PDA

View Full Version : How does the new rune weapon work?

spacecheese
05-30-2014, 06:54 PM
So I got to ask this question.

How exactly does the fourth line read in the new faq? :confused:
Does the rune priest give a bonus to all deny the witch rolls? Including when someone try's to cast a blessing?
Also if you have multiple rune priests do you get the bonus multiple times? Like if you have two priests on the board do you get a plus two?

Thanks in advance, and please post where the ruling are coming from.

John Bower
05-30-2014, 10:51 PM
So I got to ask this question.

How exactly does the fourth line read in the new faq? :confused:
Does the rune priest give a bonus to all deny the witch rolls? Including when someone try's to cast a blessing?
Also if you have multiple rune priests do you get the bonus multiple times? Like if you have two priests on the board do you get a plus two?

Thanks in advance, and please post where the ruling are coming from.

I would have thought it's similar to the psychic hood, but I don't have my SW book handy at the moment and by the time I get home around 5 or 6 tonight; somebody will have been able to give you a more comprehensive answer. But since it is a bonus to DTW rolls, then I would think it's those the runepriest with the sword is trying to deny. So those targeting him or a unit he is with.

spacecheese
05-31-2014, 02:32 PM
So I get a static modifier if my unit is being targeted on top of everything else. So the last question is if I have two rune priests in a squad do I get it twice?

John Bower
05-31-2014, 05:01 PM
So I get a static modifier if my unit is being targeted on top of everything else. So the last question is if I have two rune priests in a squad do I get it twice?

RAW I'd say yes, but don't be surprised if they take that away in a later FAQ. If anyone can see where I'm wrong on that please point me to it. :)

DarkLink
05-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Do you get multiple +1's for having multiple psykers in the unit?

John Bower
06-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Not sure on that, don't have my RB handy; but this isn't a 'psyker' as such, and the wording doesn't say it doesn't stack. It merely states that 'a model with a runic weapon adds 1 to deny the witch rolls', so that to me says 2 models add 2.

Tynskel
06-01-2014, 04:56 AM
Not sure on that, don't have my RB handy; but this isn't a 'psyker' as such, and the wording doesn't say it doesn't stack. It merely states that 'a model with a runic weapon adds 1 to deny the witch rolls', so that to me says 2 models add 2.

GW has pretty consistently not allowed double counting of the same rule, unless the rule explicitly states it can.

John Bower
06-01-2014, 09:05 AM
That may have been the case in the past but until an FAQ comes out for 7th I can't find anything in the rulebook to say they don't stack. P8 deals with modifiers and doesn't mention it, P11 deals with dice and how to handle +/- to them, also no mention there. If you can find anything I'd be grateful for a page reference rather than having to trawl thru' 208 pages to find it... :)

spacecheese
06-02-2014, 01:05 AM
So to cap it off, you do not get a bonus to roll against your opponents summons or blessings as it says you cant add modifiers to the roll, but if you have multiple rune priests in a you get there plus one as well.