PDA

View Full Version : Help with 666pt list

Faeluchu
06-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Hello there,

so my regular gaming group is hosting a combat patrol tournament soon and what free time I had lately has been devoted to list-construction, although I'm still not entirely happy with it.

So, with 666 point limit:
Variant 1:
5 Dark Reapers, Exarch with the Tempest Launcher
2 War Walkers, each with starcannon/scatter laser
5 Warp Spiders
9 Dire Avengers
9 Dire Avengers
which leaves me with 17 spare points. I could chuck in Star Engines for one War Walker, but that doesn't seem like a good idea. (or maybe some Exarch power...)
Variant 2:
5 Dark Reapers, Tempest Launchered Exarch
2 War Walkers, same as above
6 Warp Spiders, Exarch with powerblades and twin-linking (the basic loadout; glued him together before any conversion work, unfortunarely)
8 Dire Avengers
7 Dire Avengers
which leaves me with 2 spare points.

My possible enemies include Grey Wolves, other Eldar, Blood Angels, Orks, Chaos, Necrons, Grey Knights, Daemons and Imperial Guard (or "Astra Militarum", whatever), hence why I've tried to keep this whole thing balanced, able to deal both with power-armoured foes (Reapers, Walkers) and with hordes (Tempest Launcher, Avengers) while keeping a reliable fast-attack unit to support whatever needs supporting.

The restrictions of the tournament are that you can't take Flyers or Allies, vehicles can have AV 11 at most and nothing except for Troops can have more than 2 Wounds (hence why there are no Autarchs or Farseers there) and Psykers can be level 1 at most.

My other options for this list include adding an Exarch to one (or both) Avenger squads or messing around with Guardians and weapon platforms - I could take 2 10-man Guardian squads. Apart from that, well, I don't have Jetbikes yet (unassembled), no Vypers (unacquired), other tanks are out of question, Banshees kinda suck, no other Aspects except for those already mentioned. I could squeeze in a Warlock, but there's no point really with such low point limit.

Thoughts, comments?

Cheers.

Captain Bubonicus
06-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Are you a big fan of the Tempest launcher? I've never quite seen the point of it, myself.

Da Gargoyle
06-23-2014, 10:51 PM
I kitted my Dark Reaper Exarch with the Tempest Launcher based on the previous codex. S4 AP4 and a barrage weapon which meant it struck from above and negated much cover. Also with one template edging off the other and a re-roll to hit it was quite nasty even on marines. Re-roll to hit has gone and with the Reaper Ranger Finder it would seem the missile launcher with Flakk is the better option. 5 S8 ignore jink - & the exarch at BS5 means death for flyers and skimmmers and still lethal for ground attack