PDA

View Full Version : Minitaire Paints

unhappycow
06-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Hello,

I am getting into airbrushing and not sure what paints I want to use. I am currently looking at Badger's Minitaire line and they look really nice, I don't know if it is better than Vallejo though. which line do you guys think/prefer for painting your armies? I will be painting Blood Angels so will be painting lots of red.

Thanks for the help!

Deadlift
06-23-2014, 12:37 AM
The minitaire range is awesome and the range has some really vivid colours designed for the fantasy / sci fi market. The Vallejo model air range is very good too but the colours are more "real" and aimed at the scale model market. I use paints from both ranges. Vallejo airbrush metallics are far better than the Miniataire ones. Other than that it's just down to your colour preference to which paint you buy.

unhappycow
06-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Awesome Thanks for the input, and while I am at it, I am currently working on a unit of Honor Guard and I want to paint them with white armor so they stand out a bit better on the field. I am having a hard time making the armor "defined" the definition in the armor seems to be really hard to show when it is white, and tips on how to get better definition on white armor?

Deadlift
06-24-2014, 12:40 AM
I recently painted a test version of a pre-heresy world eater marine. The armour is white. I didn't airbrush him though.
Basically I primed him white, let it completely dry then washed the whole model. I used a wash called "soft body black" by secret weapon. Very good washes. Then I painted thin layers of a colour called "Silver Grey". It's from the Vallejo Model Colour Range. Lots of thin layers leaving the wash in the recesses.

This is a quick pic I took before work, like I said he is a test model so not perfect but I like how the armour turned out.

unhappycow
06-24-2014, 08:34 PM
yeah he looks great! I will have to pick up some of that wash from secret weapon. Thanks for the help! I will get to work on some of my models and try and post some pictures on the site here soon