PDA

View Full Version : Nurglings, best Troops ever?

Lord Krungharr
06-02-2014, 04:59 PM
With all units being Scoring now, and Troops getting Objective Secured, suddenly Nurglings have caught my eye as about the best Troops choice any Chaos player could hope for. They have Shrouded, Infiltrate, 4 wounds each, and a 5+ invulnerable save. For a flamer less than the price of 10 Chaos Marines. Oh, and did anyone see what defensive grenades do now? Not too shabby I'd say.

Of course they can be insta-gibbed by Str6 weapons, but with a few Biomancy psykers, as Nurgle armies tend to have, a little Endurance on these fellas if needed, and I think they're there to stay. Templates and blasts cause double wounds to Swarms too, but they're so cheap, I think we will (or at least should) see many more of these being used on the table.

Anyone use them yet in a 7th edition game? I haven't liked Plaguebearers for a long time, they just never ever do anything, though I guess assaulting a Land Raider and maybe they can get lucky and glance it to death.

daboarder
06-02-2014, 05:05 PM
endurance doesnt help with the ID, but yes swarms finally got something of a boost

hyudun
06-02-2014, 09:29 PM
endurance doesnt help with the ID, but yes swarms finally got something of a boost

Endurance gives you Eternal Warrior...

daboarder
06-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Endurance gives you Eternal Warrior...

It does? wow, ok thats awesome

Lord Krungharr
06-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Yeah, when I saw that I was very very surprised and pleased. Of course S6 shots will deny their Enduranced 4+ FNP, but with 4 wounds each base, that's a fair trade.

Aegwymourn
06-03-2014, 07:21 AM
It does? wow, ok thats awesome

Yea Endurance is boss now. I see a lot of meh units going nuts because of this now. Almost as good or better than invisibility.

daboarder
06-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Yea Endurance is boss now. I see a lot of meh units going nuts because of this now. Almost as good or better than invisibility.

nah, not getting shot is better than being tough enough to get shot, but want to make it really nasty? give a unit both

xsquidz
06-03-2014, 01:22 PM
nah, not getting shot is better than being tough enough to get shot, but want to make it really nasty? give a unit both

If only nids could get endurance! Rippers!

Domine Nox
06-08-2014, 11:09 AM
It's actually not that amazing as Eternal Warrior just makes Insta Death reduce you to 1 wound. So it only takes a S6 weapon, and a single other wound.

sfshilo
06-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Shhhhhh.
Quit telling everyone!

Big_jon
06-08-2014, 11:36 AM
It's actually not that amazing as Eternal Warrior just makes Insta Death reduce you to 1 wound. So it only takes a S6 weapon, and a single other wound.

What?! Are you serious?

Bahkara
06-08-2014, 11:36 AM

Unless its been chnged, I believe Eternal warrior only takes 1 wound instead of insta-death. So you would need 4 shots to kill the nurglings

Kyle Plouffe
06-08-2014, 11:41 AM
What?! Are you serious?

No, if you actually read the entry it says "If a model with this rule suffers an unsaved Wound from an attack that inflicts Instant Death, it only reduces it's Wounds by 1, instead of automatically to 0."

Anggul
06-08-2014, 11:57 AM
What?! Are you serious?

No, he's wrong, but even if that were true it would still double their survivability against such weapons.

Houghten
06-08-2014, 01:12 PM
What?! Are you serious?

This is only mathematically accurate for two-wound models. The wording in the rulebook is "reduces its Wounds by 1" not "to 1."

Xeohelios
06-08-2014, 05:46 PM

That's not true. The rule states:
"If a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved Wound from an attack that inflicts Instant Death, it only reduces its Wounds by 1, instead of automatically reducing its Wounds to 0."
7th Edition, page 163
Reduces by one, not to one. It means it takes it like a normal hit instead of dropping dead, not going to 1W remaining.