PDA

View Full Version : Well that was quick, Wave 5 announced, Outrider and VT-49 Decimator, whatever that is

Patrick Boyle
06-13-2014, 10:18 AM
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4869

The Outrider title card is nuts, 360 arc Heavy Laser anyone? And Mara Jade crew member for Imperials. And is that Yssane Isaard burried in the spread as well?

Not sure where the Imperial ship comes from but the thing is massive. And definitely different. 0 Agility, but 4 Shields and 12 hull? a 3 Attack turret is nice, and it's got a ton of upgrades lots, looks like 3 crew, cannon and torpedo...46 points for the expensive pilot, possibly a ship mostly aimed at Epic format?

They note that the upgrades were largely designed by the two World Champions, so it should be interesting to see what they came up with. A few of the other upgrade names that can be made out include Proton Rockets, Ion Torpedoes, a Dash Rendar crew member, and Stay on Target, which is almost certainly an EPT.

Brakkart
06-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Yes finally the Outrider arrives. I don't even play this game and I'll grab one of those just for the model as I've always loved that ship. Getting seriously tempted to start this game though as the models are ace and it looked a lot of fun on the episode of Tabletop that featured it.

Patrick Boyle
06-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Yes finally the Outrider arrives. I don't even play this game and I'll grab one of those just for the model as I've always loved that ship. Getting seriously tempted to start this game though as the models are ace and it looked a lot of fun on the episode of Tabletop that featured it.

Just make sure you read the rules more carefully than wheaton and crew did, they got so many things wrong in that video...

Tyrendian
06-14-2014, 07:52 AM
The Outrider title card is nuts, 360 arc Heavy Laser anyone?

it's very expensive though (over 50pts on Rendar "naked" without a Gunner, probably somewhere around 46-48 on the cheaper pilots, since you'll definitely want an Engine Upgrade to get out of Range 1 where you'd be sitting dead in the water) - and at that point you're competing with Han Shot First...

Kris Sherriff
06-14-2014, 09:25 AM
The early write up I did should hit live today with a little background (very little) on both ships.
It was a rush job yesterday so I apologies for the incorrect info that went on to my blog.

The last upgrade on the Decimatir is a bomb upgrade, not cannon. I should have worked it out because of the bomb rules you get with it and the token ;)

Houghten
06-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Not sure where the Imperial ship comes from but the thing is massive.
It's from Galaxies.

*shudder*

eldargal
06-15-2014, 01:52 AM
YAY! Hadn't even considered the Decimator and yay YT-2400, always loved that ship.

Edit: They have upped the size of the Decimator, it used to me Falcon sized but now they say it is the largest ship yet which makes it bigger than a corvette. Makes sense especially if Lucasfilm ok'd it, the Empire is lacking in tha mid range size ship.

Edit Again: !!!!! Mara Jade and female Fleet Officer cards! *flails*

Tyrendian
06-15-2014, 03:16 AM
Edit: They have upped the size of the Decimator, it used to me Falcon sized but now they say it is the largest ship yet which makes it bigger than a corvette. Makes sense especially if Lucasfilm ok'd it, the Empire is lacking in tha mid range size ship.

no, it's the biggest Large Ship (as in, "designed for Standard Play"), which means it's bigger than the Falcon but that's about it. Look at the single base for confirmation :)

eldargal
06-15-2014, 04:53 AM
Oh right, that's what I get for reading these things first thing in the morning.

Mr Mystery
06-22-2014, 09:07 AM
The Outrider.....

http://web.archive.org/web/19981202085935im_/http://pages.map.com/starwars/poftoo/smuggle.jpg

All right, listen up Sport. First we gotta work on your appearance -- you need to shave and make some attempt at getting a hairstyle. Oh, and pick up a black vest; they look good with anything.. Then there's this "smuggling" ship of yours... You've got no room in it to smuggle anything! Oh wait, you might be able to fit a bag of groceries behind the seat here.

kellyj
07-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Expecting to see the Decimator + 2x TIE-Ints creating an Imp style Han Shoots First type list.
Z-95s with Assault missiles will wreck this though. If the Ties stay close they take damage from any hits on the Deci...and the Deci has to take whatever damage the missile delivers. 4x Z95 with missiles could destroy everything on the 1st volley (potential of 16 hits on the Deci with each Int getting killed by splash damage).

El_Davo
07-05-2014, 08:18 PM
I could see Dash using the ion cannon with a 360 line o sight. that could be pretty powerful when combined with some other cool missles or something. he could be like a super y wing lol

Patrick Boyle
07-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I could see Dash using the ion cannon with a 360 line o sight. that could be pretty powerful when combined with some other cool missles or something. he could be like a super y wing lol

That's an awful lot of points on a ship that can then only do 1 damage (plus ion effect of course, but still) a turn.