View Full Version : FW Now accepting Paypal

eldargal
06-11-2014, 07:06 AM
That's new isn't it?
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/HomeRotatingBanners/paypal-bnr.png

Mr Mystery
06-11-2014, 07:16 AM
I believe so.

GW main site has accepted it for a while.

Lord-Boofhead
06-11-2014, 07:17 AM
yep and kinda awesome to, I no longer have to hope I've loaded up the debit card with the right amount based on $AU to Brit pounds conversion rate huzah! Doing an order in a fortnight too!

ElectricPaladin
06-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Also, I can never seem to convince my credit card company that Forge World is a legit business. So no more stressed out evening time calls with the credit card letting it know, again, that Forge World is a real company that I really want to buy something from, even though it's in Britain and has a funny name...

Tyrendian
06-11-2014, 07:45 AM
that was bloody time... good to see they FINALLY went with the times...

Chaoschrist
06-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Also, I can never seem to convince my credit card company that Forge World is a legit business. So no more stressed out evening time calls with the credit card letting it know, again, that Forge World is a real company that I really want to buy something from, even though it's in Britain and has a funny name...

This exactly. I've had issues with my creditcard every since I owned one and I tried to order at Forge world. I guess I could always order through a local gaming store, but this just makes it a bit more convenient

Defenestratus
06-14-2014, 03:44 PM
This exactly. I've had issues with my creditcard every since I owned one and I tried to order at Forge world. I guess I could always order through a local gaming store, but this just makes it a bit more convenient

Yup - me too. Every time I wanted to buy something from FW I had to get in touch with my bank and get them to authorize the payment - which backfired once because my CC company once thought that I was in the UK actually.

This is going to really hurt my wallet's bottom line as far as impulse purchases go.

Lord-Boofhead
06-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Just used it and its as insane and annoying as ever. Now to convince pay pall that I only wanted to make that transaction once

elcheapodeca
07-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Could someone explain how to do this please? I'm new to paypal.

Deadlift
07-11-2014, 12:48 AM
You don't need a paypal account to actually pay using paypal, but you can set up an account. Just go to the paypal page a have a look it's very easy to do.

I've had my account since 2010 and I'm very happy with it, costs nothing to you as a buyer and the couple times I've had problems paypal sorted a refund very quickly.

As an example, my xbox account was hacked a couple years ago and £90 worth of xbox points were bought. I contacted Microsoft and was told it would take 45 working days to investigate and issue a refund. I contacted paypal as the payment was taken using that method. They refunded me that day.

Vanguard
07-11-2014, 03:41 AM
Oh god. Oh god no.

*hides paypal login information from self*