) and Descanso Del Escriba (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/09/ultima-horaportada-de-la-wdwvisions-y.html)8-22-2014

Dark Eldar VoidRaven

via Warseer's Felwether (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?399466-Dark-Eldar-Rumours&p=7276086&viewfull=1#post7276086): 9-22-2014
Dark Eldar week 2 releases:

Codex & Datacards

Voidraven Bomber €62

Kabalite Skysplinter (combo box) €45

Wych Cult Swiftshard (combo box) €45

Painting Guide

Rebirth (novel)

via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/09/white-dwarf-35-przecieki-leaks.html) 9-22-2014

Dark Eldar Codex
30 pounds / 39 euros / 49.50 USD

Dracon Edition (Limited Edition: 1000)
- Codex Dark Eldar
- Raiders of Commoragh
- 6 objective markers
- folio containing units datacards
- hardback slipcase
110 pounds / 145 euros / 180 USD

Archon Edition (Limited Edition: 500)
- Codex Dark Eldar
- Raiders of Commoragh
- Haemonculus Covens supplement
- 6 objective markers
- hardback slipcase
150 pounds / 200 euros / 250 USD

Voidraven Bomber
48 pounds / 62 euros / 80 USD

Wych Cult Swiftshard
10 Dark Eldar Wyches & Hekatrix plus Raider
35 pounds / 45 euros / 60 USD

Kabalite Skysplinter
10 kabalite Warriors (op. Sybarite) plus Raider

Data Cards
5 pounds / 6.50 euros / 8 USD

Raiders of Commoragh
20 pounds / 26 euros / 33 USD

daboarder
06-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Dark Eldar Rumor Roundup - Continued

Via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/09/white-dwarf-35-przecieki-leaks.html)9-22-2014

via Khaine Mor (http://www.thedarkcity.net/t9912p380-our-codex-is-confirmed-summary-as-of-sept-24-in-op) of The Darkcity 9-25-2014

Dark Eldar Week 3 Releases

Week 3, Pre order on the 4th : (October)

-Plastic Archon, multiple options from what I've seen so far, I've seen a lot of bitz I've never seen before on any other kit. I know kabalites or wyches won't be updated, meaning those bitz can only come with the archon.

-New Succubus, if you check the picture you can see a succubus with the same weapons as the old one, the same arms, but everything else is different. Now plastic or finecast, unsure. This could also be a conversion, however I know for a fact a new Succubus will be released.

- Vect + Dais, third big release: you can get very excited for this one:
0 pictures yet, 0 clue what it will look like, I'm expecting something extremely awesome. Vect is a lord of war btw.

BTW another interesting bit on apoc battle report: all dark eldar get FnP on turn 3, fearless on turn 5. A global power from pain it seems...

via 40Kings (http://www.40kings.de/2014/09/der-dark-eldar-codex-ist-da-qna-den-kommentaren/)9-26-2014

via Google Translate (from German, you will note some odd turn of phrases):

Gentlemen, this time there is really a premature birth. Rumor has it that quite a few people outside the HQs in Nottingham there that have the Codex Dark Eldar are on your desk. It's also said that this people want to present even a few interesting facts about the new Codex ... Below you will find a first estimate, based on rumors (!), Which are to me so came from here and there to ears.

Style of the Codex:

In principle, such as the new Grey Knights - no new units, loss of some known units for which there are no models, few new rules and basically a rehash of known with a few small changes here and there. Is that bad? No, not necessarily. DE Codex has always been moody and also the last issue had some charm. She was just not very strong game ... Is the new Codex game strong? I would say after the current rumors Location (!): Yes and no. A few gimmicks fall directly into the eye, but there is still no unity that could secure some form of stability or field presence. It remains questionable whether new gimmicks can make the really fat frying in the fire storm of colossi and Serpents ... But I've written anything yet!

Army-wide special rules:

Rumor had it already in the shady corners of the dark city. Power from Pain is a "vast army" become special rules, benefits from each model, that this special rule explicitly leads in profile - so all "normal" Dark Eldar units, Beast, Talos, etc. still do not. The special rule gives, depending on the running play special general rules on the quality FNP, Furious Charge, Rage, Fearless, etc. There may well be something out of it ... if not the support of these special rules would not necessarily be the most formidable representatives of the Codex. Some items or skills give bonuses to the number of moves, so that effects of turn 3, for example, already can enter turn 2.

The Warlord table is very unspectacular. Fear, Hatred here and there, a bit of skill in battle or even a Reroll ... yawn. The funny thing is the "Combat Drug" table to the benefit of all models with Combat Drugs (surprise ...). All effects are central and even throwing dice for all units. The implications are kept very strictly: each one specific profile value is improved by one point.

Changes in the selections:

Some units will be sorely missed in the new Codex, some other losses will be hardly noticed. This radical cuts are really already been made:

Vect is not in the Codex - it will certainly be a supplement released
The Baron is not in the Codex - he will certainly NOT be a supplement released
The poison-Duke is not in the Codex
Remain at known BCMs: Drazhar (fairly static), Lelith (as) and Urien (as well)
Otherwise, the selections are pretty much identical to the previous Codex

Changes in the units themselves:

The main change in the units over the last infusion is probably that the Beast Pack now more than 12 models (of whatever type) must include and the chimeras are simply too "demons" become so only a 5 + ward save can call their own. The flocks of birds have only 3 LP, the Clawed Fiend has for a rich profile for moderate point cost (but no protection mechanism). Funny is also that Tali and Croni (gnihihi) can be used in units of 1-3 and now have generic FNP. Not bad at all.

In addition, now all vehicles automatically "shock troops" are.

New equipment and weapons:

Again: Something New, but a few interesting ideas. The relics of the Dark Eldar are located in the middle of the power scale. A few inconveniences for enemy psyker, a couple of problems for opponents with low morale (unless they are Space Marines ... na thank you) and a few weapons and armor. Nothing exceptional. 35 For there is but the new Webway portal for the Succubus or the Haemonculus that the carrier and its unit (!) Gives shock troops and no deviation in Schocken. This can some games. I have quite a few nasty combinations with this tool occurred.

Also in the vehicle equipment, there are tried and true: Moral reroll, twin-linked Splinter weapons of passengers, etc. But also exciting things such as "Stealth" for vehicles. A 5 + ward save Venom continues to have on board.

New weapons are rare. Some special equipment à la Helfrost gun that is singular to have on a platform, has crept in, for example, a 5.5 storm 2 24 inch small template for the Talos. The rocket bomber (which is unfortunately completely overpriced) have changed something and otherwise we still saw the expected change in the Splinter Canon to a 4.6 weapon salvos. Here and there there are new melee weapons with irrelevant properties, also a few other minor modifications of existing equipment were made - the Shredder has now ... Warning ... shred! Good choice!

Conclusion:

Based on the current situation rumors my first impression is bad, a lot of potential wasted. But: At least there's one or the other unit and combination, a small renaissance of the Dark Eldar will mean possibly that is set by the pure available goes from BCM. Unfortunately, the Codex is the currently chosen path away pretty consistently. Much is simplified and adapted a few general special rules is available as a spare. Thankfully, the old Codex quite interesting ... Now it's up to us to find the tournament players, the path in the network of a thousand gates, which will lead to a competitive Dark Eldar army. Quite simply, the be sure not to find. But excluded it is not safe.

via warseer's barjed (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?400257-New-Wracks-and-Haemonculus-confirmed&p=7279526&viewfull=1#post7279526) 9-27-2014

- Huskblades are ap3, cheaper, not a relic
- Racks now work on all Splinter weapons
- Wych weapons nerfed. Hydras confer Shred, Razors reroll To Hit, Shardnet/Impaler reroll 1s on To Hit and To Wound
- Stun Claw is +1S, ap6, confers ID in challenge
- Shadow Field is more expensive
- Incubi are still ap2
- Torment Gren. Launchers can now be fired, 24", blast, s1, unit hit tests Ld, takes a wound for each point it failed, no armor or cover saves, doesnt work against ATSKNF*
- Night Shield confers Stealth
- Hex Rifle inflicts ID on Precision Hits*
- Soul Trap gives +1s for each usnaved wound inflicted in a challenge
- Reavers no longer attack while moving, now bladevanes are improved HoW. Caltrops inflict D6 rending HoWs, Gravs inflict Concussive
- Spirit Probe now improves FnP of all Deldar in 6" by 1 to a max od 4+
- Phantasm works like TGL, shorter range
- Ossefactor is assault 1, fleshbane, ap2. If something is killed then the victims unit get d6 hits with s equal to t of the victim, ap-, ignores cover
- Liquifier is now s3*
- Implosion Msls are s6 ap2 blast
- Chain Flails now only give Shred
- Talos has 3 attacks, same as Cronos
- Borh Haemy and Archon improve PfP, they let a unit add a 1 to the turn number for PrP, this stacks
- Warlord traits are ultra****ty, one gives the warlord +1 ws...
- Artefacts look average too, there is the old Djinn blade which works almost the same, a helmet that gives adamantium will in 12" and perils on any double, a terrible pistol, an ghostplate that gives -2 Ld in 6" and Fear, also one of the items does not work against atsknf. There is also Animus Vitae which is a one use, assault 1, s4 ap2, 8" that if a unsaved wound is inflicted lets all Deldar add 1 to the turn number for PfP effects until the end of the game
- it says that Dodge now works against any wounds inflicted in fight sub phase, I am nit sure if overwatch counts or not
- bomber is 10 av on all sides
- it looks like Venom Blade can only be taken by the Acothyst now*
- no flickerfields for anything other than venoms
- sails let a vehicle flat out 24"
- lances on infantry are a bit cheaper

collated by nonafel (frontpage comments) 9-28-2014

>Wyches invulnerable saves says it works against all wounds in the Fight Sub Phase.
>Combat Drugs work very much the same as before with no FNP option. They are still random and give a +1 to attacks, strength, initiative, toughness, weapon skill, or leadership.

>Warlord Traits

Dark Eldar within 12" have Fear
Can re-roll the dice for seize the initiative, for night fight, and reserves
Warlord gets Rage
Warlord gets Hatred
Warlord gets +1WS
Dark Eldar within 12" have Fearless

>Court of the Archon is now 1-12 models chosen in any combination from the four types (So can have 12 Sslyths if you want etc, this same exact method is applied to the Beastmasters where you now dont even need to take Beastmasters if you wanted to), Lhamean 10pts, Ur-ghul 15pts, Medusae 25pts and Sslyth 25pts, can take a Venom or Raider. Stats wise they look the same as before, some equipment changed though. The Lhamean now has a Shaimeshi blade, 2+ Poison with a to wound roll of 6 causing instant death (there's quite a few weapons with this rule). The Medusae's Eyeburst changed to a S4 AP3 Template.

>Hellions are fast attack, no way to change, same for Wracks (Elites) the only two squads that change their role are the Kabalite Warriors when they upgrade (3pts per model) to Trueborn and the Wyches upgrading to Bloodbrides (3pts per model), they both are then considered Elites.

>The Succubus has a new weapon exclusive to her, the Archite Glaive which can be used one or two handed, One handed is S: User AP3 melee while the other is +1S, AP2 and two handed.

>Dark Scythes are 24" S8 AP2 Heavy 1, Blast, Lance

>Raiders and Venoms are both 55 points base.

>Archons, Succubi, and Haemonculii can all take a Webway Portal for 35pts.

>Raiders, Venoms and Ravagers now have Deep Strike

>Wyches can take three special melee weapons if the unit is at least 10 models.

>Lelith and Drazhar have Rampage.

>No Lord of War, no Vect

>Real Space Raider Detachment: 1 HQ 2 Troops 1 Fast Attack are compulsory, but you can take up to 6 Fast Attack in one detachment.

>Gives a cover save of a 5+ to Troops in the first round and any round with Nightfight. Non-troops get a 6+

>Razorwing Jetfighter is now Fast Attack

>New Voidraven bomb is S9 AP2 Lance Large blast

>Webway Portal is an item that gives the carrier and unit Deep Strike without scatter.

>Talos/Cronos in units of 1-3, T7 3W points near a Wraithlord. Both have FNP. Talos has a new weapon option, 24" S5 AP2 Small blast.

>Cronos is cheaper, has AP3 and buffs for friendly units

>Beast packs have changed - minimum 12 models (of whatever type); Chimeras have the Daemon special rule. Razorwing Flocks only have 3A. Clawed Fiend is cheaper.

>Splinter Cannon is, 4/6 Salvo. Shredder does not have Mono-filament, but does have Shred.

>As for the Mandrakes, they lost the 5++, but got Shrouded and Stealth. They also start automatically with Baleblast and the only change to it is instead of pinning it has got Soul Blaze.

>Clonefield is a 4++ save. Shadow field the same as before.

>Power from Pain gives a set bonus depending upon what round it is, with no other requirements. The bonuses stack, so by the end of the game, your units really have a lot of bonuses.

>1. None,
>2. FNP 6+
>3. FNP 5+
>4. Furious Charge
>5. Fearless
>6. Rage

>Someone has a Power Lance (I can see it's profile in the summary) in the codex, but I have no specific unit pages so unsure. However, the most logical choice are Scourges, who have a polearm model option for the Solarite

>Cronos weapons stayed the same, they lost their additional support effects though, because Cronos now has a passive aura around itself (described in my prev. post). This is my conjecture but I think Talos and Cronos can be mixed in the same unit for a nice effect of 2 Taloi and a Cronos, with 4+ FnP on all of them

>Baleblast now indeed has Soul Blaze instead of Pinning. Mandrakes also lost their 5++, which means the leak about them having Stealth and Shrouded instead is almost certainly true

>I correct myself - Archon only boosts Power from Pain turn number when fielded in the new Dark Eldar detachment which also grants 5+ cover save for Troops and 6+ cover save for everything else on the first turn

>Shock Prow now gives AV14 when ramming

>Chain Snares now let a vehicle Tank Shock but not Ram

>Splinter Cannons are Salvo 4/6 and got more expensive

>Someone in the codex has a Crucible of Malediction (most likely Haemonculi) - once per game, all Psyker units (Brotherhoods included) within 3D6" suffer a S6 hit with no saves of any kind allowed

>Artefacts:

Animus Vitae - already described this in my other post

Archangel of Pain - once per game, all units within 9" test LD with a -2 penalty, then take a wound with no cover/armor saves for each point they failed. Doesn't work against units with ATSKNF

Armor of Misery - a Ghostplate with Fear and -2 LD penalty to all enemy units within 6"

Djin Blade - AP3, +2 Attacks, after all attacks roll D6, on 1 the bearer suffers a wound with no saves

Helm of Spite - Adamantium Will for all friendly units within 12", Psykers within 12" suffer Perils on any double.

