PDA

View Full Version : New to Krieg (looking for help getting started)

Chanderzz
06-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Hello all! I have a unit of Krieg I bought because I liked the models, I liked them so much I want to make a fluffy Krieg siege army. Is this a bad idea being as the FW PDF is for 6th? Should I just make a AM list with Krieg models?

I really want to get some of the fluffier models like the Hades drills, can anybody recommend what might be a good start list 700-1000pts that has a decent troop and heavy support please?

Thanks
Chanderzz

bestguyever
06-06-2014, 04:07 PM
I really enjoy the death korps of Krieg as well, and I have a small army of them. Currently, I run an armoured brigade list with them using forgeworld's IA 1 second edition, but I am working on a siege army based on artillery. The fluffier models tend to be less competitive, but there are some really effective ones, like thudd guns or medusa siege guns. Based on that, at 1000 points I would recommend something like this:

HQ

Company Command-100

Troops

Infantry Platoon-270
2x infantry squads, 1x platoon command

Infantry Platoon-270
2x infantry squads, 1x platoon command

Elites

Thudd guns x3-165

Heavy Support

Medusasx2-200

Close to 1000 and includes 50 infantrymen plus a solid pile of artillery to back them up in true Krieg style :)

The list is vulnerable to aircraft and flying monstrous creatures, but at higher points you can add sabre platforms to mitigate that

Chanderzz
06-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks bestguyever, the medusas are they the tank variants or artillery placements?