JMichael
05-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Have at 'em ladies and gents.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

- - - Updated - - -

DrLove42
05-27-2014, 10:32 AM
hmmm....Shadows in the Warp hasn't been FAQ'd

Also Helldrakes aren't turret mounted anymore!

Runes of Warding are still a bit crap. The Tau talisman of Auroth....whatever is still very very good

Cleon
05-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Hmm,

The changes to the Apoc templates are in the Stronghold & Escalation FAQ but not the Apoc FAQ.

Does this mean we are supposed to use the bigger templates when playing Apoc, but the rulebook rules when playing normal games?

Lord-Boofhead
05-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Hmm,

The changes to the Apoc templates are in the Stronghold & Escalation FAQ but not the Apoc FAQ.

Does this mean we are supposed to use the bigger templates when playing Apoc, but the rulebook rules when playing normal games?

PAYSF (play as you see fit) its gorram Apocalypse for feth's sake!

DrBored
05-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Since nobody seems to be noticing this, Ahriman can now cast the same psychic power three times in the psychic phase.

THOUSAND SONS PLAYERS REJOICE

DrLove42
05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Since nobody seems to be noticing this, Ahriman can now cast the same psychic power three times in the psychic phase.

THOUSAND SONS PLAYERS REJOICE

Same Witchfire power. Not as good

40kGamer
05-27-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm glad the remaining old codex powers have officially been tossed. :)

Al Shut
05-27-2014, 11:51 AM
hmmm....Shadows in the Warp hasn't been FAQ'd

What the FAQ?

Lord-Boofhead
05-27-2014, 12:39 PM
does anyone know if they have updated the Inquisition and Legion of the Damned eCodexes?

Saturn XV
05-27-2014, 01:21 PM
SO my question is Can every Demon Psyker in the Demon codex now choose Summoning ? and can blue scribes "Scroll Summon"?

spagunk
05-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Yay for paying more for a predators Fast trait (BA) but losing Fast! Thanks GW, good work there.

So now we pay more for troops AND vehicles. Good thing our close combat squads are so good at...oh, whoops.

daboarder
05-27-2014, 02:51 PM
man that was rough on nids.

these are kind of pathetic. We've had several factions whose access to certain psychic disciplines has ostensibly changed (such as librarians or sorcerers gaining divination) but they arent clarrified in here so were all still going huh?

EDIT: Man this is just depressingly poor effort, so many things that are still not in there that were and have no reason to go (abbadon re-rolling spawndom and dark apotheosis) etc

RGilbert26
05-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Crimson Fists players can now take an unbound Sternguard army as they get the objective secured rule.

daboarder
05-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Wow didnt take long for an exemption to that rule!

RGilbert26
05-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Seeing that they could always capture objectives if you have Kantor it means in bound and unbound lists they still can.

silashand
05-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Sigh... I get that retconning older codices is easier than trying to make them work, but frankly this is a pathetic attempt overall. Plus they didn't even bother to address issues that have been known about for some time such as the 2++ reroll. They say they want to write games that focus on the fun element, but who in their right mind thinks that kind of thing is enjoyable to play against? JMO...

Solution9
05-27-2014, 06:44 PM
There is no FAQ for Adepta Sororitas. Hmmm

daboarder
05-27-2014, 06:50 PM
BAAHAHAHAA

Orks and psychic powers.

They get daemonology thats it, good job GW

DrBored
05-27-2014, 07:15 PM
I know we're supposed to take the Rules as the gospel and all...

But seriously, are any Ork players REALLY going to let this little FAQ stop them from trying out other powers that the Psychic card suggests that they will get?

daboarder
05-27-2014, 07:17 PM
im down with that, if you let me ignore the hledrake nerf to oblivion

Caitsidhe
05-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Yes, oddly enough they the removed the Faq that prevented Abby from turning into a Daemon Prince or a Spawn. This, of course, is a knock against him. He rarely ever gets used now and I can't see myself using him while he can actually become less useful even if he ascends. :D I firmly believe these mostly half-*** Faqs were tossed up there just so they can say they did them quick.

Gir
05-27-2014, 08:13 PM
BAAHAHAHAA

Orks and psychic powers.

They get daemonology thats it, good job GW

I see this being a huge deal for the two weeks the current codex has left.

Ryar
05-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Well BA got boned. Lost all their book powers (cya mephy and furioso libs) and lost fast on everything except Baals. Hopefully that new dex is on the early side of August.

daboarder
05-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Well BA got boned. Lost all their book powers (cya mephy and furioso libs) and lost fast on everything except Baals. Hopefully that new dex is on the early side of August.
Yeah I cried a bit at that, kinda glad I moved my tanks to my slaanesh army now

silashand
05-27-2014, 09:24 PM
I am thinking I will just shelve most of my armies until they get new books. May just play my Sisters again for a while since they don't have psykers and thus didn't get hit with the nerf bat. I will give them a try, but frankly the new psychic rules don't appeal to me at all. They seem not well thought out and stupidly imbalanced in some cases. 7th edition very much seems like a knee jerk, rush job response to their poor financials from last year.

Houghten
05-27-2014, 10:50 PM
I know we're supposed to take the Rules as the gospel and all...

But seriously, are any Ork players REALLY going to let this little FAQ stop them from trying out other powers that the Psychic card suggests that they will get?

I'z confused. What else does the psychic card suggest they will get?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm,

Actually, yes, that's exactly what you're supposed to do, but only if you bought them.

New rules, page 12.

White Tiger88
05-28-2014, 12:32 AM

Let's be honest here.... when DONT Blood Angels get boned? Dante is high int...with a power axe... and despite being one of the oldest marines is not an eternal warrior....