Parasite's Kiss - Pistol, Poison 2+, Master-crafted, after inflicting an unsaved wound, the bearer restores a single wound.

>I am now almost sure that Venom Blade can be taken on the Acothyst only. There are two different weapons table for Coven and non-Coven units. Coven units get VB, ECW, Scissorhand, Flesh Gauntlet, Mindphase, and Agoniser. Out of these, VB and ECW can only be taken on the Acothyst. Non-Coven units get Power Sword (no option for other types) and Agoniser, that's it. So I Imagine the old VBs of all the kits will now be Power Swords. Also, Haemonculi can no longer take Power Weapons (unless it's specified directly in his profile, I haven't seen it)

>Agoniser is now Poison 4+, still AP3, same cost

>Scissorhand is Poison 4+, Rending

>ECW is Poison 5+ (sic), AP3, Concussive and is also the most expensive of all Coven weapons

>Flesh Gauntlet is Poison 4+, ID on a to hit roll of 6

>PGL does NOT confer grenades anymore - I have not seen the Incubi profile page, so cannot say if they've gained grenades or not

>Both PGL and TGL do not work against ATSKNF

>Monoscythe, Shatterfield and Necrotoxin missiles haven't changed

>There are no new ranged weapons other than Ossefactor and Dark Scythe (24", S8, AP2, blast, only on Voidraven Bomber), that info about AP2 blast for Talos also seems incorrect, I think someone confused Stinger Pod for it (which hasn't changed)

>Reaver save is still 5+, all HoW attacks are Rending, base is 1 S4 hit, Caltrops D6 S6, Grav is 1 S4 Concussive

>Significant stat changes for Beasts: Khymeras are now S4 and T4 (majority T4 for a Khymera pack!), Rzorwing Flocks are now WS2, A4, W3, Clawed Fiend is now WS3, W3

via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/09/white-dwarf-36-przecieki-leaks.html) 9-29-2014

Dark Eldar Week 3 Prices

Little bird has passed the following info.
There will be no pics, even though I received some, since GW does not want me to *their stuff, before the release date... oh well.

Eldar Archon model
£14, €18, USD23, AU25 // 70zł

Eldar Succubus model
£14, €18, USD23, AU25 // 70zł

Haemonculus Covens - Codex Supplement
£30, €39, USD50, AU60 // 150zł

collated by Charon 10-1-2014

Compilation from various sources:

HQ
Haywire grenades only for characters

-No vect
-Archon armour 5+, no ap2 board or bike, only boosts PfP turn number when fielded in the new DE detachment which also grants 5+ cover save for Troops and 6+ cover save for everything else on the first turn but only if Night Fight
-Succubus has option of AP2 weapon
-Hemie: 70, +1 to the pfp turn if there is a heamie in the unit.
-Drahzar: 190, EW, Rampage, +1A for every 6 to wound, Incubi get +1 WS if Drahzar is in the unit.
-Lilith: 150, Rampage, No armour saves agaist her close combat attacks, rerolls to hit and to wound in close combat
-Court: Llamean 10, Ur ghul 15, Medusae 25, Sslyth 25

Units
Haywire grenades only for characters

- Harlequins are gone from the codex

-Scourges: 16 points each, 4 weapons allowed

-Incubi: 20 points, ap 2 init order, no grenades no upgrade powers

-Reavers: 16 points each, can leave combat, save is still 5+, no longer attack while moving, now bladevanes are improved HoW. all HoW attacks are Rending, base is 1 S4 hit, Caltrops D6 S6, Grav is 1 S4 Concussive.

-Witches: 10 points. NO haywires.

-Kabalites: 8 points

-Talos: 120, units of 1-3, fnp stock no pfp. 3 attacks. Chain flails only give shred.

-Cronos: 100, units of 1-3, Spirit Probe now improves FnP of all Dark eldar in 6" by 1 to a max od 4+

-Mandrakes: 12, lost 5++ baleblast s4 ap4 18” assault 2 soulblaze

-Hellions: 13, no grenades

- Beasts: Khymeras S4/T4, Flocks WS2 A4 W3, Fiend WS3, W3. Max size of 12.

-Trueborn 1 pt cheaper, min size 5 no carbines. NO haywires.

-Wracks elite no improvement, 1 special/5 models
grots 35/model, FnP

- Bomber is 160 points + cost of missiles

- Ravager more expensive lost aerial assault. Raiders and Ravagers come with dissis. Dark lances + 5 points

-Venom almost same cost, cannot take +1 stealth

-Razorwing fast attack, 130 with dissis, +10 for dark lances, void mine is 5” blast

-NO lord of war

Combat drugs
1: +1A
2: +1S
3: +1I
4: +1T
5:+1 WS
6: +1Ld

Power from Pain
Turn 1:Nothing
Turn 2: FnP 6+
Turn 3: FnP
Turn 4: Fnp, Furious Charge
Turn 5: Turn 4 + Fearless
Turn 6+: Turn 5 + Rage
(+1 to turn if haemon in the unit)

Weapons:
- Huskblade ap3, cheaper, not a relic

- Hex Rifle inflicts ID on Precision Hits got cheaper

- Soul Trap gives +1s for each usnaved wound inflicted in a challenge

- Phantasm GL works like TGL, shorter range. Doesn’t work on ATSKNF

- Ossefactor is assault 1, fleshbane, ap2. If something is killed then the victims unit get d6 hits with s equal to t of the victim, ap-, ignores cover

- Liquifier is now s3 more expensive

- Venom Blade can only be taken by the Acothyst now

- Stun Claw +1S, ap6, confers ID in challenge

- Shadow Field is more expensive doesn’t fail until end of phase

- Agoniser is now Poison 4+, still AP3, same cost

- Scissorhand is Poison 4+, Rending

- Electro corrosive whip is Poison 5+ (sic), AP3, Concussive and is also the most expensive of all Coven weapons

- Flesh Gauntlet is Poison 4+, ID on 6 To Hit

- PGL does NOT confer grenades anymore - I have not seen the Incubi profile page, so cannot say if they've gained grenades or not

- Splinter Cannons are Salvo 4/6 and got more expensive (so a double nerf)
- lances on infantry are a bit cheaper

- Heat Lance sliiiightly cheaper, it also says that it can be only taken by Scourges but without seeing the unit profiles I cannot verify if Reavers can take it or not

- Mindphase Gauntlet, Flesh Gauntlet, Scissorhand are cheaper, half the cost; ECW is the same

- Djin blade became 33% more expensive

Artefacts:
-- Animus Vitae
one use, assault 1, s4 ap2, 8" if a unsaved wound is inflicted lets all Dark eldar add 1 to the turn number for PfP effects until the end of the game

-- Archangel of Pain
once per game, all units within 9" test Ld with a -2 penalty, then take a wound with no cover/armor saves for each point they failed. Sounds great BUT this does not work against ATSKNF!

-- Armour of Misery
Ghostplate with Fear and -2 Ld penalty to all enemy units within 6"

-- Djin Blade
AP3, +2 Attacks, after all attacks roll D6, on 1 the bearer suffers a wound with no saves

-- Helm of Spite
Adamantium Will for all friendly units within 12", Psykers within 12" suffer Perils on any double.

-- Parasite's Kiss
Pistol, Poison 2+, Master-crafted, after inflicting an unsaved wound, the bearer restores a single wound.

- Wych weapons
(all 5 points):
Hydras confer Shred
Razors reroll To Hit
Shardnet/Impaler reroll 1s on To Hit and To Wound

Vehicles, equipments/weapons
- Splinter racks now work on all Splinter weapons

- Shock Prow now gives AV14 when ramming

- Chain Snares now let a vehicle Tank Shock but not Ram

- Torment Gren. Launchers can now be fired, 24", blast, s1, unit hit tests Ld, takes a wound for each point it failed, no armor or cover saves, doesnt work against ATSKNF

- Night Shield confers Stealth can’t be taken by venoms

- flickerfields only for venoms

- sails let a vehicle flat out 24"

- Monoscythe, Shatterfield and Necrotoxin missles haven't changed

- Implosion Msls are s6 ap2 blast

- there are no new ranged weapons other than Ossefactor and Dark Scythe (24", S8, AP2, blast, only on Bomber)

- Stinger Pod hasn’t changed

- TGL, Night Shields, Splinter Racks, Trophies are all more expensive. TGL in particular has tripled in cost.

- Envenomed Blades and Retrofire Jets are gone.

- bomber is 10 av on all sides

Collated by Charon 10-1-2014

Talos are 1-3 in a unit.
Cronos the same but cant mix with Talos.

Kabalites are the same allthough PGL is as rumoured soulblight (no way of getting defensive grenades). 8 points and may take a raider even though a unit is 10+. (I guess there is a misunderstanding and he really means that Kabalites can take Raiders when they are more than 10 models and nt that kabalites are 10+)

Only power swords (means not other energy weapons) and Agonisers which is AP 3, poison (4+)

No more Klaivex Powers

Ravager still AV11, no aerial Assault

No more "small" Haemies, only the ancient is left

There is one formation in the dex (not sure if he refers to the detatchment)

No new movement rules for Talos/Chronos

Lhamean lost their "confers 2+ poison to archon" rule (because that would have been nice with the new agonizer -.-)

Razorwing is 130 points, may only take nightshields (which gives steath) and is a fast choice (not heavy). Its not a vector dancer :-( Dark Lances is a 5 points upgrade, comes standard with disintegrators.

Grotesques are the new hit, I think. Same stats but.... they do not blow up and they got Flesh gauntlets + ccw and Rampage. Nice!! Flesh Gauntlets: S as user, AP-, Lethal Dose, poison (4+)

Lethal Dose: 6 to wound gives ID.

Scourges 4 weaps in 5 confirmed

In the "Realspace Raiders Detachment" can you get 6 fast choices, yes. Giving 5+ cover save to troops and 6+ cover save too all others units in the detachment int the first turn AND any turn with night fighting.

WWP is any unit the Archon/succubus/heamon that has it have joint and their transport. Thats DS without scattering.
No blast.

Transport capacity has not changed, no rides (bike, glider) for characters

Mandrakes much better, stealth, shrouded and baleblast from start. Baleblast: assault 2, St 4. AP4, soulblaze

Wyches are dead no buffs, no haywire, Dodge only in Fight subphase.

Incubi cant get grenades.

Upgrade for venoms is only Grisly trophies and chain snares.... no shields.

Night shields give stealth and the new detachment gives cover in the first turn

Clone field is 4+ inv

Shadowfield is 40 points 2++ and shuts out at end of phase when failed, Archon only (which invalidates the succubus AGAIN, as she has no shiny armor for her T3)

no flickerfields for flyers

Harlequins are out (but still in the fluff)

only wych champion, succubus, archon can have HWG

via Arkalid 10-1-2014

So I have seen the Codex and I took some notes for you guys.

-Only Venoms get Flickerfields, the rest of the vehicles only get night fields.
-Almost every unit is cheaper now. Price drops range from one to about three dozen in some cases. Most infantry units are cheaper. All Fast Attack options are cheaper, so are Kabalites. Wyches and Haemonculi Covens are the same in points.
-Succubus can get the Relic armour, which has the cost of the good ol' times Tactical Marine, making her more viable.
-Wyches got hit a little, their weapons now give re-rolls, now specialist weapons.
-Incubi DO NOT have access to grenades.
-Trueborn no longer have access to shardcarbines, they do get 4 special weapons and two heavy weapons.
-Lelith no longer gets extra attacks.
-Artifacts are actually good. Animus Vitae has Rng 8" S4 AP2 Assault 1, Agonising and One-use only. If it inflicts an unsaved wound, every model (friend or foe) with Power from Pain count the turn number being one bigger, stacks with other such bonuses and is permanent.
-The Bomber basically destroys everything. The missiles are actually good, for example Implosion missiles are now AP2.
-Most leaked rumours are true.

The "Relic Armour", or The Armour of Misery, is a ghost plate (As 4+, 6++) that gives Fear and 6" -2 Ld bubble that effects enemies.

All Wych weapons only affect the model using them.

1) Only some unit champs can get Haywire grenades. Archon and Succubus have access to them. None of the Special Characters has Haywire grenades.

2) Archon, Succubus, Wyches (and Bloodbrides), Scourges.

3) Ravager is still 11/11/10 with 3HP

4) Venom still carries only 5 models.

5) Acothyst is the only model with access to Venom Blade

1) The Voidraven was around 160+missiles. I think missile options were four shatterfield, two shatters and two implosions, or four implosions. Price range for those was 20-60. Razorwing was something like 120 or 130. Only shatter missiles had price, they were like 5pts each. Had to buy dark lances as an upgrade, price wasn't that high.

2)Aethersails just let you move 24" when you go Flat Out

3) Scourge now cost the same as last Codex's Hellions. They can take 4 heavy and/or special weapons, no matter the squad size. basically the same options as before, but some price adjustments in weapon prizes. Huskblade is ten points cheaper and is AP3.

