PDA

View Full Version : Necron Tomb Blades - new life?

Maelstorm
06-12-2014, 03:32 PM
The Necron Tomb Blades are a fun-goofy looking model that is a blast to build and paint. In 5th and 6th Edition they were too fragile (4+ Sv) with a mid-ranged weapon and easily put down with a max unit size of 5.

Now in 7th edition we may be able to use them bare-bones as opportunistic objective grabbers (hey - jet bikes!). Surprisingly small, Toughness 5 models at 20 points each with a squad size of 3-5 they can be hidden until needed to grab an objective. A couple of min-sized squads will put you back just 120 points.

Worth considering?

Mr Mystery
06-15-2014, 02:35 PM
I really like my Tomb Blades. I've got a squadron of 5 with the particle weapon, and upgraded to 3+ Sv. They add a speed Necrons often lack (unless you've gone flier heavy), and all those S6 blast templates mess stuff up horribly (managed to take out 8 Terminators in a single volley, having picked on them when they were really, really bunched up. Loadsawounds!)

John Bower
06-15-2014, 03:23 PM
I've been running 6, 3 with PB's and 3 straight since I got them with the rest of my Necron army, they never did do me bad. Come in shoot roughly equal points off the board then die. But while enemy shooting them they aren't shooting at my more powerful units.