PDA

View Full Version : Newb question, how do I glue guns onto arms?

shiny21
06-17-2014, 07:24 AM
As you read I'm having a hard time gluing the space marines bolters onto their arms.
So I have the bolter (its not attached to anything) and I then attempt to glue it always ending in me taking the gun off the arms and the arms off the model.

So any maybe pictures like a step to step guide or someone could give me a link to a website or something?

Thanks!

Wolfshade
06-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Hello and welcome aboard

Try:
http://fromthewarp.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/basics-space-marine-assembly-steps.html

shiny21
06-17-2014, 07:48 AM
Thanks!

Wolfshade
06-17-2014, 08:19 AM
If I find anything else I shall link to it.

Krefey
06-17-2014, 08:54 PM
What kind of glue are you using? I'd suggest using a plastic glue if you're currently using super glue. I find the plastic glue gives you enough time to reposition the arms if you need to before it sets.

What I do is I get all the componetns ready, place a bit of glue either on the torso or the shoulder where the arm will attach to the torso, then put both arms on. I will then add teh weapon (without glue) so I can make sure the arms are level with the bolter (i.e. so when I finally glue on the gun it will look ilke the marine ias actually holding it). I leave the gun off for paitning purposes.