Via Charon and The Dark City (http://www.thedarkcity.net/t10034-confirmed-covens-supplement-details) 10-2-2014

From a 100% reliable source wishing to remain anonymous (confirmed by pics):
COVEN Supplement

Power from pain - by turn number.
1 – nothing
2 – Fearless
3 – Fear, Fearless
4 – Fear, Fearless, it will not die
5 – Fear, It will not die, zealot
6+ - Eternal Warrior, fear, it will not die, zealot

This is a straight copy from the book - yes some of the powers are omitted on purpose as they are not listed in the chart every turn

Warlord chart
1 – talos & chronos reroll FNP rolls of 1 within 12”of warlord
2 – warlord plus any grotesques he joins gain it will not die
3 – add or subtract 1 from reserve rolls
4 – If your warlord is slain by an attack/weapon with AP 1 or 2 or with the ID rule, gain D3 VP
5 – Warlord plus wracks he joins gain FNP4+
6 – Warlord gains preferred enemy

Artifacts
10pts – pick one of the following at the start of your turn which lasts until your next turn – IWND, fleet, poisoned 4+, rampage (used each turn)
10pts – fighting in a challenge – opponent suffers -5 to initiative
25pts – 8”range, S1, AP2, assault 1, blast, instant death, no effect on vehicles (used as a grenade in shooting phase)
10pts – Additional D6 attacks at S3, AP- at initiative 10, grant an additional pile in move at this step, no bonus applicable for furious charge, rending etc
20pts – IWND 4+, only wounded by poisons special rule on 6
35pts - +1 to FNP rolls, negate first wound suffered if it has the ID rule but when this happens, the item is lost

Coven Detachment
Required – 2HQ, 2 Elite
Optional – 4HQ, 6 Elite, 4 Heavy Support
Units that are available in the detachment – Urien, Haemonculus, Raider (DT only), Venom (DT only), Wracks, grotesques, talos, chronos
Benefits – if this is the primary detachment you can reroll warlord chart from this book. All enemy units within 12”of 1 or more models from this detachment suffer -1LD

7(!!!) formations as well!

Via Mr.Smith 10-3-2014

Well speaking of supplements and our good friends at Dark City, here are the Coven formations!! The 1st one is insane!

Formations

1 - urien or haemy plus 2 units of grots - d6 roll at start of game for grots - +1S, +1T, fleet, shred, rage, 4+ FNP

2 - 1 haemy, 1 chronos, 2 units of wracks - all wracks gain precision strike, wracks treat turn 1 higher for pfp. if haemy is the warlord he gets trait 4 automatically

3 - 2 units of wracks in 2 venoms - if a unit in this formation scores first blood, gain D3 vp rather than 1. Wracks must start embarked an in reserve. Deployed turn 1 via deep strike

4 - unit of 5 Talos - gain scout. Score an extra vp for any non vehicle unit killed in combat

5 - 1 haemy, 1 Chronos, 1 Talos - form a single unit. Characters may not join it outside of this formation. Talos and chronos gain +1ws and init. If haemy is warlord, gain trait 1 automatically

6 - 1 haemy, 3 units of wracks with raiders. Master of pain from haemy confers to all units in this formation within 12". Warlord trait 5 if haemy is warlord

7 - all 6 formations as above in 1 formation - called the carnival of pain. Urien form formation 1 has his master of pain rule confer to whole formation. All non vehicles reroll 1's to wound in combat

Original Post
-----------------------------------------------
So no bretonians?

Houghten
06-29-2014, 11:24 PM
There's plenty of time between now and the end of the year to squeeze in Bretonnia. Depending on which timing rumour you believe.

Brets are currently down to just twelve items on the website, one of which is the army book, three of which are out of stock and one of which is a bitz pack.

Heck, if they're not getting an update soon, I'd almost believe they're getting Squatted.

---

I want to believe the Voidraven bomber will be getting a plastic kit instead of disappearing, but that's how I know it's not true.

DrLove42
06-30-2014, 12:47 AM
One things for certain with DE codex. Were going to lose a ton of Special Characters. I wouldnt be suprised to see Malys, Sliscus, Khereducrrkeys (the mandrake chap no one has ever used) and everyones favourite one trick pony, the baron, disappear.

No model, no rules seems to be GW approach

eldargal
06-30-2014, 12:50 AM
They might release models for some of them. Wouldn't be sad to see Kheradruakh go though, mediocre character with uninteresting background in my opinion. Mandakes work better as weird faceless ethereal things, not giving them names and backstories.

Houghten
06-30-2014, 01:13 AM
You never know; the current Dark Eldar range is pretty heavy on the plastics right now so aside from HQs, only the Beasts, Incubi, Mandrakes, Wracks and Grotesques need lifting out of Finecast (edit: and the Harlequins, I always forget about them).

I think that leaves some room for some model-less characters to get plastic blisters (or boxes, in the case of the Buenos Dias, and probably the Baron would be a mini-box like the Shokk Attack Gun).

Hopefully Malys is one of them; there are precious few female characters as it is without vanishing one, and the Dark Eldar plastics come the closest to an even male / female ratio of any faction so failing to uphold that would be doubly disappointing.

Harley
06-30-2014, 01:27 AM
My thoughts exactly on the special characters. Orks lost some and I can see DE losing the same.

Unfortunately recent codex seem to indicate 40k is moving away from x special character alters FoC and favoring dataslates and formations instead. So I sadly think we will see special characters like the Duke, who significantly alter the way an army functions, go to the wayside.

Anggul
06-30-2014, 02:09 AM
I don't think Incubi need new models, I won't mind if they don't get a plastic kit, there are units that need it considerably more and the current models are fine. Mandrakes could do with plastic for variety, but not vital. The ones that really need plastic are Grotesques, Wracks and Beasts. Mainly Clawed Fiends and Flocks. Khymerae are easily made with Dire Wolves and Tyranid bits, they look pretty much perfect, but they aren't going to make two and not the third.

I'm not too bothered about the removal of characters like Sliscus and Malys as long as Archons in general get more options to make up for it.

My main hope is that Mandrakes are good and Succubi get a better dodge save like Lelith. I don't use a Succubus myself, but they're supposed to be incredible one-on-one fighters and they're currently a bit rubbish at it. They should be able to take on a Captain but as it is they're just going to get power fisted while their weapons bounce off of artificer armour. On that point, it would be nice for Succubi to get access to some kind of AP2 weapon that isn't a power axe, for the same reason that Autarchs really needed to be able to take executioners but sadly still can't.

Most of all I'm excited for Voidraven and Asdrubael Vect models. The Voidraven has always sounded so cool, and they aren't going to remove Vect so we should finally get to see the big daddy himself.

StraightSilver
06-30-2014, 03:01 AM
I am pretty sure Dark Eldar won't be next month (August).

Could be wrong but I was under the impression they were going to be the pre-Christmas October release (to tie in with hallowe'en again).

However with the way the Ork Codex was done, with 4 weeks of model releases before the Codex I could see them starting model releases in September.

I had heard the Void Raven was going to be their big release, literally as apparently it is a pretty big kit, so September/October sounds right as this is the start of the Retail Xmas period and would more than likely go on Xmas lists?

maph3rs
06-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Dammit!! I just started to collect these!!
Vect - Lord of war I betya!! Though is there a model for him? Would they write him out of the codex?
And yes, its guaranteed characters without models will be gone - IMO!!

40kGamer
06-30-2014, 09:35 AM
the Vect model is really old so hopefully he will see an update and likely move to Lord of War! I would love to see a summer release... But for Chritmas I want Archons on Reavers and a Voidraven with Vector Dancer!

DrBored
06-30-2014, 09:49 AM
I'd hope they'd at least release a model for Vect and the Dias of Destruction, and have that be a Lord of War, that'd be great.

Releasing the Baron and at least a new Drazhar would add some nice flavor, especially if Incubi are getting a new kit.

And Wracks and Grotesques will need to be updated to Plastic, so I could see the update being very Haemonculi-heavy.

Anggul
06-30-2014, 11:44 AM
As long as the Dais is good this time round that would be great.

If we get plastic Incubi I expect we'll be able to make Drazhar using the parts from that. I'm surprised they didn't include some fancier bits in the Hellion kit to make the Baron but who knows, maybe we'll get him anyway.

Given that most of the army has good plastic kits it'll only be the finecast and non-existant ones that get updated.

clively
06-30-2014, 02:07 PM
When is GW going to learn that the absolute best time to release DE is on 10/31?

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit!! I just started to collect these!!
Vect - Lord of war I betya!! Though is there a model for him? Would they write him out of the codex?
And yes, its guaranteed characters without models will be gone - IMO!!

No, there isn't a Vect model that is currently sold. If he goes LoW then his stats will need to be buffed. An Archon is much more point efficient than he is for what you get.

daboarder
06-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Probably about the time the Americans realise no one else really cares about all hallows eve :p

RGilbert26
06-30-2014, 03:33 PM
GW have yet to release a named character as a plastic model, what makes anyone think they'll do it for DE?

Rajden
06-30-2014, 04:05 PM
GW have yet to release a named character as a plastic model, what makes anyone think they'll do it for DE?

Well actually:

Tiktaq'to is the most interesting one here:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Lizardmen-Terradon-Riders

And singles in plastic:

Belegar
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Belegar-Ironhammer

Araloth
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Belegar-Ironhammer

But bigger ones have seen an upswing:

Swarmlord:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/The-Swarmlord

Kroq Gar
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Lizardmen-Kroq-Gar-on-Carnosaur

Karl Franz
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Karl-Franz-on-Deathclaw

Durthu
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Durthu

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Rajden,

Dont forget the Ogryn special character, Nork Deddog :
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Militarum-Auxilla-Nork-Deddog

prolly more we havent thought of too...

The Sovereign
06-30-2014, 11:08 PM
I just want models for Vect and Malys. That's all.

eldargal
06-30-2014, 11:49 PM
I'll be really annoyd if they drop Malys, bad enough the Craftworld codex just has a token female without reducing the DE one to the same level.

Necron2.0
07-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Probably about the time the Americans realise no one else really cares about all hallows eve :p

Nah. Everybody loves Dìa de los Muertos ... even the Guy. ;)

Charon
07-01-2014, 01:50 AM
I guess they will drop Malys. Bad rules, bad background, no model. I'd rather see the Baron changed to Baroness.
But I think they will keep Urien, Vect (LoW), Drazhar, Baron (as he is the only HQ that is not on foot) and we will probably get a "monster kit" which could be either a powered up Grotesque or a Grotesque SC

Anggul
07-01-2014, 04:26 AM
I'll be really annoyd if they drop Malys, bad enough the Craftworld codex just has a token female without reducing the DE one to the same level.

Game-wise it wouldn't matter as she's basically just an Archon with the crystal heart, but yeah I hope she's still in the backstory. She has some great fluff and I love the totally-not-Cegorach entity thing. Maybe even if they do remove her as a special character due to lack of a model they'll make the crystal heart one of our relics so you can still make her. Archon with crystal heart and djinn blade.

Cap'nSmurfs
07-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Wooooorth mentioning, maybe, that while people are saying "ha, Keradruakh and Malys will get dropped!" they were both prominent in the last Dark Eldar novel, Path of the Archon. Which might mean something, or nothing at all.

Anggul
07-01-2014, 01:15 PM
It would be a shame to lose Keradruakh as he's been there since the beginning, but they need to make him and Mandrakes decent or he won't be bought much even if he does have a model.

conker249
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Bringing the decapitator back with new rules to make him feared would be great. For now its a large point sink that barely gets to say "HI!" before he dies.

Tomgar
07-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Game-wise it wouldn't matter as she's basically just an Archon with the crystal heart, but yeah I hope she's still in the backstory. She has some great fluff and I love the totally-not-Cegorach entity thing. Maybe even if they do remove her as a special character due to lack of a model they'll make the crystal heart one of our relics so you can still make her. Archon with crystal heart and djinn blade.

I dunno, her redeployment abilities have some value. But yeah, I do agree she's probably gone with the Heart being moved to relics. If they toss Duke Sliscus, I'll be pissed. He makes a splinter-rack Raider full of Kabalites an absolute monster and his deepstrike rule is hilarious (if not actually that useful).

Krefey
07-01-2014, 09:00 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the bomber kit, it's about time they released it ;)

dpal666
07-01-2014, 11:44 PM
At this point, I just want the new book, so I can dust off all my 4th ed models and get a game in with them

abadon58
07-02-2014, 12:11 AM
I am with dpal666, mine have been on the shelf since the last codex came out, so much finecast that was ****e to work with even if the sculpts were nice.
Think DE and Necrons had the most finecast and have both armies

Aurélien Mouliets
07-02-2014, 01:50 AM
I am with dpal666, mine have been on the shelf since the last codex came out, so much finecast that was ****e to work with even if the sculpts were nice.

Well they were right into the GW Finecast madness. Fingers crossed we have so good plastic models coming!

dpal666
07-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Actually there is one thing I really want. I want a new model for the Dais of Destruction. Mine got lost in one of he moves.

Lord-Boofhead
07-02-2014, 12:47 PM

Really I love Finecast as a conversion material, I rate it just above old school lead and below plastics. White metal however can go die in a fire....

Tomgar
07-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I'm actually pretty okay with finecast. You can fix all the defects in it and the detail is really crisp. Great to convert with too. Kind of tempted to buy up some more FC Incubi tbh!

flare8521
07-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Finecast has its issues, but I'll take them over metal models any day.

I so want a new model for Vect too!! Although I'd love to convert my own as well if he stays as powerful in the new codex. And yeah, he's definetly becoming a Lord of War, espacially with the Dais.

I can't say I'd much care for a VoidRaven bomber model though. I've been using a Razorwing as proxy for years now and this would just mean I'd have to buy the actual model lol. Plus if it's the codex "big new toy", it would kinda suck that it can come as late as turn 4 if you're unlucky.

AnEnemy
07-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I used to enjoy working with finecast. Then I stopped working with it and started transporting and playing with it. My Wracks lose weapons nearly every time they go in the case. Don't even get me started on their back mounted hooks. Goodbye WYSIWYG.

I'd appreciate a more significant push towards mobile shooting. The "dedicated assault units" are all garbage in this book. Wracks being the only ones worth taking IMO.

Basically, they need to cure the codex of its Phil Kelly syndrome where a handful of units are devastatingly awesome and everything else is a joke.

MajorWesJanson
07-11-2014, 04:31 AM
I used to enjoy working with finecast. Then I stopped working with it and started transporting and playing with it. My Wracks lose weapons nearly every time they go in the case. Don't even get me started on their back mounted hooks. Goodbye WYSIWYG.

I'd appreciate a more significant push towards mobile shooting. The "dedicated assault units" are all garbage in this book. Wracks being the only ones worth taking IMO.

Basically, they need to cure the codex of its Phil Kelly syndrome where a handful of units are devastatingly awesome and everything else is a joke.

That's not just finecast. Dark Eldar stuff is covered in extremely fine parts which love to bend or break, whether in plastic, metal, or finecast.

Erik Setzer
07-11-2014, 08:23 AM
I'd appreciate a more significant push towards mobile shooting. The "dedicated assault units" are all garbage in this book.

