PDA

View Full Version : Balanced 1000pts 30K Alpha Legion to play against 40K list

Denken
05-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently bought the new Horus Heresy Crusade army list & Isstvan campaign legion book and I would like to build up an Alpha legion list for games with my friends who play normal 40k codexe. I am lucky enough that they have agreed to try this out for fluff sake.

So I'm trying to build something fluffy but playable and with what I already own (or have a conversion that fits). This would be the base on which I would build bigger list in the near future (up to 2000)

HQ (110pts)

Legion Centurion Vigilator (110pts)
Frag and Krak Grenades
Artificer Armour, Power Dagger, Refractor Field

Troops (420pts)

Legion Tactical Squad (210pts)
9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier
Legion Tactical Sergeant Combi-Weapon (Melta), Melta Bombs

Legion Tactical Squad (210pts)
9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier
Legion Tactical Sergeant Combi-Weapon (Melta), Melta Bombs

Elites (55pts)

Apothecarion Detachment (55pts)
Legion Apothecary (55pts) Artificer Armour (10pts)

Fast Attack (415pts)

Legion Seeker Squad (245pts)
6x Legion Seeker Space Marines
Banestrike Bolter Shells, 2x Combi-weapon (Plasma),
Legion Strike Leader Power Dagger, Power Fist

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (170pts)
Ground-tracking Auguries, Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles

The Vigilator would join the seeker squad with the apotecarion giving them scout. I gave combi-melta and melta bomb to Sergeant because I felt I was lacking of anti-armor option. The Strike fighter would be my main anti-armor and anti-aircraft.

For now I would fight mainly against Grey Knight, Ork, Eldar, Space Marine (Imperial Fist), Imperial Guard.

I thought about using Recon squad (love the concept and fits AL tactics), but I felt that it would difficultly fit in a 1000pts without without loosing versatility (since they are support troop and not plain troop choice). Headhunter where also interesting but seemed a bit too much anti-infantry oriented so a little bit less versatile than seekers.

So here are some questions for you fellow player

-Is this playable 1000pts in the 40K context?
-What would be the greatest weakness?
-Is there anything that would be more fluffy without lowering the playability?
-Suggestions, recommandations, questions?

Thanks in advance!

White Tiger88
05-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Strike Fighter is horrible for its points.....take a Sicarian Battle Tank they are amazing & cheap point wise! Also Seeker Squads won't do much for that point cost i would suggest some Terminators and less upgrades in order to get more models in your list.

Denken
05-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Yeah the reasons why I took a Strike Fighter are that I already have a converted model that would represent it and I have a thing for flyer.

The sicaran is a good idea, the only thing stopping me for now is budget, but I definitely look for it in a near future.

For the terminator, do you recommend basic equipement or should I add heavy weapon? Those would also go on my shpping list.

Seeker seemed to be what would fit best with the vigilator without losing versatility. In future upgrade I wanted to put them in a Land-Raider Proteus with an Explorator Augury Web to help my reserves test or make it harder for the ennemy. I already have a land raider.