PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Warhammer Fantasy Army Books to be Returned

Bigred
06-10-2014, 11:19 AM
via Gary's (http://feeds.feedburner.com/faeit212) anonymous source: 6-10-2014

GW will send in the next weeks emails to all retailers. In this mail they are asked to send the armybooks skaven, beastmen and bretons back to them. They will get their money back.

Mr Mystery
06-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Meh.

It's the last of the 7th Ed books.

No great shakes.

Cutter
06-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Meh.

It's the last of the 7th Ed books.

No great shakes.

Oh I don't know, there might be one or two people out there who care whether their army of choice is about to get updated or squatted...

Mr Mystery
06-11-2014, 06:18 AM
Nothing is getting squatted. Obviously rubbish rumour was obviously rubbish.

These are the last three of the paperback ones. Them being sent back means precisely nowt.

Cutter
06-11-2014, 06:42 AM
Nothing is getting squatted. Obviously rubbish rumour was obviously rubbish.

These are the last three of the paperback ones. Them being sent back means precisely nowt.

Which bit is obviously rubbish? The possibility of the books being recalled or the expectation of any of them being replaced in a timely fashion?

Mr Mystery
06-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Reckon they'll be out soon enough. Bretonnians are certainly rumoured for the next few weeks.

Beasties and Skaven - easily within 12 months I reckons.

eldargal
06-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Bretonnians are due next month aren't they? No way Skaven are being squatted either, extremely popular army especially since the last book.

Lord-Boofhead
06-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Also a bunk rumour. GW doesn't do this till the new books are in store.

the local GW was SENT restocks of the IG book a month out from the Astra Militarium book coming out.

- - - Updated - - -

Its anonymous? So its stick monkey or some other hoaxster?

Cutter
06-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Also a bunk rumour. GW doesn't do this till the new books are in store.

the local GW was SENT restocks of the IG book a month out from the Astra Militarium book coming out.

- - - Updated - - -

Its anonymous? So its stick monkey or some other hoaxster?

I think this was the bit that confused me, the expectation that it might be true. If they DID disappear all the remaining floppybacks it would seem like a cause for concern. Rather, I'll take solace in your assurances that it's a load of old soapy.

Wildeybeast
06-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Why would they recall perfectly valid books when they could be selling them? They usually pull the old books about a week before the new ones come out and they certainly aren't going to do three books in a week. Seems a rather implausible rumour to me.

Slinkyskink
06-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Maybe they are going direct only until they're updated?

Something simple, (yet slightly unnerving for fantasy players) as that?

Wildeybeast
06-11-2014, 05:17 PM
It's possible, but why? What's the benefit to GW?

Slinkyskink
06-12-2014, 01:46 AM
Not too sure, just seemed like a more likely explanation than the usual doom-saying. Applying Occam's razor (??) rather than conspiracy, I'll leave that to the 40k crowd.

Of course we're talking rumours here, so it may not even happen.

It could simply be that newer armies sell more, (skaven probably being an exception :-) ) and so by going direct, it may be more money in their pockets?? Again, just throwing ideas rather than clichéd cash-grab conspiracies. :-).

If Brets are indeed up next, that would certainly explain the Bret book.

What do you think, wildeybeast? :-)

Mr Mystery
06-12-2014, 04:46 AM
Books being recalled don't mean no new books and armies scrapped. That's patently nonsense.

It could be that GW are responding to retailers, and saying 'hey,if you're having difficulty shifting them, send them back and we'll give you a refund'.

Based off the anonymous rumour, who knows.

Slinkyskink
06-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Books being recalled don't mean no new books and armies scrapped. That's patently nonsense.

It could be that GW are responding to retailers, and saying 'hey,if you're having difficulty shifting them, send them back and we'll give you a refund'.

Based off the anonymous rumour, who knows.

That's probably the most logical answer yet. :-)

Wildeybeast
06-12-2014, 10:41 AM
It probably is. If indeed this rumour has any basis in fact.

Cap'nSmurfs
06-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Yeah. Once again we're discussing the ins and outs of something that *may not be happening at all*.

Slinkyskink
06-12-2014, 12:53 PM
No malicious intent, here, but I'd rather discuss ANY fantasy news than have yet another discussion about 40k being "broken" etc for the 500th time... No matter how speculative.

Wildeybeast
06-12-2014, 01:18 PM
You make a good point there. I feel starved of Warhammer news of late. Plus, we have much more sensible and adult conversations down here. :D

Slinkyskink
06-12-2014, 01:36 PM
You make a good point there. I feel starved of Warhammer news of late. Plus, we have much more sensible and adult conversations down here. :D

High five! :D

Seriously though, I stopped 40k for that reason. I find fantasy players more mature, they cry less and have a lot more fun with the hobby. Just my experience.

Back on topic, we'll just have to wait and see.

Erik Setzer
06-13-2014, 10:25 AM
No way Skaven are being squatted either, extremely popular army especially since the last book.

Also, they're one of the armies in the current starter box. It'd be ridiculous to kill an army off while you're still presenting it in the starter kit. "Hey, I want to build an army with more of these ratmen. How do I do that?" "Sorry, son, you can't, they don't exist any more." Yeah, that'd go well.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? That's horrible. Especially after seeing what they do with the old books (tear off the cover at the very least to make them unusable, and then chuck them in the trash with the piles of unsold $4 White Dwarf and $12 Visions magazines). They must have a stupendous deal on printing to be able to just throw out all these publications without even trying to recycle them (or, in the case of the magazines, sell them as back issues). Which just leads me again to wondering why the books and magazines cost so much...