PDA

View Full Version : Do I get two or six warp charges?

The Tisroc
06-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Hello friends,
I'm trying to wrap my head around this new Psychic Phase. I need to know how many warp charges I get with my Zoanthropes. Zoeys, as you know, are masterly level 2 psychers with the Brotherhood of Psychers rule. I normal run them in squads of three.

Do I get two dice or six dice for a unit of three Zoeys? I think it's six but I'm worried that I might only get two because the ML of the squads is 2.

Cheers.

daboarder
06-01-2014, 07:11 AM

The Tisroc
06-01-2014, 07:27 AM
But if I field them in three one-man squads I'll get 6?

Charon
06-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Yes

John Bower
06-01-2014, 08:38 AM
But if I field them in three one-man squads I'll get 6?

Yep, but you need to weight that against a single test to fire 3 lances at a building or enemy tank.... :)

DarkLink
06-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Zoanthropes are pretty bad under the new psychic rules. About the only way to do it is tale plenty of psykers in the rest of your list, and one 3 zoanthrope unit to minimize the number of dice you need.

John Bower
06-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Actually I think the new rule has helped them a lot.... Deny the witch is harder now, and you keep some dice aside mentally if you want to pop a tank to make sure you can do it, while distracting your opponent with all sorts of other psychic shenanigans so he uses his dice up denying other stuff, then BAM! 3 lances into that tank and it's nighty night.

DarkLink
06-01-2014, 11:25 AM
No, they got worse. Deny doesn't matter when you can't even effectively cast the power in the first place. Now Zoanthropes have issues even getting their power off at all. It doesn't make them unusable, but it isn't a good thing for them by any means.