PDA

View Full Version : Main Site X-Wing Articles - What do you want to see?

Kris Sherriff
06-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been doing some writing recently and have 4 or 5 X-Wing articles done.
At the moment I have been looking at the new/up and coming stuff and how it will affect the Meta and stuff like that but I was just wondering what other type of X-Wing good news you would like to see?

Would you like some more of the same type of article looking back at the older ships with the newer cards, battle/tournament reports, Repaint tutorials, Out there ideas for Campaigns and Missions?

Would love your feedback (would rather it was constructive but go nuts...)

Cheers

Kris

spaceman91
06-06-2014, 02:07 PM
How new stuff affects old is always the most interesting to me.

Cpt Codpiece
06-06-2014, 02:31 PM
New and old combos are always good inspiration, even to the point of buying more kits for the cards just for cheese :)

New ship tactics is a good one too as it eases peoples minds I to the idea of new ships :)

Even some back story articles for the pilots of ships so people who don't know the EU/legendary side of starwars may get a better idea of why certain pilots are there and why they have those abilities.

Kris Sherriff
06-06-2014, 03:32 PM
In the review of the rest of the Wave 4 stuff I have tried to make lists that take advantage of older ships and get more/something different from them. It was only the Phantom list where talking about 3 Phantoms all together just seemed too much fun not o chat about.

The next big thing I am working on is how the Cards from both Huge ships filters back in to the normal game and what options this opens up and I have been playtesting a few list ideas for it so that it's no just the usual theory crafting...

Thanks for the comments guys and keep the stuff coming, I will try to add a little more back story for the people/Ship I know as well or maybe do a full on article on EU Fulff...

Cpt Codpiece
06-06-2014, 05:46 PM
even just a fluff one would be informative to people, knowing that their prize rebels were tie pilots..... and that the top tie pilot.... ill leave that for people to find out.

id be interested in other opinions on the x wing cards from the transport... other than the obvious tag team of hobie and salm :)

Kris Sherriff
06-06-2014, 06:31 PM
and that the top tie pilot.... ill leave that for people to find out.

And with his sister too...

And I think you mean Dutch and Hobbie?

Cpt Codpiece
06-06-2014, 06:53 PM
And I think you mean Dutch and Hobbie?

that's the one..... its late in the UK :)

LordGrise
06-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Stories of the fluff would be good. Class development, famous ships and pilots... it's all good for me. I saw the original three movies... and that's it, Jar-Jar turned me off that bad. The EU I know nothing about.

Kris Sherriff
06-08-2014, 12:20 PM
So a few Fluff articles sounds like they would go down well.

How about if I did something like a fluff summery of say Rogue Squadron and then a couple of lists that fit that theam, that kind of thing?

Tyrendian
06-09-2014, 08:14 AM
yeah that would be pretty neat I think - should still have some relevance to the game, otherwise one could just read the relevant Wookiepedia articles...

Smashotron
06-13-2014, 05:26 PM
I'd love to see some typed-up battle reports and some interesting campaign or mission concepts. Some squad lists that fit the fluff would be fun to read, but otherwise I'd skip fluffy articles.