PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Super Heavies

40kGamer
05-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Are the rules for Eldar Super Heavies in IA11 up to date? FW lists IA11 alongside the updated IAA on their Lords of War Escalation pdf. Are the holo-fields still 4++? :confused:

Archon Charybdis
05-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Are the rules for Eldar Super Heavies in IA11 up to date? FW lists IA11 alongside the updated IAA on their Lords of War Escalation pdf. Are the holo-fields still 4++? :confused:

No, the most up to date rules are in IA: Apocalypse 2013.

40kGamer
05-29-2014, 07:21 AM
No, the most up to date rules are in IA: Apocalypse 2013.

Aw crap. How long did the rules in IA11 last? :(

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully the Eldar Super Heavies are still useable.

Captain Bubonicus
05-29-2014, 08:39 AM
I got curious and took a look in Imperial Armour: Apocalypse - they have the new profiles for Eldar Super-Heavies (and they say "Eldar Titan Holo-Field") but they don't give any new rules for the Eldar Titan Holo-Field...so I guess you still use the IA 11 rules?

40kGamer
05-29-2014, 08:49 AM
I got curious and took a look in Imperial Armour: Apocalypse - they have the new profiles for Eldar Super-Heavies (and they say "Eldar Titan Holo-Field") but they don't give any new rules for the Eldar Titan Holo-Field...so I guess you still use the IA 11 rules?

That would be cool. What's confusing me is that FW has IA11 and IA Apoc listed as current info for the Eldar Superheavies on their own pdf download for escalation. Maybe they didn't change anything... I think the Titan holofields have changed rules several times over the last few years so I wasn't sure what is current. :confused:

DrLove42
05-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Eldar Holofields rules are those in the Apoc book.

Its basically a 4+ to not get hit....its not a save, but on a 1-3 the enemy shots the holofield, not you

40kGamer
05-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Eldar Holofields rules are those in the Apoc book.

Its basically a 4+ to not get hit....its not a save, but on a 1-3 the enemy shots the holofield, not you

Thanks mate! Seems like an odd way of getting the result of 4++ but I'll take it! Guess I'll have to nab a copy of the newest IA Apoc to have rules in hand. :)

Defenestratus
05-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks mate! Seems like an odd way of getting the result of 4++ but I'll take it! Guess I'll have to nab a copy of the newest IA Apoc to have rules in hand. :)

Well in the old days of Apoc it was better than an invulnerable save since it worked on Str D.

Houghten
05-29-2014, 02:16 PM
The recent old days, anyway. In the old old days, Strength D was just auto-wound/penetrate, Instant Death, Ignores Cover; everybody and his grot could take their Invulnerable saves.

40kGamer
05-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Well in the old days of Apoc it was better than an invulnerable save since it worked on Str D.

Yikes! Didn't think of that. Never played a game with the original D weapon rules. I guess it will still be better Than a 4++ as there is a 1 in 6 chance of D weapons ignoring all "saves".

Archon Charybdis
05-29-2014, 02:51 PM
A lot of people seem to be confused but the current Eldar Titan Holo-field rules, as written in the current Apocalypse rulebook, are that glancing/penetrating/destroyer hits are negated unless the opponent rolls a 4+ (3+ if the vehicle didn't move). It's more or less back to what it was back in the day, and does still apply to Destroyer weapons.

JMichael
05-30-2014, 12:39 PM
Its also worth noting that the Points cost for our units also have been changed in the new FW Apoc book.
For example my personal Fav Eldar super-heavy, the Lynx was 320pts in IA11 and is now 420pts in the FW Apocalypse.