PDA

View Full Version : Da Red Waaaagh! Mystery Solved

Cap'nSmurfs
06-24-2014, 12:38 PM
So, a front page post about a mystery. How mysterious!

Here's the answer to what The Red Waaagh! is:

It's either a supplement or an Apocalypse warzone.

Check the Timeline in the new Rulebook, fairly near the end. What's that - it's an entry called... called The Red Waaagh? Most of those timeline events now relate to books that are being released (supplements, or Warzones).

Mystery solved. Was that hard? No? k.

Mr Mystery
06-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Decent spot there chum!

Cap'nSmurfs
06-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Page 225 on the ipad edition of the rulebook; entry is 998.M41: The Red Waaagh!

"Warlord Grukk of the Red Waaagh! ploughs into the densely populated Sanctus Reach..."

Sounds like a Warzone to me.

I remembered they'd said in the White Dwarf interview with Mat Ward that when they updated the Timeline, they'd included all sorts of hooks that would be appearing in forthcoming codices and supplements. Remembered also that the Dark Vengeance plotline had appeared in the previous book's timeline, so when I got the rulebook I went looking for what was new. And there's the big one: The Red Waaagh!, which seemed interesting given we knew Orks were up next. So I filed it away in the ol' mind, and here we are.

Skullchewer
06-24-2014, 12:46 PM
The Red WAAAGH is the name of Warboss Grukk Face-Rippa's WAAAGH!.
There's pages of fluff about it in the new codex, but Grukk has no profile.
The still to be revealed Warboss model looks very much like the art for Grukk himself. You can see that yourself in the Dark Millenium book from 7th edition.

Mr Mystery
06-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Sorry if I'm being thick....but if the Warboss model is yet to be seen, and some people have the Codex already, surely it's been seen, spesh if we know it looks like Grukk's artwork?

Skullchewer
06-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Sorry if I'm being thick....but if the Warboss model is yet to be seen, and some people have the Codex already, surely it's been seen, spesh if we know it looks like Grukk's artwork?

The model isn't in the codex. I've seen the model.

The Sovereign
06-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Sanctus Reach is apparently the new Planetstrike update, and will incorporate the new urban Realm of Battle tiles that just leaked today.

packard57
06-28-2014, 12:02 PM
If you check the GW website the boxed game Dark Vengeance is not there. Now that leaves the thought that a new one is fairly close.A new Warboss figure that has not been advertised and the Red Waaaagh being indicated ,no updates on buggies or wartracks,then maybe ,just maybe, al this will come together in one box. Or am i just dreaming.

John Bower
06-28-2014, 03:08 PM
If you check the GW website the boxed game Dark Vengeance is not there. Now that leaves the thought that a new one is fairly close.A new Warboss figure that has not been advertised and the Red Waaaagh being indicated ,no updates on buggies or wartracks,then maybe ,just maybe, al this will come together in one box. Or am i just dreaming.

Fraid you are mate, both my mates in shops have been told by GW that there are no immediate plans for a new boxed set as it's not needed, the rules in DV are fine for learning the game. Sanctus Reach -aka the Red Waagh! is apparently Planetstrike though if the other rumour is true that it uses the new Realm of Battle that is rumoured to be fast approaching I wouldn't be surprised if it incorporates Cities of Death update too.

Does seem odd DV has now vanished though; unless maybe it is being updated first somehow.

Zweischneid
06-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Well, Black Library is apparently also bringing out several Space Wolves novels/audio-books, etc.. under the "Sanctus Reach"-label

http://pinsofwar.com/the-sanctus-reach-mystery-and-what-it-means-for-orks-space-wolves/

Bigred
06-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Here is everything we know regarding next week's Sanctus Reach: The Red Waaagh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9j98esnpuM

Via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/06/white-dwarf-23-zawartosc-contents.html):

Sanctus Reach: The Red Waaagh! ($50)
Orky invasion on one of the Imperium worlds, where trillions of greenskins fought under Grukk FaceRippa!
- new campaign rules (Planetstrike? Huh! Didn't I tell you! :)
- 12 scenarios
- 112 pages
- hard back

Here's what else we have heard regarding Sanctus Reach:

This is effectively a Planetstrike reboot, and will be used to launch a new wave of terrain kits. Look for the following accompanying kits:

-Realm of Battle urban tiles
-Promethium Relay
-New unknown kit
-Objective Cards for Planetstirke
-Standard fare Uber-limited edition bundles of all this stuff with extra goodies for a healthy markup.

maximusris00
07-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Cool

John Bower
07-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Cool

Niiiiice; PS for 7th ed. As it should be.

Cutthroatcure
07-01-2014, 02:38 PM
At least we know what to possibly expect, I was hoping for a extreme bike list!

William Konarski
07-01-2014, 03:21 PM
about time for urban tiles

VoodooMurphy
07-01-2014, 11:07 PM
I feel a little short changed on this. Unless there's something ground breaking in it, it should have been in the codex.

maartendp
07-02-2014, 03:42 AM
Somewhere in a white dwarf it was announced that DV would be updates with the new rules iirc