Welcome to Warhammer ShootyK! That's what the Ork army is like, pretty much. At least Dark Eldar have more access to power weapons.

eldargal
07-11-2014, 09:11 AM
It would be nice if wyches dodge save applied to Overwatch fire in the new book. Still good against vehicles mind you, haywire them to death. Really, really want teh Voidraven, don't care if the rules are crap so long as I get giant new flyer to look at.

DrLove42
07-11-2014, 10:34 AM

Assault is a bit of a joke full stop in the game right now. You need to practically dedicate an army to it, not a single unit

And are you kidding? Mister Kelly (6's be upon him) outside of the Space Wolf codex writes a lot of highly balenced books. The DE book is actually the most balanced of them all, if you leave Mandrakes out of the equation. Now the "design studio" write books, it will be some units better than others

DarkLink
07-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Maybe in casual play, maybe, but competitively every single phil kelly book without exception devolves rapidly into one or two netlists. DE was double foc venom/ravager spam, and after allies the beast pack. Space Wolves is long fang spam, grey hunters in drop pods, and rune priests. Orks were nob bikers and battlewagon spam. Eldar was falcon/harlie spam, and now it's serpent spam, wraithknights, and the seer council. Phil Kelly does not write balanced books.

Charon
07-11-2014, 01:08 PM
To be fair this is no Kelly issue.
Sure his internal balance is lackluster but his armys work as armies. I can build eldar nearly every way I want and still get a functional army that doesnt feel like i have to fight an uphill battle just because I prefer X to Y.
You CAN play Serpent spam, you can play Seerstar, you can play mass wraithknights but you dont have to.
The only codex he completely ****ed up in my opinion is chaos space marines.

I'd rather see another Kelly Dark eldar codex where a few units are Op and a few other are crap than a guy like Ward destroying the fluff and producing a ****ty army.
The examples you give can be attributed to nearly any codex out there including space marines, necrons and grey knights.

DarkLink
07-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Sure, whatever you say.

Charon
07-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Centurionstar, Bikestar, Cronair, Draigowing, Purifyerspam,... did not exist?

Uberbeast
07-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Seriously, Phil is a pretty good designer, probably the best on the GW staff right now. He may not get everything perfect, but his books have a good track record compared to others in what is a difficult and clunky rule system.

Muninwing
08-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Maybe in casual play, maybe, but competitively every single phil kelly book without exception devolves rapidly into one or two netlists. DE was double foc venom/ravager spam, and after allies the beast pack. Space Wolves is long fang spam, grey hunters in drop pods, and rune priests. Orks were nob bikers and battlewagon spam. Eldar was falcon/harlie spam, and now it's serpent spam, wraithknights, and the seer council. Phil Kelly does not write balanced books.

i play beastmen. your argument is irrelevant.

PK's problem is his naivete. he actually thinks that people will use cool-sounding neat-looking minis if they aren't OP. then the min/maxer players get ahold of the book and cheez it out to a few netlists and PK is sad again but keeps making books the same anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

give me a reason to bring out my WychCult, please. barring that, fix mandrakes. barring both, at least make them less venomspam and i'm happy.

Cap'nSmurfs
08-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Phil Kelly writes background now, not rules. Move on.

The Sovereign
08-26-2014, 10:14 PM
I'd be happy if Kelly, Vetock, and Bligh were the only codex authors GW had.

daboarder
08-26-2014, 10:31 PM
whats bligh done?

I used to like kelly, and then he decided that writing a himage to one of the greatest abominations of a book GW has ever released was a good thing

Cap'nSmurfs
08-27-2014, 03:51 AM
Bligh is the lead writer for Forge World.

The other thing always to bear in mind is that the codex authors don't work in a vacuum. There are things the company wants to do. There are the miniatures designers and artists. There are the other authors in the studio, people they play games with and discuss the game with every day. And so on. I like the shift towards naming the whole Design Studio as the author; it's more accurate and probably better for everyone's sanity.

eldargal
08-27-2014, 03:54 AM
I aree, also makes it harder for the community to find a new whipping boy to blame for all their troubles.

Cap'nSmurfs
08-27-2014, 04:01 AM
I can't imagine that wasn't a primary motivation, yeah.

Bigred
08-27-2014, 06:42 PM

The Dark Eldar comes soon after the last Nagash Endtimes release in mid September.

- 3 Week Release Window
- Vect is a Lord of War
- New warmachine

MajorWesJanson
08-27-2014, 07:08 PM

- 3 Week Release Window
- Vect is a Lord of War
- New warmachine

Sounds more like guesses than actual rumors.
3 week release window- pretty standard now for codices (with kits that is). 3-4 kits, some characters, codex week 2, supplement week 3.
No completely new units? Makes sense for Dark Eldar. They still have a lot to convert over to plastic still.
Characters without models removed? A given.
Separate relics for Wych Cults and Cabal- popular wishlist, and would be the first book with 2 sets of relics. But why those 2, when Coven are the third faction of the book, shouldn't they get a set of relics too? Especially with all their arcane wargear that would make a good core of relics?
Vect as a lord of war. Given after Logan and Ghazkull.
Wracks etting a replacement makes sense. They are the third troop choice for DE, and share parts with the Haemonculus. But only finecast replacement? Plastic Incubi have been fairly reliably rumored as well.
New Warmachine? Makes sense- Dais of Destruction with Vect so he has a kit.

My guess- 3 week release
Week 1
Void Raven, Incubi 5 pack
Week 2
Codex, Wracks 10 pack, Archon clampack, maybe Succubus clampack
Week 3
Vect on Dais of Destruction, Cabal of the Black Heart supplement, Dark Eldar raiding force box set.

Duke, Lady Malys, Baron removed. Crystal Heart, Baron's Skyboard become relics. Duke's reroll combat drugs ability becomes a warlord trait.

darthken
08-27-2014, 07:24 PM
yeah the special character's that everyone uses with no models, gone. :( leaving us with special character's that rarely see any table time. But as they have only recently (for DE anyway) released nearlythe entire army's range maybe, just maybe they did some work on character's. Especially if they are thinking of profit. Im not going to buy more wracks just to replace my failcast ones, but a baron or duke model yes please

The Sovereign
08-27-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't much care for most of the named HQs without models, but I'll be sad to see Lady Malys go. I like the narrative choice she brings DE players as a named archon who is a political rival of Vect that presents a real threat to him. It also provides narrative justification for an epic DE vs. DE battle. Would also love to see GW do a great female archon model.

marful
08-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Bligh is the lead writer for Forge World.

The other thing always to bear in mind is that the codex authors don't work in a vacuum. There are things the company wants to do. There are the miniatures designers and artists. There are the other authors in the studio, people they play games with and discuss the game with every day. And so on. I like the shift towards naming the whole Design Studio as the author; it's more accurate and probably better for everyone's sanity.
I'll note that you mentioned their design staff discusses the rules, but no one actually playtests.

Also, the reason why they name the whole studio? Probably to avoid net rage against that individual...

MajorWesJanson
08-27-2014, 11:33 PM
Probably to avoid net rage against that individual...

Not that that stops people from still blaming Ward...

eldargal
08-27-2014, 11:56 PM
No completely new units and characters and a new warmachine are contradictory.

Also Vect doesn't have a model, so why isn't he being removed? If he is the new warmachine then why not just say so?

Seems like a load of bollocks.

Charon
08-28-2014, 12:25 AM
Vect HAS a model (1999) its just no longer sold (altough you can order parts of his model via web store).
No complete new units and a new warmachine is not contradicting. The first most probably refers to codex entries (same as the gre knights... I knew it -.- ) while the second could either bei the dais or the voidraven (which are not new but without model).
The rumors may be completely unreliable but this is indeed the same pattern we saw with grey knights. Rushed out, no new releases, bland codex.

eldargal
08-28-2014, 12:30 AM
No, he had a model. A model that is no longer produced and no longer available is the same as having no model. You can't order any prt of his model, you can order the two Dark Eldar prisoners which were included with the Dias of Destruction.

A new warmachine is by definition new. If it is the Dias or the Voidraven or somehow both in the same kit then it isn't new. If it is new then it contradicts the claim of no new units, there is no way out of that. If it is the dias or voidraven why not say so?

Any idiot can write out 'rumours' that match the pattern of new releases, that isn't hard. It's what every half arsed rumourmonger has done for years.

Edit: To put it another way, if it just does mean any new larger plastic kit then the rumour is so vague as to be almost meaningless. Virtually every army release bar niche armies like Inquisition have got a large plastic kit of some kind. If it isn't a new unit then it is so vague a rumour as to not be one at all, literally 'GW is releasing new stuff with an army update'.

Charon
08-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Virtually every army release bar niche armies like Inquisition have got a large plastic kit of some kind.

Grey Knights did not.
A new unit is different from a new model. A new unit could be "Dark Eldar Flesh Titan", a new codex entry (I guess we agree that we wont see that).
A new Warmachine is just that. We dont have a model for the voidraven, so it would be "new". Still no new unit, but a new kit.
I can think of plastic wracks (cause they are standard) but why should they put the rest of the line in plastics? They havent done that for eldar either. Every unit of aspect warriors is still Failcast.

eldargal
08-28-2014, 03:30 AM
Hence 'virtually every'. The fact is either he contradicts himself or is being so vague it is meaningless, along with the other points about common wishlisting and whatnot MajorWes pointed out I don't think there is much more to this rumour than that.

Charon
08-28-2014, 03:38 AM
Might not be but with the recent (rushed) release of Grey Knights im gonna expect the worst. DE are pretty much niche too so I dont expect a "proper" release as every other codex till Space Wolves had. I fully expect the same treatment as Grey Knight. Stip of options, strip of characters and the missing voidraven as "new" model.

MajorWesJanson
08-28-2014, 03:48 AM
A new Warmachine is just that. We dont have a model for the voidraven, so it would be "new". Still no new unit, but a new kit.
I can think of plastic wracks (cause they are standard) but why should they put the rest of the line in plastics? They havent done that for eldar either. Every unit of aspect warriors is still Failcast.

If it was the Void Raven, why not call it that, or a bomber, or a flier? A war machine is a rather distinct name. And if it was the Dais of Destruction, why not name it alongside Vect? If it is not one of those two, it would have to be a new unit, contradicting the no new unit claims.

Why shouldn't they put more of the range in plastic? Because it would be unfair to the Eldar? The reason they haven't done all the aspect warriors is because they only design/manufacture so many plastic kits at a time, and they have to choose priorities. The Aspect Warriors are still pretty good sculpts. Giving Eldar a flier was a given to bring them up to par with the other books. Wraithknight was a take or leave it addition to the book, but looks cool and followed on the Riptide to lay the groundwork for the Imperial Knight. And Wraithguard needed made into plastic, so they were, and given an alternate build from the same kit.
Wracks are the coven troops, and share a lot of wargear with haemonculi, potentially putting a plastic HQ option in the box. Void Raven is a large plane that needs a model, and looks awesome. Vect needs a model, as he is too big a name to remove. And like Logan, if they are going to make a plastic model for him, may as well make it a centerpiece. Unlike Logan, the Dais has been in the fluff forever, so is not going to irritate people like the addition of a sleight/chariot.

Then you still have some important units in the DE range in finecast-
Grotesques are a monstrous infantry, on the scale of Ogryn, Centurions, or Meganobz, currently with a single model with fixed wargear and no options.
Incubi are fairly well liked, and their heavy armor gives them a ifferent role in the DE book. They have a finecast kit that looks good, but a plastic kit would let them add weapon options and add parts for Drazhar, a not unpopular character saddled with an old model, one of the few holdouts from the 3rd Ed DE range.
Beast Packs are popular for the Deathstar option, and made up of a collection of one off rather expensive blisters. They have a variety of models, so would be trickier to convert into plastic.
Court of the Archon also is made up of individual blister models, but unlike the Beast pack, is rarely taken.
There are no plastic Dark Eldar HQ options right now. Clampacks should fix that though. a plastic Archon and plastic succubus, compatible with the bits from the warrior and wych boxes respectively would cover a lot of options though.
Then you have the characters who are likely to be dropped for lack of a model.
After that, you have the elite versions of the troop units. Bloodbrides and Trueborn can easily be made from the warrior and wych boxes, but that hasn't stopped the Space Marines from gettng specific models for their Sternguard and Vanguard squads, or models for Chaos chosen from showing up in plastic. They could even toss in more parts- It would not be hard to put out a box of Trueborn with parts for an Archon and the Duke, maybe even Lady Malys. And a Bloodbride box could fit a succubus model, and also have say a Lahamian poisoner model or two.

OK, that ended up far afield of where it started.

Charon
08-28-2014, 04:05 AM
I think you make the mistake of not seperating "what should be done" from "what will they actually do according to their treatment of recent releases"

What we probably will see:
Vect as a giant *** expensive LoW kit
Voidraven Bomber kit
Plastic Wracks
Stripping of SC without models, introducing some of their old wargear as relics

The rest is wishthinking.

Why shouldn't they put more of the range in plastic? Because it would be unfair to the Eldar?

No, because they haven't done so in the past. Why should they start now, especially with a niche army that has covered most options in plastic already.

Bloodbrides and Trueborn can easily be made from the warrior and wych boxes, but that hasn't stopped the Space Marines from gettng specific models for their Sternguard and Vanguard squads, or models for Chaos chosen from showing up in plastic.

Nothing stops Space Marines from getting everything, because they are... hmm... Space Marines. They are not niche, they are GWs most beloved poster boys.

Cap'nSmurfs
08-28-2014, 06:19 AM
I think you make the mistake of not seperating "what should be done" from "what will the actually do according to their treatment of recent releases"

It's true; Orks don't exist. Neither do Wood Elves or Dwarves. This only works if by "recent" you mean "literally the last two".

Charon
08-28-2014, 06:22 AM
Was the orc codex more recent than grey knights?

But also... how many Finecast units/models were turned into plastic minis?
Did they lose no SC?

Cap'nSmurfs
08-28-2014, 06:24 AM
It was all of three months ago; surely that counts as "recent releases"? If you're trying to extrapolate a pattern from literally one data point then, uhhh...

