PDA

View Full Version : Can Eldar now use Dark Eldar Webway portal?

Lost Vyper
05-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Hmm...they can use Battle Brothers -transports, so?

Defenestratus
05-29-2014, 01:33 PM

Honestly, I can't think of a reason why Eldar shouldn't have access to a WWP in their codex.

Houghten
05-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I was surprised when they didn't get it as wargear in their 6th Edition Codex. Made me wonder if it wasn't going to get dropped out of the Dark Eldar's next iteration as well, but then they got the Arterial Webway Portal in Apocalypse.

Charon
05-29-2014, 04:03 PM

Last time I checked even DE vehicles may not enter game through a webway portal. Infantry/jetbikes only...

Houghten
05-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Last time I checked even DE vehicles may not enter game through a webway portal.
I think Vyper meant more along the lines of "well, if they're so chummy they can use each other's transports, surely they can use the portal too?" rather than "they can just climb in a Raider and fly that through!"

---

The DE codex, not having been written in a time where Allies were a thing, only specifies "your units" may use the portal, rather than "Dark Eldar units" or even "friendly units." This is not addressed in the current FAQ, so it stands.

Even "Come The Apocalypse" allies are still your units, so in theory you could move units of Tyranids or Chaos Marines through the webway. I have a hunch that if / when this finally gets addressed in an FAQ, it will be changed to "friendly units" (ie Battle Brothers).

Infantry/jetbikes only...
The DE do have jump infantry, beasts and monstrous creatures as well, you know. None of whom are excluded from using the portal.

Although a Talos emerging from that 3" portal is slightly more believable than a honking great Wraithknight squeezing out like toothpaste from a tube...

Mr.Pickelz
05-29-2014, 09:11 PM
So DE throws down a WWP, and all of a sudden a full mob of Slugga boyz comes out! Shenanigans abound...

Lost Vyper
05-30-2014, 01:02 AM
Although a Talos emerging from that 3" portal is slightly more believable than a honking great Wraithknight squeezing out like toothpaste from a tube...

:)

Yep, i meant fe. Wraithguard with D-Scythes (altough not as good as it used to be...) or Fire Dragons coming to pop some tanks...