PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knights/Psychic Phase

solomonoftm
05-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Greetings everyone!

A few quick questions. I'll put a disclaimer here that I just recently got my BRB and have been trying to get through it, but have yet been unsuccessful. The reason I'm asking this now is that a few of my fellow players have been questioning this and I haven't been able to find the correct answers. So, here it goes:

First lies in the Grey Knights' Banner. The Banner states that the psychic test is automatically passed to turn on the unit's force weapons. Now that wasn't a problem before but with the new rules, I think it's just a wording issue. Does that mean when I gather my dice for my psychic powers, I just pick one up and remove it, stating that this was my successful test for my Force Weapons, or do I remove a die at all?

Now does that also mean that the enemy cannot Deny the Witch for that power? Or can they not Deny the Witch for Force activation anyway?

David Crossley
05-30-2014, 12:48 PM
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Grey_Knights_v1.0_May14.pdf

Does that help?

DarkLink
05-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Check the GK FAQ. The banner no longer auto-passes. Also, now force weapons can indeed be denied, just pike with any other power now. In fact, they're now activated by the Force psychic power, so you should be able to read up on how that all works.

Caitsidhe
05-30-2014, 10:50 PM
On a good note you will always know before you assault if they activated or not, since that happens during the psychic phase. :D

ElectricPaladin
05-30-2014, 10:52 PM
On a good note you will always know before you assault if they activated or not, since that happens during the psychic phase. :D

Maybe this isn't true with Grey Knights, but I've got to say that if I'm close enough to assault, I'm probably going to assault whether or not my force weapons activate. I mean, if you're that close and you don't do the assaulting, you're probably either going to get assaulted, or you're going to get shot all to heck.

skeletoro
05-30-2014, 11:00 PM
That's true for assault armies. I imagine it's not true for tau, though I'm not particularly familiar with the codex, and it's only sometimes true for space wolves - rapid fire and counter attack, or bolt pistol and charge... hard choice!!

John Bower
05-30-2014, 11:06 PM
It means the BB now isn't worth taking anymore. Which sucks, as that was the very reason I took the thing on all my GK squads. :(

DWest
05-31-2014, 12:06 AM
The banner is still +1 Attack per model in the unit, which is not bad.

DarkLink
05-31-2014, 01:06 AM
The reason to take it was always the +1A. Force weapons was just a nice little bonus. It really only mattered against Tyranids.

Caitsidhe
05-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Maybe this isn't true with Grey Knights, but I've got to say that if I'm close enough to assault, I'm probably going to assault whether or not my force weapons activate. I mean, if you're that close and you don't do the assaulting, you're probably either going to get assaulted, or you're going to get shot all to heck.

Oh, I don't know. :D There are a few situations wherein I choose not to assault without Instant Death on my side. Still, even getting to assault these days is tough so, yeah I'm sure you are right. Might as well go for it if you are close enough to try.