Grey Knights had an uncommonly small release; Orks had an uncommonly big one (like Dark Elves last year); Space Wolves were somewhere in between. Wood Elves were quite small and quick. The Wood Elf/Dwarfs/Space Wolves example I expect to be more of the norm, but there is room for the bigger releases. You have to consider all of that, not just Grey Knights (which was so strange, and I hope doesn't happen again).

eldargal
08-28-2014, 06:26 AM
I have to say I will be really upset if Malys really does get dropped. The Dark Eldar codex was basically unique in that it had two female SCs out of eight (contrast to SoB codex having one female SC out of two, lol). All it would take would be for them to give one tiny character release slot to her.

Charon
08-28-2014, 06:35 AM
It was all of three months ago; surely that counts as "recent releases"? If you're trying to extrapolate a pattern from literally one data point then, uhhh...

Grey Knights had an uncommonly small release; Orks had an uncommonly big one (like Dark Elves last year); Space Wolves were somewhere in between. Wood Elves were quite small and quick. The Wood Elf/Dwarfs/Space Wolves example I expect to be more of the norm, but there is room for the bigger releases. You have to consider all of that, not just Grey Knights (which was so strange, and I hope doesn't happen again).

If other sources are correct then the missing codices are already done and ready. I fully expect the Grey Knights to be the norm for the missing "late 5th" codices. Necrons and Dark Eldar with a bigger release for everyones favorites: the Blood Angels. The Orcs had to be a bigger release because they where what? 4th edition?

Cap'nSmurfs
08-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Depends what you mean by "the norm". I don't think a release with no new models is going to be normal at all. I expect Necrons and Dark Eldar, when they arrive, will be along the lines of Space Wolves/Dwarfs, with a plastic character or two, a big kit, and a troop box of some kind.

Fair point with the Orks. The thing, I think, is that the "core ranges" for Dark Eldar, Necrons, Space Wolves etc. are all relatively modern. Grey Knights isn't that old at all; it makes all their core units, they have a big kit, they've got characters, and they're a niche army (after the initial surge of interest died down). What do you give them? It's exactly the kind of book you can do quickly.

The thing is that I don't disagree with you by a huge amount, it's just that I think suggesting Grey Knights to be the new normal is silly. :)

Another consideration, I think, is that I don't think we're getting a new Warhammer Fantasy Army Book until 9th edition. I think End Times is filling all those slots now.

Charon
08-28-2014, 07:05 AM
The core range for Dark Eldar is modern AND they are certainly not one of the top sellers despite having one of the most impressive sculpured range of minis. They recently came to attention as "support" for Eldar. Namely the Baron. But in most cases it is Eldar with a few DE allys. Not the other way round.
So why giving more attention to one of the "not so well selling" armies? There is also not much that you can give to them. They have their Flyers in the book (one model missing -> easy to grab opportunity), they have one SC on a giant Raider (also easy to grab LoW). But beyond that?
They didnt bother giving them anything for escalation (erm... yeah just use the Eldar thing... no we are not gonna do conversion kits and we know that it contradicts fluff) and not even FW can be arsed to do anything for DE that is not another iteration of a Raider/Ravager.

Cap'nSmurfs
08-28-2014, 07:14 AM
The last DE update put them in such a strong position models-wise that any new release is likely to be on the smaller side, I agree. It hasn't been ten years since the last book, they don't have huge gaps in the range. They're in line for a "normal" release.

(Which is still more than Grey Knights, ho ho ho).

Charon
08-28-2014, 07:22 AM
Depends on how you look at it.
If you are coming from the side of "they will get new kits because there are units that lack models" then yes.. more than Grey Knights.
On the other side if you consider getting missing models for units is a given (Grey Knights already had all models) then you will get no new models. Just some kits which you already had to wait nearly 5 years for.

eldargal
08-28-2014, 08:24 AM
The core range for Dark Eldar is modern AND they are certainly not one of the top sellers despite having one of the most impressive sculpured range of minis. T.
Citation needed. GW have never provided any firm data on how sales are broken down. All reports from the year or so after th DE release indicated they sold extremely well, something supported by the vas number of DE plogs that started up on various forums. Sales will doubtless have reduced over time but they all do.

Charon
08-28-2014, 08:44 AM
They do not keep track of army sales. But I guess you can get some hints at your local stores which boxes are replenished regularly and which are standing around since... years, observation at gaming clubs where pure DE seem to be as common orks pre recent codex and last but not least how regular ther range is updated, expanded or changed. They do that with Space Marines on a regular basis (new tactical squad nearly every edition, codex every edition not every 2nd or 3rd, new stuff added,...) which would be a fun thing to do if their poster boys would not be their number 1 selling range.
I would say that DE recently got a bit of populartity as the Baron was part of the Seerstar and people needed to get a box of hellions and a few kabalites. They also pulled them off their stores making most units web exclusives. Even Forgeword doesnt bother much with Dark Eldar. You can argue otherwise but this is not a sign for a top selling product.

Defenestratus
08-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Citation needed. GW have never provided any firm data on how sales are broken down. All reports from the year or so after th DE release indicated they sold extremely well, something supported by the vas number of DE plogs that started up on various forums. Sales will doubtless have reduced over time but they all do.

I don't doubt that DE sales were strong following the last release. After all, they hadn't been updated for 11 years. What data we do have comes from independent stores sales data. Larry does talk to them from time to time and getting information from them regarding what sells and what doesn't shouldn't be rocket science if they're all keeping good books.

However, that being said, I cannot imagine that DE are a top seller even amongst non-space marine model lines based solely upon the numbers of DE armies we see showing up to events around the world.

eldargal
08-28-2014, 08:52 AM
The problem with that is independent sellers only represent one segment of GW sales, the independent stores data we do get tends to come from the US and even then it is hardly enough to draw real conclusions from given how many independent stores actually sell GW product. Not to mention I've not seen any data that goes into actual depth beyond breaking it down into games systems. People who go to events are also a very small fraction of the overall playerbase. My point isn't that DE are a top seller, it is that we have no way of knowing so speculating how GW will treat them based on something we have no kind of knowledge of seems rather silly.

Charon
08-28-2014, 09:34 AM
My point isn't that DE are a top seller, it is that we have no way of knowing so speculating how GW will treat them based on something we have no kind of knowledge of seems rather silly.

But we DO have knowledge of their treatment of Space Marines Model Ranges. A long time observation has happened.
Sure hardly enough to predict what they are going to do but enough to speculate that DE will not get the same attention as their No1 armies.
And if we look through the last releases we can say that orks got a big release because of the age of their last codex (similar to DE when they got their codex in 5th), Wolves got the 2 "mandatory" flyers, a new Logan LoW kit and a plastic cybot, Grey Knights already had their entire army done (including the flyers) so they got the finger.
Leaves us with the DE who have only 1 of their 2 (mandatory) flyers, an opportunity for another easy moneygrab with a LoW ex Special Character and probably a multi purpose kit (melee wracks and ranged wracks). I really dont think that DE will receive any better treatment than the releases before.

ursvamp
08-28-2014, 06:42 PM
Grey Knights already had their entire army done (including the flyers) so they got the finger.

Well, there is no way for us to know why Gk got no new models with their release, so we can't concluding that it was because they didn't lack any models(or didn't need any new ones),
I would instead offer up the suggestion that the new GK book seems to have been treated more like a supplement codex than a "full release".
I base this observation mostly on the cover art; Hitherto every major release since the release of 6th edition has had a cover art created by Raymond Swanland. Every supplement codex has had other "random" artists (in this I include the Sisters of Battle and Inquisition codexes, which both was released on the side of or inbetween larger releases, and were both unsupported by a model wave).
GK got no models with their release, has no Swanland cover art (the cover artist is the same as for SoB) and was released "quickly" inbetween releases.

The conclusion I draw is rather that it seems like GW considered the GK to be more of a "minor" release, or a supplement (based on the way the release was handled), and shouldn't be used when we try to identify trends in releases, in order to try and foretell what's coming.

Observing what I can identify as trends I'd be very surprised if the DE didn't get any new unit entries. Unless I'm forgetting something, there hasn't been a codex release in the 6th/7th that hasn't gotten at least 1 new unit entry in it (and not in 6th either, as far as I can recall, but not completely sure on 5th ed Space Marines). This would indeed be a baffling trend to brake (for no reason (at least not for any that I can percieve)).

That being said, it seems DE would actually need (or at least benefit from) quite a large release, so I wouldn't be surprised if we actually see Blood Angels first, between the end times books, and the nDE i nnovember. But I don't know. just observations.

daboarder
08-28-2014, 07:09 PM
thats what happens when you tear half the units out of a codex or individual sale.....twice

Bigred
08-29-2014, 11:38 AM
via one of Gary's birds (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/lkxr6Nxmapk/dark-eldar-supplements-codex-and.html) 8-29-2014

Dark Eldar Products

A reduced price Incubi box(which is drastic, it seems, becoming cheaper than Wracks are now).

Two items named "Dark Eldar: Covens" and "Dark Eldar: Wyches" for the same price as a 7th Ed Codex. Now I can't say with much certainty what these are, but based on their price and title, I think they might be supplements.

In addition to that, I have seen the normal 7th Ed priced 'Codex: Dark Eldar" and the "Codex: Dark Eldar Limited Edition" that is a bit cheaper than others.

Also of interest is the "Dark Eldar Tantalus" that I found that is four dollars cheaper than three Terminator boxes. If this Tantalus entry pans out, I would assume it is our version of the Imperial Knight/Baneblade/Stompa.

Mr Mystery
08-29-2014, 11:43 AM

Dark Eldar Products

Tantalus is this beasty, from Forgeworld.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/tantalos5.jpg.

Charon
08-29-2014, 11:58 AM
If this Tantalus entry pans out, I would assume it is our version of the Imperial Knight/Baneblade/Stompa.

The Tantalus is basically an overpriced heavy support Raider with vector strike and can carry 16 models.

MajorWesJanson
08-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Tantalus is this beasty, from Forgeworld.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/tantalos5.jpg.

GW doesn't copy models from FW any more, they make their own versions. So that seems unlikely.

Bigred
09-04-2014, 08:07 AM
via VoiceoftheChaosGods 9-4-2014

Dark Eldar are next, 3-week releases with:

-No Bomber in the Codex
-New Female Archon Model (maybe Malys)
-New Drazhar model
-New Wracks
-Vect with big Vehicle (no Chariot)

Defenestratus
09-04-2014, 08:18 AM
No bomber?

Thats going to be a bitter pill for DE players to swallow.

Cap'nSmurfs
09-04-2014, 08:26 AM
VotCG is not a great source, mind. No bomber could be alleviated if they improve the Razorwing (let it do some of the things the bomber does, say).

Eldar_Atog
09-04-2014, 08:28 AM
No bomber?

Thats going to be a bitter pill for DE players to swallow.

Haven't ya'll said a couple of times that VoiceoftheChaosGods is not a reliable rumor source? If so, I would just ignore this and move on. We'll get more reliable rumors closer to the release.

Mr Mystery
09-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Haven't ya'll said a couple of times that VoiceoftheChaosGods is not a reliable rumor source? If so, I would just ignore this and move on. We'll get more reliable rumors closer to the release.

Indeed. And even if he is the voice of the chaos gods, do remember they're all liars. Especially Tzeentch.

daboarder
09-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Not all. But there is lilely a special place in hell for the General, the Monkey and the Voice

Cap'nSmurfs
09-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Drowned in salt for eternity, perhaps?

daboarder
09-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Drowned in salt for eternity, perhaps?

it would be poetic

eldargal
09-05-2014, 01:23 AM
Would like to believe there is a female archon model to be released.

Mr Mystery
09-05-2014, 02:00 AM
I'd be happy with a plastic Archon model with swapable chest plate. Then it can be whatever we wants it to be.

Can't see that being at all tricksy to make.

eldargal
09-06-2014, 05:04 AM
So apparently the Voidraven has been spotted, according to sources on Faeit, with a price of 81USD. As always, much salt, very scepticism. wow.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I hope the Female Archon and plastic Wracks rumours are true. I would of started a DE army, only I dislike working with resin/metal and prefer to go the all-plastic route so this would probably push me to doing an army.

Cap'nSmurfs
09-07-2014, 07:38 AM
I hope all those are true.

If the Voidraven costs that much, it'll surely be some kind of dual kit.

MajorWesJanson
09-08-2014, 02:18 AM
I hope all those are true.

If the Voidraven costs that much, it'll surely be some kind of dual kit.

Or it is just a biger flier model, and priced to match.

StraightSilver
09-10-2014, 07:58 AM
I had heard the Void Raven is roughly the same size as the Valk / Vendetta which is still pretty big for a flyer but $81 is a bit more than that kit which is $66.

I would speculate that it could be a dual build but it might just be that it is big, bearing in mind that although the Valk has a big footprint most of that is hollow due to the tail booms.

MajorWesJanson
09-10-2014, 10:01 AM
I had heard the Void Raven is roughly the same size as the Valk / Vendetta which is still pretty big for a flyer but $81 is a bit more than that kit which is $66.

I would speculate that it could be a dual build but it might just be that it is big, bearing in mind that although the Valk has a big footprint most of that is hollow due to the tail booms.

The Valk was also the first flier model released, and thus cheaper for it's size. If It came out these days, I'd expect it to be priced like the Storm Wolf.

From what I remember of the concept art, if the Razorwing is 7.5" long and 8" wide, the Void Raven is at least 2 inches wider, about 2 inches longer, and it also has the forward cockpit which is a bi transparent section, which probably adds to the price.

It's also probably 3 sprues, since while the Imperial fliers are large and boxy, they are made up of multiple smaller panels, while the DE Razorwing is a large single hull piece that takes up most of a sprue by itself, and the Void Raven is large enough that it has to be broken up to fit. It's also not hard to imagine that the Void Raven will not come with an obscene number of missiles like the razorwing, as it has those three and a fourth type, and can carry 4 missiles plus the void mine.

I'm doubting that it is a dual kit, as it was designed back before those became really popular. I'm just expecting it to take 3 sprues, plus large crystal plastic elements, which means GW will price it the same as the bulkier Storm Wolf which also uses 3 sprues.

40kGamer
09-10-2014, 10:11 AM
I will just be happy to get a Voidraven kit and 'hopefully' vector dancer on the fliers.

