PDA

View Full Version : Looking feedback and help with my tau list 2000 points

RAX 333
06-01-2014, 01:42 PM
+++ tau 7th Drone army (2000pts) +++
+++ 2000pt Codex: Tau Empire, Fortifications, Supplement: Farsight Enclaves Roster (Primary Detachment, Fortification, Primary Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Codex: Tau Empire (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ +

* Cadre Fireblade
(Independent Character, Split Fire, Supporting Fire, Volley Fire)
Markerlight, Photon grenades, Pulse rifle

+ Troops +

* Fire Warrior Team
(Supporting Fire)
12x Fire Warrior Shas'la with pulse rifle, Photon grenades

* Fire Warrior Team
(Supporting Fire)
12x Fire Warrior Shas'la with pulse rifle, Photon grenades

+ Fast Attack +

* Barracuda Air Superiority Fighter [FW]
(Agile, Deep Strike, Supersonic)
2x Auto-targeting burst cannon (Auto-targeting), Blacksun filter, Decoy launchers, Disruption pod, Ion cannon, Twin-linked missile pod

* Barracuda Air Superiority Fighter [FW]
(Agile, Deep Strike, Supersonic)
2x Auto-targeting burst cannon (Auto-targeting), Disruption pod, Ion cannon, Twin-linked missile pod

+ Heavy Support +

* Sniper Drone Team
(Stealth, Supporting Fire)
* 3x Firesight Marksman
3x Drone controller, 3x Markerlight, 3x Pulse pistol
* 9x Sniper Drone
9x Longshot pulse rifle

* Sniper Drone Team
* 3x Firesight Marksman
* 9x Sniper Drone
9x Longshot pulse rifle

* Sniper Drone Team
* 3x Firesight Marksman
* 9x Sniper Drone
9x Longshot pulse rifle

Fortifications (Fortification) Selections:

+ Fortification +

* Aegis Defense Line
Gun emplacement with quad-gun

Supplement: Farsight Enclaves (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ +

* Cadre Fireblade
(Independent Character, Preferred Enemy (Orks) (CC only), Split Fire, Supporting Fire, Volley Fire)
Markerlight, Photon grenades, Pulse rifle

+ Elites +

* XV104 Riptide
(Nova Reactor, Preferred Enemy (Orks) (CC only), Supporting Fire)
Earth Caste Pilot Array (*), Ion accelerator, Riptide battlesuit, Riptide Shield Generator, Stimulant injector, Talisman of Arthas Moloch (*), Twin-linked smart missile system, Velocity tracker

+ Troops +

* Kroot Carnivore Squad
(Infiltrate, Move Through Cover, Preferred Enemy (Orks) (CC only), Stealth (Forests) ())
Kroot Hound (Acute Senses), Sniper rounds
* 10x Kroot
10x Kroot rifle

* XV8 Crisis Team (compulsory)
(Preferred Enemy (Orks) (CC only), Supporting Fire, Very Bulky)
Bonding Knife Ritual (*)
* Crisis Shas'ui
Crisis battlesuit, 2x Missile pod
* Crisis Shas'ui
* Crisis Shas'ui
* 2x Shield Drone
2x Shield generator

+ Heavy Support +

* Hammerhead Gunship
Advanced targeting system, Disruption pod, Ion cannon, Twin-linked smart missile system
* Longstrike
(Hammerhead Ace, Preferred Enemy (Imperial Guard), Tank Hunters)
XV02 Pilot Battlesuit

RAX 333
06-01-2014, 02:04 PM
the sniper drones arthere to take out characters And guys with heavy weapons psykers you get the point plus with their marker lights it'll set up whatever's left of the unit to be wiped out by any of my other units. the Riptide will give everything within 12 inches of it of 4 plus Denie the witch and with re rolling failed overcharges he have a 3++ most of the time . The crisis suits hide and try and pick of vehicles. If I'm following the rules correctly I think my barracudas will get a 2+ jink. Thanks for any

Katharon
06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
When I read "Drone Army" I was expecting to see a ton of Tau gun drones and XV8 Suit Commanders with drone controllers. As it is now, I think this isn't going to be a very mobile list. You've got the gunline part down, but a very fragile one. I would switch to something far more mobile and able to fluidly react to your opponent.

Also, I'm not entirely sure that you can take Longstrike in a Hammerhead gunship with a Farsight Enclaves army...? Anyone else that knows more about that should chip in at some point.

It's not that this isn't a good list, just simply one that I personally wouldn't take. The sniper drones would tend to keep you in a corner.

TauBoss
06-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Nice list, longstrike can be very hit and miss. He is also a bit cost for not alot of shots. I dont like taking squads of 12 fire warriors so cut them down a bit and stick them in a devil fish with sms. It makes them alot more survivable too.

If you need to take care of enemy armour cheaply and effectively, piranhas with fusion blasters. I love them.

let me know how your list gets on when you play it

This Dave
06-02-2014, 08:47 AM
In 7th edition I wouldn't take the Quad-Gun along with both Barracudas unless you're expecting to run into a lot of light Skimmers or Flying Monsterous Creatures. Now that it must Snap Shoot at anything not a Flyer or Skimmer it loses a lot of utility and now that it has a much lower chance to destroy Flyers it's not even as good for air defense. Your Barracudas will protect against flying things rather well. I would take the points and buy other things like possibly an Ammo Dump, Comms Relay, or some other obstacles. Or take an Icarus Lascannon. It's cheaper points wise so you can take some more options on your other units but it has a much better chance to kill AV 12 Flyers or wound FMCs.

RAX 333
06-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Thank you everyone for the advice. I'm really considering about dropping the hammer head for some piranha. I didn't realize the quadGun changed from last edition thanks for the heads up . I know tha having a Devilfish with my Fire Warriors makes them more maneuverable but I think the devil fish is an extremely easy first blood But I'm new with tau I was a blood Angeles player for years and years.