PDA

View Full Version : Building a Battle-Forged army?

Lost Vyper
06-28-2014, 01:47 AM
Hi!

This is might be a stupid question, but the Army Builder hasnīt been updated...sooo...

If i want to build a same kind of force (Battle-Forged, not Unbound), that i used to have in the 6th edition "double FOC" list, does it go like this?

1. First, i choose the Primary detachment (fe. Eldar), as shown in page 122 Combined Arms Detachment
2. BUT, when i want MORE Eldar, do i just add an HQ + 2 x TROOPS + 1 x each remaining slots?
3. And even in bigger matches, do i repeat step 2?

Sometimes the wording in the BRB can be challenging...:D

Eberk
06-28-2014, 02:50 AM
I think you may select as many "Combined Arms" and "Allied" detachments as you like.

So a double FOC list would correspond to 2 "Combined Arms" detachments

The HQ + 2 x Troops + 1 x each remaining slot you mention is the "Allied" detachment so this can never be Eldar because your "Combined Arms" detachment is also Eldar (one of the restrictions of Allied detachment is that they must be from another faction then your primary detachment - the one your Warlord comes from)

So just add more "Combined Arms" detachments if you want to play larger battles with your Eldar.

Lost Vyper
06-28-2014, 03:38 AM
Okay then, i was kinda off? :)...the Allies is easier to choose and use...thanks!

John Bower
06-28-2014, 03:22 PM
The easiest way to do it in Army Builder would be to check the 'apocalypse' box. That way it won't throw any errors at you about your organisation. The other alternative and is easier at the moment is to use Battlescribe for multiple lists like that one. It lets you take as many detachments as you like already. :) Even the AB40k maintainers have said that the Apocalypse option is the only way right now to do any list beyond 2 + 2 detachments. or for that matter even 2 detachments at below 2k without getting errors. Just keep a note of how many HQ and troops etc. you have; it's a little more complex but still a lot easier than pen & paper.