Bigred
09-10-2014, 04:27 PM

-Void Dragon is in the Dark Eldar Codex
-Incubis will be repacked but remain finecast

daboarder
09-10-2014, 06:05 PM
I think he means raven not dragon

eldargal
09-11-2014, 12:22 AM
I will just be happy to get a Voidraven kit and 'hopefully' vector dancer on the fliers.

This. Eldar flyers have them so Dark Eldar should also.

Krefey
09-11-2014, 12:53 AM
This. Eldar flyers have them so Dark Eldar should also.

The fluff for the Crimson hunters suggets they are even more nimble than the Dark Eldar fliers though.

eldargal
09-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Not really, it says they are designed to 'hunt down and destroy all types of aircraft - including those of the Dark Kin'. Nothing about being superior, just that they are designed to hunt them. Given the Hemlock Wraithwossname has Vector Dancer too and it isn't an interceptor there is no excuse for the DE flyers not to get it.

Mr Mystery
09-11-2014, 02:10 AM

Repackaged Incubi without a resculpt. Erm.....why? Already 5 to a box, how exactly do they repackage that?

Charon
09-11-2014, 02:44 AM
Maybe like the Dire Avengers... drop the price by 20% and half the content.
Clampacks of 2 - please your customer base.

Mr Mystery
09-11-2014, 02:46 AM
Nah. They're moving away from Clampacks, and the boxes are all minimum sized units at least (pretty sure they're all up that way, if not it's clearly what they're moving towards)

eldargal
09-11-2014, 02:51 AM
Well, minimum size of an incubi unit is 3, but seems ridiculous to spend money reboxing a Finecast unit like that. Are there are boxes of three human sized figures?

Mr Mystery
09-11-2014, 02:58 AM
Not that I can think of.

And let's face it - it would hella easier to make them 5+ rather than 3+, and add a transport space to the little skiff thingy wot's name I can't recall right now.

Rob-O
09-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Well, minimum size of an incubi unit is 3, but seems ridiculous to spend money reboxing a Finecast unit like that. Are there are boxes of three human sized figures?

Has there been any finecast that has just been repackaged? Can't think of any off hand (Here's hoping for plastic incubi). They did update/repack the tau stealth team *and* its a unit of 3.

MajorWesJanson
09-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Has there been any finecast that has just been repackaged? Can't think of any off hand (Here's hoping for plastic incubi). They did update/repack the tau stealth team *and* its a unit of 3.

The XV-25 team? That's plastic.

templarboy
09-11-2014, 08:18 PM
I am starting to suspect the DE rumours. Usually we have some sort of leaked grainy photo from Europe in German or Spanish by now. I am really hoping for some plastic Incubi. Those swords in Finecast will be a bendy nightmare like the sword on my Castellan Crowe. I just can't keep that ******* thing straight.

Houghten
09-12-2014, 12:10 AM
GW doesn't copy models from FW any more, they make their own versions. So that seems unlikely.

Just this April they released a plastic Hydra, after everybody had been saying "no more FW copies" for I don't even know how long.

So apparently the Voidraven has been spotted, according to sources on Faeit, with a price of 81USD. As always, much salt, very scepticism. wow.

Yeah, I refuse to get my hopes up about the Voidraven staying in the Codex.

The XV-25 team? That's plastic.

No, the XV15 team.

Mr Mystery
09-12-2014, 05:08 AM
But, Hydra existed in Epic first, long before FW did a 40k scale one.

As for the DE pics?

Sometimes we get them this early. If there's still nowt by Tuesday, more likely to be shenanigans :)

eldargal
09-12-2014, 05:11 AM
Yep, GW kits that were made by FW aren't the same as FW designed kits.

We onl got photos of Space Hulk a few days ago and it is due before Dark Eldar so I don't think we are overdue for DE pics yet.

Still more inclined to believe the earlier rumours of an Incubi plastic kit, and the Voidraven. Everything else is up in the air. I do hope the plastic female archon model is true though, especially if it has a couple of extra bits which you can use to make Malys.

Erik Setzer
09-12-2014, 05:23 AM
I am starting to suspect the DE rumours. Usually we have some sort of leaked grainy photo from Europe in German or Spanish by now.

They tend to come from the next week's White Dwarf, and this weekend's WD is mostly Space Hulk. The earliest we might expect something is next week, when we might see preorders of Dark Eldar stuff start showing up. So we'll see on Monday (maybe Tuesday).

Henry Cabot Henhaus III
09-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Dark Eldar codex and two other items have been removed from GW website. There were 35 items available now there are 32. I don't know what the other two were.

templarboy
09-12-2014, 04:49 PM
They tend to come from the next week's White Dwarf, and this weekend's WD is mostly Space Hulk. The earliest we might expect something is next week, when we might see preorders of Dark Eldar stuff start showing up. So we'll see on Monday (maybe Tuesday). I really hope I am wrong. I just started building a DE army. It would be great to get a new codex.

Charon
09-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Dark Eldar codex and two other items have been removed from GW website. There were 35 items available now there are 32. I don't know what the other two were.

As far as I can see no minis are missing. Just the Codex + Digital codex + Battleforce.

Bigred
09-13-2014, 09:46 AM
via one of gary's birds (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/wQxANLK6vy0/new-dark-eldar-haemonculous-and-wracks.html) 9-13-2014

There is a new Homonculous and new wracks :)

The Haemonculi has long hair which falls on his left and he looks more of an Archon with the body of a Haemonculous. Perhaps a new Ancient Haemonculous model. While the body and cloak look similar, there are differences, and the curved blade is in its right hand, with the splinter pistol in its left. There is a talon of sorts, that looks like a raptors talon, on a lower right appendage.

Mr Mystery
09-13-2014, 09:55 AM
A description - that's much more like it!

packard57
09-13-2014, 11:42 AM
In the bottom right hand corner of page27 in White Dwarf 33 it gives what I can only see is a hint . "Next Week Wrack your brains....

Bigred
09-13-2014, 11:00 PM
via the voices on the wind 9-14-2014

Look for two main weeks of Dark Eldar Releases followed by a possible trailing third week to clean up the odds and ends and possible be shared with the start of the End Times Chaos launch window:

Week 1: Haemonculi / Wracks (Sept 20th pre-orders)

Week 2: Voidraven / Vect-dias / possible 3rd unknown mini (Sept 27th pre-orders)

Plus these mixed in:
-Codex (plus limited edition)
-Supplemental codex ("Wyches"?)
-Painting Guide ("Covens"?)
-Cards

Kirsten
09-14-2014, 03:36 PM
definitely Dark Eldar next then, White Dwarf pics leaked online.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/KirstenIGMB/darkeldar_zps9de90424.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/darkeldar_zps9de90424.jpg.html)

Mr Mystery
09-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Oh yes, itsa very nice!

Agramar
09-14-2014, 04:28 PM
definitely Dark Eldar next then, White Dwarf pics leaked online.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/KirstenIGMB/darkeldar_zps9de90424.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/darkeldar_zps9de90424.jpg.html)
Yep from Beast of War.And some more info:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/dark-eldar-burst-shadows-warhammer-40k/

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Wracks and Haemonculous look great, so happy to see them in plastic finally.

darthken
09-14-2014, 09:27 PM
wow just a head change and a few tentacles removed (yawns)

Charon
09-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Wracks look like the finecast ones (which is good) but the haemie is lacking from this perspective. Also why do they all have to float?

Mr Mystery
09-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Wracks look like the finecast ones (which is good) but the haemie is lacking from this perspective. Also why do they all have to float?

Windy pops.

All those tortured souls are worse than cabbage water.

Charon
09-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Seems like the Succubus also has been removed from the GW shop.

eldargal
09-15-2014, 02:27 AM
Seems like the Succubus also has been removed from the GW shop.

Plastic model incoming or just a supply thing? Makes no sense to remove a character model otherwise.

Mr Mystery
09-15-2014, 02:50 AM
Plastic I reckon.

After all, plastic does allow you make a very dynamic model, and out of all the DE Characters, a Succubus would benefit most from this freedom of sculpting. Plus, given the general lack of armour on one, you don't need the material to carry much very fine detail :)

eldargal
09-15-2014, 03:07 AM
Wonder if we will get a plastic succubus and archon, o if the plastic female archon rumour was actually a misidentification of the succubus. Less likely is a dual character kit, both legs and torso would need to be different for a succubus/archon.

Mr Mystery
09-15-2014, 03:15 AM
More or less what I was thinking.

Charon
09-15-2014, 03:46 AM
I guess it will be a plastic succubus which was mistaken for a female archon. Which could also point to a Wych supplement.

ursvamp
09-15-2014, 06:01 AM
Plastic I reckon.

But why would they remove the finecast model? (It looked good, and was up to date with the aesthetics.)
While the fine cast haemie-model is not removed, yet we Know that that one is coming?

Only reason I can think of is if the new plastic haemi is labeled as "ancient haemonculus" and the current one left as a standard haemie, in order to provide "plentiness".

what do you guys think?

Mr Mystery
09-15-2014, 06:09 AM
Makes sense to me!

Havik110
09-15-2014, 08:12 AM
But why would they remove the finecast model? (It looked good, and was up to date with the aesthetics.)
While the fine cast haemie-model is not removed, yet we Know that that one is coming?

Only reason I can think of is if the new plastic haemi is labeled as "ancient haemonculus" and the current one left as a standard haemie, in order to provide "plentiness".

what do you guys think?

your not calling the resin "I love you this much" hemo a good model are you? now while it is better than some of the old models, it is currently in the Im gonna stick my arms out as far as I can with weapons pointed in different directions pose which is actually worse than the "leds stick the bolder into my hip pose that SMs have had for ever...

- - - Updated - - -

the wracks look like fine cast IMO as well but I don't remember the claw on the wrack with the hex rifle...

also the heamos are extremely eccentric...I don't get the tentacle but they might not want to touch their feet to ground that isn't in their lab maybe...I like the asthenic personally...

Charon
09-15-2014, 08:27 AM
the wracks look like fine cast IMO as well but I don't remember the claw on the wrack with the hex rifle...

Not identical but the style is the same.

also the heamos are extremely eccentric...I don't get the tentacle but they might not want to touch their feet to ground that isn't in their lab maybe...I like the asthenic personally...

One of them? fine. All 3 of them... meh. They don't float around in the books either.

phoenix01
09-15-2014, 10:01 AM
From today's What's new on GW.

"Sickle blades, hypodermic syringes filled with virulent toxins, flayed skin robes and lots of screaming. Would could this possibly mean?

Be here on Saturday 20th if you want to find out more. And you surely do, it sounds so… tempting?"

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=4807951

ursvamp
09-15-2014, 10:15 AM
your not calling the resin "I love you this much" hemo a good model are you?

No, I'm calling the resin Succubus model, that we were talking about, a good model.
The point was that I can't see why it being gone from the GWwebsite should be a sign of it getting updated into plastic, when the haemimodel (which we know is coming in plastic) has not been taken away.

edit: Though I do not dislike the Finecast Haemimodel either. ;)

Bigred
09-15-2014, 10:58 AM
via barjed (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?399466-Dark-Eldar-Rumours&p=7271482&viewfull=1#post7271482) on Warseer 9-15-2014

Okay, I have the new WD with me.

Wracks get a new ranged weapon called Ossefactor.

"Each Wrack has access to (...) hooked blades and studded claws, (...) power mauls, (...), to (...)hex rifles, liquifiers and ossefactors". Power weapons for Wracks! Acothyst can take ECW, Scissorhand, Mindphase Gauntlet.

5 Wracks in a box, 29 eur. 11 different heads inside. Its not a dual kit.

This one is interesting. There are bits in the box that allow you to replace the crew of Raiders and Venoms for Wrack pilots and gunners!

Plastic Wracks look almost indentical to the Finecast ones.

New Haemy is 20 eur, looks like a cross between Urien (he has a syringe) and the old Haemy.

No codex yet.

Next week "it came from the void".

edit: here you go http://imgur.com/18cHzt6

...The it's worded in WD, I think it's ECW, Mindphase and Xhand for Acothyst, while the rest of the gear applies to regular Wracks (It explicitly states that every Wrack can equip a Power Maul)

cthulhuchewtoy
09-15-2014, 12:08 PM
My thoughts exactly on the special characters. Orks lost some and I can see DE losing the same.

Unfortunately recent codex seem to indicate 40k is moving away from x special character alters FoC and favoring dataslates and formations instead. So I sadly think we will see special characters like the Duke, who significantly alter the way an army functions, go to the wayside.

Unless you're a space marine. The Emperorah's finest have an image to maintain

Erik Setzer
09-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Well now. Venoms and Raiders crewed by Wracks? This is certainly new. Haemonculus army on the horizon, or are they just giving people the ability to crew the dedicated transports for these units to match the unit? Even if it's just the latter, I think that's a neat option.

eldargal
09-16-2014, 12:58 AM
Well now. Venoms and Raiders crewed by Wracks? This is certainly new. Haemonculus army on the horizon, or are they just giving people the ability to crew the dedicated transports for these units to match the unit? Even if it's just the latter, I think that's a neat option.
The DE transport kits released so far had wych and kabalite crews so giving wrack crews just completes that set. Really easy to convert venom wyches to go on a raider and raider kabalites to go on a venom but because there are no wracks hanging off the sides I'm guessing it's just some driver/gunner arms to go on the pilote and gunner spots.

I like everyhing, new haemonculus is much nicer than the old one which isn't bad but very plain, totes an apprentice haemonculus.

StraightSilver
09-16-2014, 02:14 AM
Jes did say when the Dark Eldar got their reboot that he had originally intended for the Raider and Venom to have Kabbalite, Wych and Wrack passengers / crew.

He had sussed how to do Kabbalites and Wyches by putting one in the raider and one in the Venom but had been scratching his head over how to do the Wracks.

Now we know, probably find the new plastic Wracks were done just so Jes could complete the set and scratch his OCD itch, lol. :)

I have to say though that everything is, as expected, looking lovely.

All a bit annoying though as I already have a 1750pt Wych Cult army and had excused not doing a Coven army because I hate Finecast, but now Wracks are plastic I can get lots of lovely pain engines and field the Hell Raiser army of my dreams.....

Bugger.... ;)

Mr Mystery
09-16-2014, 03:05 AM
I am like!

And a cunning move adding the crew models to the boxed set - it's possible even existing Covens will pick up the odd box to properly crew their rides!

