PDA

View Full Version : Black Templar project

gcsmith
01-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Hello everybody, Now i know many of you seeing the title will have thought that this will be a painting or modelling project, but fear not for this is neither. Rather with a BA dex in April and despite my starting of a nid army soon, I feel our favourite fanatical knights have been under looked, especially when their dex is older than BA pdf. As such I plan to construct a fan made BT dex.

However there are snags:
*Firstly I want it to be fun and popular while competitive.
*Secondly my ability to play test is limited due to only a LGWS to play at so wont be allowed to use it.

So i require Help. Firstly Any cool or interesting ideas which you would like to see. I know not all ideas will be used but some will be and I will of course mention in the list of contributors or authors, especially as it isn't just my idea.
Aslo if anyone could Play test it at all so it may be balanced. that would be appreciated.

I have already got some cool ideas, like the black knights, or "she's a witch" special rule.

If anyone does post an idea could you please post it in a colour other in black, so i can easily sift through this (expecting too much popularity)

Tho i will say now this is not garunteed tho i will endevour to complete it might just become another obscure thread, tho i do hope not.

gcsmith
01-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Kk so I have some rules for the vows:

*from the skies we bring fear: All units which can must take drop pods, all DP scatter d6 instead of 2d6. all units within 6" of a drop pod wen it lands take a pinning test, and +1 to all reserves

*Hold the gate: all units (not tanks) get slow and purposable and stubborn

*She's a witch: all psykic powers aimed at BT units are nullified on a 5+ and pyskers witihin 6" of a unit suffer -1 to leadership

*the grace of the emperor: all units which have not got a cover save available, due to either being out in the open or through special rules (flamers etc) get a 6+ invun.

How do people feel about these, and if you like them how should they be pointed.

RealGenius
01-15-2010, 09:46 AM
All the Vows are supposed to have downsides as well. You need to add that in.

Lerra
01-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Keep in mind that most fan codices are developed for use at your FLGS. It's harder to get other people to print out a copy of your fandexand use it at their FLGS.

Also, BTs are pretty good right now, so the demand may be low. We see BTs win tournaments around here pretty often. Just fair warning ;)

gcsmith
01-15-2010, 10:20 AM
really? now i did/do do black templars and i dnt see any logic in that? do chapter tactics in new marines have down sides? no...
They are wat the traits used to be and no i see them as buffs not deficits. maybe forcing things like drop pods, or minimum devi squads etc could be the downer. But these are knight and as such shouldnt be handicapped because they are good at something.

rle68
01-15-2010, 06:01 PM
All the Vows are supposed to have downsides as well. You need to add that in.

Yeah its called they cost more points

Fellend
01-15-2010, 06:35 PM
really? now i did/do do black templars and i dnt see any logic in that? do chapter tactics in new marines have down sides? no...
They are wat the traits used to be and no i see them as buffs not deficits. maybe forcing things like drop pods, or minimum devi squads etc could be the downer. But these are knight and as such shouldnt be handicapped because they are good at something.

actually they do. Chapter tactics is lost as a trade of for the new things.
And the vows have been designed that we give something up for greater power (allthough accept any challenge is the only one that's worth it)

gcsmith
01-16-2010, 02:33 AM
well 1st HQ choice should be done 2night lol :P

imperialsavant
01-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Well I have played BTs since Armageddon & I really hate the lose 1 Crusader & you have to take the Righteous Zeal test. Go back to the lose 25% rule. Hell, we are TEMPLARS not Khorn Berzerkers.

Would like to see us allowed to Assault from a Pod with C/C equipped Crusaders but only Shoot with Bolter Squads. That would really suit the Fluff. ;)

therealjohnny5
01-18-2010, 03:28 PM
lmk if you need playtesters, i have a very discerning and tough team to play with. just PM me

gcsmith
01-18-2010, 03:45 PM
lol ty

Herald of Nurgle
01-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Black Templar Army Special Rules:
And They Shall Know No Fear
Combat Squads: Note, Crusader squads which are combat squaded must have all of their 'Scouts' in the same combat squad. The smaller combat squad formed (of 5 marines) will not have Righteous Fury.
Righteous Fury: For each 5 casualties a squad takes (this includes Independent Characters which have joined the unit), remaining models gain +1 Attack. All Black Templar units have the Furious Charge special rule if they are not at full strength, and add +2 to their roll for 'overruning' an enemy unit in CC.
Honour of Dorn: Black Templars are Stubborn in Close Combat, and may re-roll their dice for any Difficult Terrain tests that they make.

Black Templar Vows: Vows are selected before deployment begins, but you may enquire upon the army that the opponent is using (look at the list AFTER deployment ends though). Their cost is included in that of the Emperor's Champion and Helbrecht, but otherwise cost your army no further points...
Cleanse and Burn - All BT Units must take at least 1 Template weapon each - if this is a Flamer or Heavy Flamer then the weapon is free - a
and all weapons with range 'Template' become Twin Linked. All BT Units lose 1 from their Cover Saves, and do not gain any bonuses from Going to Ground.
All HQ Choices excluding the Emperor's Champion must take a Combi-Flamer - this replaces their Bolt Pistol and/or Close Combat Weapon.
Duty of the Emperor - All BT Units gain a 5+ Invulnerable Save and dispel Psychic Powers used on them with a d6 roll of a 5+ (this is after the power is tested for but before the effects are applied). An army which uses this vow may not use Librarians or any other models with Psychic abilities, and gains the Rage and Fleet special rule while they have line of sight to a Psyker/unit containing a Psyker (this Rage means that the BT MUST try to charge the Psyker's unit)
All HQ Choices must have different combinations of wargear, unless they retain their basic choices.
Accept any Challenge - All BT Units gain Furious Charge and Counter Attack. However, where possible any models must attempt to strike and move into contact with Independent Characters/Monstrous Creatures. BT Units count as Fearless in close combat, but will take 2 armour saves for each point they lost combat by.
All HQ Choices get +1 to Hit against Independent Characters and Monstrous Creatures, but it is the same vice versa.