Hurr.....hurr hurr! Hurr hurr hurr!!!! GIMP MY RIDE!

eldargal
09-16-2014, 03:34 AM
Yup well I don't even use wracks (I only own ten) but I'll be buying some more 'cos they so pretty.

Mr Mystery
09-16-2014, 03:36 AM
No punished MRA's to drive the ladies about in style?

eldargal
09-16-2014, 03:37 AM
No punished MRA's to drive the ladies about in style?

That is such a brilliant idea.

Mr Mystery
09-16-2014, 03:39 AM
Yeah I know. It's one of mine :p

eldargal
09-16-2014, 03:44 AM
Now I need to model some little fedoras out of greenstuff. Maybe write some fanfic too.

OHGODOHGODOHGODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAARGHOHSTOPPLEASEDEAREMPERORSTOPSTOPAAHAA AAAHWAAAAAAAHAAAAPLEASESTOPYEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHNONONONONONONONONO

Mr Mystery
09-16-2014, 03:45 AM
Sounds a worthy challenge!

And an 'ouch' of limited sympathy for the quote!

eldargal
09-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Ooh it is an actual wrack gunner and pilot:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2CYqqA7mBmM/VBc1GjE7lpI/AAAAAAABOg4/yWXR-23Row4/s1600/IMG-20140915-WA0008.jpg
source (http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com.es/)

Mr Mystery
09-16-2014, 05:21 AM
I clocked that from one of the photos.

Man, I need to resist this and stick to Mechanicum plan!

Havik110
09-16-2014, 05:35 AM
can someone explain to me why in the age of camera phones with decent cameras, people still take pictures that look like this?

if you take a picture of a page with an iphone or galaxy you should be able to grab the entire page in reading condition...I swear GW leaks stuff themselves at this point because anyone else trying to leak something wouldnt do such a crappy job...

eldargal
09-16-2014, 05:36 AM
I'd be more interested in knowing how come in an age of camera phones and abundant cheap electronics no one can manage to film GW/FW seminars at Games Day (still not over this). But yours is a good question also.

Eldar_Atog
09-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Perhaps it is caused by a gravity distortion. Lord knows that GW's ego is massive enough.

Erik Setzer
09-16-2014, 11:56 AM
can someone explain to me why in the age of camera phones with decent cameras, people still take pictures that look like this?

if you take a picture of a page with an iphone or galaxy you should be able to grab the entire page in reading condition...I swear GW leaks stuff themselves at this point because anyone else trying to leak something wouldnt do such a crappy job...

I have an iPhone 3G still (not even 3GS), because it works and I'd rather spend my money on new figures than replace my phone. It doesn't take particularly impressive photos, they're about as good as what you see here (though I'd avoid the light reflecting off some shots).

Just because super-mega-camera-phones exist doesn't mean everyone has one. Heck, I also know people who still don't have a phone with those goodies (because they can't afford one).

40kGamer
09-16-2014, 12:02 PM
I have an iPhone 3G still (not even 3GS), because it works and I'd rather spend my money on new figures than replace my phone. It doesn't take particularly impressive photos, they're about as good as what you see here (though I'd avoid the light reflecting off some shots).

Just because super-mega-camera-phones exist doesn't mean everyone has one. Heck, I also know people who still don't have a phone with those goodies (because they can't afford one).

Pfft! I still have an old Samsung flip phone, because when it comes to upgrading technology I don't give a rat's furry ***! :D

Bigred
09-16-2014, 12:31 PM
via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/09/white-dwarf-34-przecieki-2-leaks-2.html) 9-16-2014

Havik110
09-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Reading some of the pages that have come out legible it says that urien takes out his pain engines and wracks to war but says nothing about grots...I hope they wouldnt but I think there may be a chance that they have removed grots from the book...there is nothing about grots in the white dwarf that Ive read...

Agramar
09-16-2014, 05:06 PM
More pics from Poland
http://miniwojna.blogspot.com/2014/09/nowi-mroczni-eldarzy-new-dark-eldars.html

ursvamp
09-16-2014, 06:30 PM
nvm.

Archon Charybdis
09-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Grotesques do have an existing model, albeit mono-posed and Finecast, but they wouldn't need to drop it for legal reasons the way they have with units that have no models.

Lucidum
09-16-2014, 11:53 PM
Grotesques do have an existing model, albeit mono-posed and Finecast, but they wouldn't need to drop it for legal reasons the way they have with units that have no models.

The Grotesque is also prohibitively expensive to run in squads as it is in Finecast. I’d like to see them do a Grotesque kit a la Ogryns, that would be nice.

eldargal
09-17-2014, 03:19 AM
I suspect grotesques would be next on the list of kits to do

Mr Mystery
09-17-2014, 03:24 AM
And just because it's not mentioned in this WD, does not mean it is not coming.

Charon
09-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Talking about expensive... 5 Wracks for € 30 is not exactly encuraging building an army around them. If they dont get massive buffs (and thus not stay at 10 points) you basically pay € 60 for just 100 points of troops.

Mr Mystery
09-17-2014, 03:45 AM
If you don't put other equipment or upgrades on them.

Plus - GW models - a bit expensive? Whoddathunkit.

Erik Setzer
09-17-2014, 04:37 AM
Talking about expensive... 5 Wracks for € 30 is not exactly encuraging building an army around them. If they dont get massive buffs (and thus not stay at 10 points) you basically pay € 60 for just 100 points of troops.

And now you get to see what Ork players dealt with given the price of the new Mek Gunz, $230 for a unit that with maximum upgrades and the most expensive guns is still less than 200 points (and the guns aren't that big, despite being priced higher than many vehicles, including Wave Serpents).

Mr Mystery
09-17-2014, 04:57 AM
And now you get to see what Ork players dealt with given the price of the new Mek Gunz, $230 for a unit that with maximum upgrades and the most expensive guns is still less than 200 points (and the guns aren't that big, despite being priced higher than many vehicles, including Wave Serpents).

They is ded shooty though. I will get a battery of them. Some day. Probably bit by bit, rather than a single splurge.

DrLove42
09-17-2014, 05:14 AM
I suspect grotesques would be next on the list of kits to do

I suspect this is why weve not seen them yet. They dont want to flash all the new kits yet

Path Walker
09-17-2014, 06:35 AM

Size isn't the deciding factor as the material its made of it relativly cheap, the difference in plastic cost of a wave serpent and a Mek Gun is negligable, its complexity of the mold, and the fact that a box is a box, you have to transport it, pack it, stock in and pay someone to sell it, they're similar costs no matter the model, things that have a higher turnover, like Tactical Squads, Wave Serpents and such, can be a lower price as they will make it up in volume, Big Gunz aren't going to be a big seller so are going to cost more.

I have 3 myself (all you need for a unit, 5 seems to be overkill to me) and they're great models really well done, don't forget each comes with 5 grots as well, which are mostly interchangeable with the existing grot models for that all important Orky uniquness.

Vlad78
09-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Size isn't the deciding factor as the material its made of it relativly cheap, the difference in plastic cost of a wave serpent and a Mek Gun is negligable, its complexity of the mold, and the fact that a box is a box, you have to transport it, pack it, stock in and pay someone to sell it, they're similar costs no matter the model, things that have a higher turnover, like Tactical Squads, Wave Serpents and such, can be a lower price as they will make it up in volume, Big Gunz aren't going to be a big seller so are going to cost more.

I have 3 myself (all you need for a unit, 5 seems to be overkill to me) and they're great models really well done, don't forget each comes with 5 grots as well, which are mostly interchangeable with the existing grot models for that all important Orky uniquness.

Come one, there has to be a difference between smaller and bigger kits with more materials and bigger molds and more sprues.
Furthermore Kirby himself confessed GW enjoyed a 75% benefit on average for each product they sell. (and I suspect it's much higher)

Erik Setzer
09-17-2014, 10:38 AM

I don't see why Mek Gunz would sell fewer models than Wave Serpents. You can run five Mek Gunz in one slot, and they did their best to try to make you buy multiples if you want to swap weapons (you can fudge it, granted). You're not going to have many more than five Wave Serpents in an army. The boxes aren't as big as the Wave Serpent, and I doubt the molds are that much more complex (if at all).

For me, I'm sticking with my older artillery. People have no problem with me using Pulsa Rokkits as "Bubble Chukkas," for example. If I need others, I'll convert them. But heck, they stuffed Heavy Support so tight that it's often hard to find room for even one gun battery (with the new Orkanauts, Lootas now in there, Flash Gitz, Battlewagons, Looted Wagons, Deff Dreads, and Killer Kanz).

Houghten
09-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Well, you partly answered your own question with the stiff competition for Heavy Support, but maybe also because Mek Gunz cost more pounds than they do points?

Path Walker
09-17-2014, 11:46 AM
I don't see why Mek Gunz would sell fewer models than Wave Serpents. You can run five Mek Gunz in one slot, and they did their best to try to make you buy multiples if you want to swap weapons (you can fudge it, granted). You're not going to have many more than five Wave Serpents in an army. The boxes aren't as big as the Wave Serpent, and I doubt the molds are that much more complex (if at all).

For me, I'm sticking with my older artillery. People have no problem with me using Pulsa Rokkits as "Bubble Chukkas," for example. If I need others, I'll convert them. But heck, they stuffed Heavy Support so tight that it's often hard to find room for even one gun battery (with the new Orkanauts, Lootas now in there, Flash Gitz, Battlewagons, Looted Wagons, Deff Dreads, and Killer Kanz).

Eldar are a more popular army, Wave serpents are a more popular choice, loads of reasons.

And the molds are much, much more complicated than the Wave Serpent, the level of detail is above and beyond because its a much newer kit.

Anyway, as stated, price isn't dependant soley on volume of plastic or points cost, but more on predicted sales volume and costs, like with any business, there are many factors that weigh into it, the "goblin index" is a thing, but you can't use that to make a loss on a model.

deathadder
09-17-2014, 01:46 PM
when a haemonculus is more expensive than Urien, thats odd. Though, I suppose we havent factored in extra bits yet. there was a rumor going around that the Wracks have bits to convert your vehicle crew...now if thats in addition to the normal bits, I'd say its well worth the price

Erik Setzer
09-17-2014, 07:16 PM
when a haemonculus is more expensive than Urien, thats odd. Though, I suppose we havent factored in extra bits yet. there was a rumor going around that the Wracks have bits to convert your vehicle crew...now if thats in addition to the normal bits, I'd say its well worth the price

Given that the White Dwarf has photos of Raiders and Venoms with Wrack crew, I'd say it's not a "rumor." The conversion article is to add other bits to your Raiders to make them even more... um, Wrack-y? Stuff like the tentacles and all from the Talos kit.

StraightSilver
09-18-2014, 02:07 AM
AFAIK there are enough bits to make 5 Wracks with lots of options plus 2 vehicle crew / hangers on.

So sort of 7 models in the box.

That's the impression I get, could be wrong but there are apparently loads of bits left over to use on other models.

DWest
09-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Here's a thought, would it be possible to mix 2x box of Wracks and 1x box of Warriors (or maybe Wyches, to get the melee arms) to make a total of 20 Wracks? Using spare bits to dress up the Warriors as Wracks who are still in the process of being "enlightened" by the Haemonculi?

Eldar_Atog
09-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Here's a thought, would it be possible to mix 2x box of Wracks and 1x box of Warriors (or maybe Wyches, to get the melee arms) to make a total of 20 Wracks? Using spare bits to dress up the Warriors as Wracks who are still in the process of being "enlightened" by the Haemonculi?

It would be a pain to convert but mandrakes might look better for this instead of warriors. They also have the kilts and bare chests like the wracks do. I am doubtful that the mandrakes rules will change enough to make them worth taking outside of fluff games. My 10 mandrake models will probably spend the next 5-6 years serving as chaos cultists.

Mr Mystery
09-18-2014, 02:14 PM
I dunno, give Mandrakes Rending, and you've got a pretty pokey unit.

Whether they get it or not is quite another thing :)

Eldar_Atog
09-18-2014, 02:42 PM

I sure wouldn't turn down rending. My preference would be to add deep strike and to start with a pain token. That would let them harrass support units with their shooting attack and give them a chance during CC.

Sorry to wish list but they have such a nice model... it's a shame that their rules lumped them on the shelf with my banshees.

Charon
09-18-2014, 03:08 PM

You can give them AP2, auto wound and hatred and they would still be a bad unit.
The combination of no AR, 6" movement, no granades, high point cost and T3 is whats killing them. They have the same problems as Banshees while manage to be even worse.

Andrew Thomas
09-19-2014, 12:43 AM
http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/

I see the Dormer is strong with this one.

- - - Updated - - -

You can give them AP2, auto wound and hatred and they would still be a bad unit.
The combination of no AR, 6" movement, no granades, high point cost and T3 is whats killing them. They have the same problems as Banshees while manage to be even worse.

An ability to ignore terrain on the charge, HoW, Shrouded, and Deathleaper's pop out of nowhere ability could help, especially if you could spam it. The real problem is making Outflanking/Deep Striking a viable tactic with them.

Mr Mystery
09-19-2014, 02:26 AM

AR? sorry, I think I'm having a thick day today.

Charon
09-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Save

Charon
09-19-2014, 10:53 AM
http://natfka.blogspot.se/2014/09/fear-voidraven-bomber-revealed.html

Houghten
09-19-2014, 01:54 PM
http://natfka.blogspot.se/2014/09/fear-voidraven-bomber-revealed.html

Isn't that just the current codex art?

DanTheGameMan
09-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I believe so. I think he just put up the closest thing he could find in the absence of any actual pics.

Charon
09-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Maybe. But GW has a habit of recycling older artworks for WD. The Coven artwork in the current WD is not new either.

DanTheGameMan
09-19-2014, 02:53 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/

DE up for preorder. Haemy looks really good in hi def pics.

Charon
09-19-2014, 03:10 PM
The sprue is underwhelming. No extras and 5 € more than Urien and the old Haemy.

Also counting the models in the Wrack sprue, the Gunner and Driver for Venom/Raider are not in addition to the 5 Wracks but instead of 2 of them.... 5 Models in total.

Agramar
09-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Codex cover and Raiders of Commorragh painting guide revealed,from Germany:
http://waaaghgaming.de/sieht-aus-wie-das-cover-des-dark-eldar-codex/
http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/09/ultimahoraportada-del-code-eldar-oscuros.html

I think Swanland is the artist of the cover

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Lol, the sound FX in that how to paint wracks video sounds like the start of a 90's skinny puppy album. Ironic since the DE look a bit like a 90's industrial band too.

Cover is nice, but it doesnt really blow me away like some of the others but it's certainly not bad! The Wracks are nice, but I wouldnt buy them - I prefer the skinnier more wiry and slightly floaty looking ones from the art that have more arms ect, but as I said - these are great models regardless.

Bigred
09-19-2014, 11:19 PM
via La Taberna De Laurana (http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/2014/09/rumores-resumen-de-las-novedades-de-gw.html) and waaaghgaming.de (http://waaaghgaming.de/sieht-aus-wie-das-cover-des-dark-eldar-codex/) 9-20-2014

eldargal
09-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Wracks are nice, look better with the exposed musculature paintjob on the GW site, very icky. Haemonculus is an improvement on the old one, bit more variety of bits would have been nice. Should be easy to convert it with wrack bits though.

White Tiger88
09-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Wracks are nice, look better with the exposed musculature paintjob on the GW site, very icky. Haemonculus is an improvement on the old one, bit more variety of bits would have been nice. Should be easy to convert it with wrack bits though.

Really? I think they look nasty........To body build for my taste.........(Plus they are elfs.....not spacemarines......)

eldargal
09-20-2014, 12:09 AM
I put that down to haemonculus meddling.

White Tiger88
09-20-2014, 12:12 AM
I put that down to haemonculus meddling.

Still.........Would not surprise me to see limited edition "Spacemarines without armor" Sculpts coming out that are these models with a few changes..........

Deadlift
09-20-2014, 01:17 AM
The Wrack prices are pretty good, I'm surprised. The Haemonculus in comparison is quite pricy, but still cheaper than many other GW character sculpts. I don't like the Haemonculus, it's a bit too emo "my chemical romance" cliché for me. The Wracks are really nice.

Wolfrahm
09-20-2014, 01:36 AM
I have 15 of the finecast wracks and 2 of the hammies and a metal Rackharth already. They need to come up with something big for me to buy. Plastics are nice but....

eldargal
09-20-2014, 02:24 AM
Los of new bits in the plastic kit to customise squads with, the Finecast set is a little plain.

Should see leaked Voidraven pictures in the next 2-5 days, excite.

Mr Mystery
09-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Los of new bits in the plastic kit to customise squads with, the Finecast set is a little plain.

Should see 'leaked' Voidraven pictures in the next 2-5 days, excite.

FTFY :p

Erik Setzer
09-20-2014, 08:42 AM

The really funny thing, to me, about the exposed musculature paintjob, is that our local GW store manager was already doing an army in that style, a 1000 point Unbound Haemonculus based list with converted models for various things like Grotesques and Talos and, IIRC, converting the Beastmen's giant model into a "Wraithknight" (uses those rules, but would look like they captured a giant beast and added attachments and all). It was rather awesome looking, inspired by "Attack on Titan."

Here's some of the stuff he was showing on a Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2375487814/permalink/10152365950587815/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2375487814/permalink/10152277171832815/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2375487814/permalink/10152222881577815/

He started that project in July (might have been late June?), so definitely before the alternate scheme Wracks were shown. There's been more work done on it since, but, well, guy's gotta run a store, and recently has had to paint up a Nagash model, so it ended up on the side. But an army done in that style does look pretty impressive.

The Sovereign
09-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Just show me the Vect. The bomber sounds nice, but I always liked the jet better.

Also, while I love the look of the new haemi, I'd like to see a height comparison between it and Urien Rakarth. Always bugged me that the no-name Finecast haemis were bigger than him...

Wolfrahm
09-20-2014, 11:48 AM
I already have a void raven so the kit will have to be very impressive and not so $$$ for me to get.

Has anyone noticed the arm is wrong in the codex cover pic that is up? It's not the left arm holding the blade, it's a right. The thumb is up!

Aldavaer
09-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Has anyone noticed the arm is wrong in the codex cover pic that is up? It's not the left arm holding the blade, it's a right. The thumb is up!

He is a haemonculus, maybe he felt that two right arms would be more useful :rolleyes:

StraightSilver
09-22-2014, 03:08 AM
It looks as though the Scissorhand on the new Ancient Haemonculus is exactly the same as the one on the new plastic Wracks.

I know that isn't all that exciting but it does mean that the arms on both kits should be easily interchangeable meaning a fair few uses out of the clam pack model.

And I was slightly wrong on the plastic Wracks box. Looks like you just get the Venom pilot, to make the gunner for Venom / Raider uses up one of the Wracks, which is a shame.

Agramar
09-22-2014, 07:26 AM
Voidraven and covers of WDW and Visions:
http://www.talkwargaming.com/2014/09/leaks-void-raven-codex-inbound-for-dark.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Talkwargaming+%28TalkWargamin g%29

DanTheGameMan
09-22-2014, 07:43 AM
whoaaa, looks pretty sweet. Wish there was a higher-res photo. Also, I hadn't heard anything before about that combobox before. Could be cool

Charon
09-22-2014, 07:45 AM
I guess the combo boxes will be Wyches + Raider and Kabalites + Raider. Like the Cadian Armored Fist we saw with Astra Militarum release.

The Voidraven is underwhelming... looks almost exactly like every double Razorwing kitbash out there :(

eldargal
09-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Love the voidraven, and those combo boxes will be handy especially since itsd a 7EU saving if it is a raider+wyches/warriors set.

Bigred
09-22-2014, 09:39 AM
via Warseer's Felwether: 9-22-2014
Dark Eldar week 2 releases:

Codex & Datacards

Voidraven Bomber €62

Kabalite Skysplinter (combo box) €45

Wych Cult Swiftshard (combo box) €45

Painting Guide

Rebirth (novel)

0rph3u5
09-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Finally the Voidraven ... I've been waiting for that model since 5th Ed. Dex (its 2nd only to a model of Lady Malys); the design looks nice but I'm a bit on the fence about the double cockpits. This does not line up with the existing fluff of Razorwing/Voidravenpilots being the most accomplished and vain Reaver racers out there - that made not exactly for the a picture of teamplayers

DWest
09-22-2014, 10:46 AM
If you read the Voidraven entry in the Codex, they specifically mention the 2nd cockpit on the nose for the bombardier. Basically the void mine is so complex that it requires the undivided attention of a single crewmember to operate, and it makes a big enough boom that the pilot is willing to split the glory.

Agramar
09-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Last leaks from Poland
http://miniwojna.blogspot.com/2014/09/ponownie-mroczni-eldarzy-dark-eldars.html
Prices!

Mr Mystery
09-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Void Raven is absolutely gorgeous!

Agramar
09-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Last leaks from Poland
http://miniwojna.blogspot.com/2014/09/ponownie-mroczni-eldarzy-dark-eldars.html
Prices!
Some more:
http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/
And the pics here united:
http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/09/ultima-horaprecios-confirmados.html

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
next week "The nobility of commoragh"

I guess that confirms Vect gets a model. I hope it's a duel kit with a new unit though.

Agramar
09-22-2014, 01:02 PM
next week "The nobility of commoragh"

I guess that confirms Vect gets a model. I hope it's a duel kit with a new unit though.

Maybe even more.Vect on foot and in a new thorne is a fact I think

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Maybe even more.Vect on foot and in a new thorne is a fact I think

Hope so, I didn't like how that space wolves model was so limited - and isn't the Dais meant to be quite large?

Warhound
09-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Take a look at the limited edition on Grot Orderly's site. A pic of a new Archon model?

DWest
09-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Hope so, I didn't like how that space wolves model was so limited - and isn't the Dais meant to be quite large?
The Dais is described as a "modified Raider", so probably won't be much bigger.

Defenestratus
09-22-2014, 01:38 PM
The Hemlock looks at the voidraven and says "I feel inadequate in every way".

That being said, that voidraven must be a great model because it thoroughly disgusts me. Most DE Models elicit nausea from me, however I cannot look at that for more than a couple seconds without getting ill :P

Bigred
09-22-2014, 01:44 PM
via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/09/white-dwarf-35-przecieki-leaks.html) 9-22-2014

Dark Eldar Codex
30 pounds / 39 euros / 49.50 USD

Dracon Edition (Limited Edition: 1000)
- Codex Dark Eldar
- Raiders of Commoragh
- 6 objective markers
- hardback slipcase
110 pounds / 145 euros / 180 USD

Archon Edition (Limited Edition: 500)
- Codex Dark Eldar
- Raiders of Commoragh
- Haemonculus Covens supplement
- 6 objective markers
- hardback slipcase
150 pounds / 200 euros / 250 USD

Voidraven Bomber
48 pounds / 62 euros / 80 USD

Wych Cult Swiftshard
10 Dark Eldar Wyches & Hekatrix plus Raider

Kabalite Skysplinter
10 kabalite Warriors (op. Sybarite) plus Raider

Data Cards
5 pounds / 6.50 euros / 8 USD

Raiders of Commoragh
20 pounds / 26 euros / 33 USD

Warhound
09-22-2014, 01:46 PM

Mr Mystery
09-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Datacards include 6 Combat Drug cards.

Sounds like they're going more prominent in the book!

http://dump.partyflock.nl/8525/Drugs_are_bad_mkay.jpg

StraightSilver
09-22-2014, 01:59 PM
This might not sound much but the Void Raven has a brand new crystal canopy.

These are very expensive to produce which is why GW usually incorporate existing ones into models. For example the crystal canopy used on the Venom is the same as the one on the Razorwing, Crimson Hunter, Eldar War Walker, and the Marine one is reused on Storm Fang, Storm Raven, Storm Talon etc.

Obviously there are some exceptions, the Valkyrie crystal canopy is only reused on the Vulture but generally speaking they are reused on other kits.

The only reason I mention it is that as it's distinctly Dark Eldar / Eldar and is quite a big and probably expensive piece that I would be very surprised if it wasn't used again for another kit.

Obviously pure speculation but quite exciting if it means we get more large Eldar vehicles.

Agramar
09-22-2014, 02:00 PM
huummm...what's that?a new archon?Nice...

Mr Mystery
09-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Dark Eldar and Eldar have different canopies :)

Detailing on the DE is suitably spikier!

Charon
09-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Datacards include 6 Combat Drug cards.

Sounds like they're going more prominent in the book!

http://dump.partyflock.nl/8525/Drugs_are_bad_mkay.jpg

The previous icarnation of the (random) Drug Table also had 6 results. Dont see how you conclude that Drugs will be "more prominent" just because the offer 6 Cards for them.
What you can conclude is:
1) Drugs are still random
2) There are no psykers in the codex with their own lore as the drugs replace the PSI cards which are normally included in the package (see Grey Knights: Tactical Cards + Sanctic Cards)

StraightSilver
09-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Dark Eldar and Eldar have different canopies :)

Detailing on the DE is suitably spikier!

Ah, my bad, in which case ignore me. :)

I don't collect the sissy Eldar, only their much cooler BDSM loving cousins.... :)

Anggul
09-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Loving how they've done the crystal pod on the Voidraven. The whole thing looks big and scary but sleek and deadly at the same time.

Looks like a new Archon model too?

Mr Mystery
09-22-2014, 02:44 PM
The previous icarnation of the (random) Drug Table also had 6 results. Dont see how you conclude that Drugs will be "more prominent" just because the offer 6 Cards for them.
What you can conclude is:
1) Drugs are still random
2) There are no psykers in the codex with their own lore as the drugs replace the PSI cards which are normally included in the package (see Grey Knights: Tactical Cards + Sanctic Cards)

If they need cards, I'm betting their affects will be more prominent than simple stat boosts or USRs.

Charon
09-22-2014, 02:52 PM
If they need cards, I'm betting their affects will be more prominent than simple stat boosts or USRs.

They probably dont "need" cards but its the only thing thats random and can be packed together with objectives instead of PSI (which also is not "more prominent" and has cards too)

Defenestratus
09-22-2014, 02:53 PM

They don't *need* cards for psychic powers either but at $8 a deck, dumbass people like myself buy them.

Charon
09-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Crappy Pics of the new Archon (2nd is a kitbash):

http://postimg.org/image/kkqtznmqz/
http://postimg.org/image/vw3fjges3/

I really dislike the static pose...
So far the new minis did not convince me to buy some... I want Juan Diaz back :(

StraightSilver
09-22-2014, 03:21 PM
I'll admit that legs are a bit wonky but other than that, it's a plastic Archon!!!! :)

Or at least I am guessing it's a plastic clam pack Archon.

Either way that's awesome as the conversion possibilities will be endless.

Having said that the current Archon model is really nice, just wish it wasn't Finecast.

Houghten
09-22-2014, 03:33 PM
The Hemlock looks at the voidraven and says "I feel inadequate in every way".
Dude, the Hemlock looks at a pair of D-scythe toting Wraithguard and says that same thing.

Agramar
09-22-2014, 04:01 PM

So far the new minis did not convince me to buy some... I want Juan Diaz back :(
hummpfff very rigid.My first impressions aren't good

MarneusCalgar
09-22-2014, 05:24 PM

Last June I had the opportunity to assist to Juan Diaz´s Masterclass here in Spain, in a hobby event at Zaragoza...

You should be surprised at how he managed to sculpt the Dark Eldar, specially the Grotesque xD

ursvamp
09-22-2014, 07:13 PM

Hahaha omg, there was one thing I really disliked abouth the 5th ed revamp, and it was that they felt the need to have a bareheaded archon on the cover, and that not-to-my-tastes head he had. Ican't believe they actually made a model out of it!! xD

That being said I like that the Nosferatu/Vampire pose he's doing in the first picture is avaiible, but I wouldn't prefer it on my archon, personally. However I really, really, really, really, really, like the secon picture (the kitbashed one) It looooooks aawesome. adn eally shows of the possibilites for kitbashing, personalising and what you can really do with the kit. I like it, that pose is awesome once you realise it as a template for "sculpting your own Archon"... The possiblities. I will most definatley pick this kit up :) (Hope it comes also with a plastic version of my favorite Archon head (the goatlooking one). Seeing as it's on the cover, and the resemblance of the cloak on the model to the cloak on the cover, maybe there is hope for it. Well. We'll see, eventually :) )