RGilbert26
05-28-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm glad they removed the turret from Helldrakes, made them too powerful.

Charon
05-28-2014, 12:58 AM
They also removed most of the vector strikes which makes him extremely overpriced as he is basically down to one front mounted weapon.

Lord-Boofhead
05-28-2014, 01:21 AM
I see this being a huge deal for the two weeks the current codex has left.

My sarcasm senses are tingling....

- - - Updated - - -

There is no FAQ for Adepta Sororitas. Hmmm

Or for the Inquisition or Legion of the Damned, all exclusively eCodexes. Just redownload your copy, it will have been updated, you do have a legit copy right?

- - - Updated - - -

can blue scribes "Scroll Summon"?

Nope you can never roll up the Primarus power and they can only randomly roll their power right?

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking I will just shelve most of my armies until they get new books. May just play my Sisters again for a while

Have you re downloaded the eCodex to see if there are any updates?

DWest
05-28-2014, 02:10 AM
Or for the Inquisition or Legion of the Damned, all exclusively eCodexes. Just redownload your copy, it will have been updated, you do have a legit copy right?

Hopefully they won't be so stupid as to just sneak the changes in the back like that-- the point of an FAQ is to call out what has changed, and the only way you could do that with an ebook would be a page-by-page comparison of the new against the old . . . which just got overwritten.

Al Shut
05-28-2014, 02:39 AM
Did anyone happen to stumble over non-english FAQs?

They're either non-existent or I just can't find them on the Black Library site. None of witch would surprise me.

silashand
05-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Just redownload your copy, it will have been updated, you do have a legit copy right?

I do. Do they announce if they update digital products or are you expected to just "know" there's an update?

EDIT: I just checked. Sisters, LotD and Inquisition have not been updated regarding 7th to date.

Katharon
05-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Still PISSED that they haven't clarified the issue of Crusaders between the Sisters Codex, the Grey Knight's Codex, and the Inquisition Codex.

deinol
05-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Still PISSED that they haven't clarified the issue of Crusaders between the Sisters Codex, the Grey Knight's Codex, and the Inquisition Codex.

What is the issue? I only have the Sister's book.

pgarfunkle
05-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Looks like my Blood Angels will be staying in the case for a few more months until the new codex. I'll just keep playing X-wing and Fantasy in the meantime, maybe I'll actually paint some more models for when the new codex (hopefully) hits.

DarkLink
05-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Did anyone happen to stumble over non-english FAQs?

They're either non-existent or I just can't find them on the Black Library site. None of witch would surprise me.

Le gasp, you mean there are non-British people who play this game?

Blood Shadow
05-28-2014, 12:29 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Grey Knights yet?!!

Their FAQ has given them a brand new codex!

Purifiers seem awesome now, though casting a Nova power is kind of counter productive to flamers and charging.

Interceptors are now jump troops, as well as the new Jump MC Dread Knight...

but Int 6 Str 6 objective securing dudes....with the only nerf being to banners

I really like the Sanctuary rule for vehicles too...

chicop76
05-28-2014, 01:03 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Grey Knights yet?!!

Their FAQ has given them a brand new codex!

Purifiers seem awesome now, though casting a Nova power is kind of counter productive to flamers and charging.

but Int 6 Str 6 objective securing dudes....with the only nerf being to banners

I really like the Sanctuary rule for vehicles too...

I noticed daemons got an extra hq that can be heavy. All I need is relentless and hello lascannons and torrent flamers.

Houghten
05-28-2014, 01:13 PM

Uh... when were Interceptors ever not Jump Infantry?

Lord-Boofhead
05-28-2014, 02:57 PM

Careful what you wish for they'll give them the ****tiest and most wtf option out of the three. See: Astra Militarum Preacher weapon options...

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully they won't be so stupid as to just sneak the changes in the back like that-- the point of an FAQ is to call out what has changed, and the only way you could do that with an ebook would be a page-by-page comparison of the new against the old . . . which just got overwritten.

The old is only over written if you save it over the top of the old one. Or is this some retarded iBook thing?

- - - Updated - - -

I do. Do they announce if they update digital products or are you expected to just "know" there's an update?

EDIT: I just checked. Sisters, LotD and Inquisition have not been updated regarding 7th to date.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Sadly my copy is legit but it was from my old account (my old uni decided to shut my email that I signed up with without borthering to warn me and I'd forgotten the password) so I wasn't able to check.

Cutter
05-30-2014, 08:03 AM
The Blood Angels FAQ & Errata PDF has been 'fixed'.

Hurrah.

Shame GW/BL can't be bothered to acknowledge that fix by applying their own rules of iteration...

...which I was going to quote via the marvels of cut and paste but wha-da-ya-know, that functionality has been disabled in the PDFs :D

So, to sum up, F&E documents downloaded earlier in the week may not be the same as those downloaded today, even though they will both be identified as Version 1.0.

Versions 1.1 or 1.0a must be reserved for more important changes than leaving out entire special rule references.

ElectricPaladin
05-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Personally, I'm just glad we got our fast rhino chassis back. I am almost finished my first rhino for my Blood Angels 'dex army, and it would have sucked to have it suddenly become a super lousy choice.

Power Klawz
05-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Still waiting for crimson slaughter errata. What does balestar do now? Nothing? EVERYTHING?!

DarkLink
05-30-2014, 04:33 PM
It grants access to divination. CSM psykers don't actually gain access to divination in their specific unit entries. Apparently, they decided the inclusion of the balestar was enough to warrant adding div to the csm psyker chart. But you still need to take the balestar to get div.

Power Klawz
05-30-2014, 04:46 PM
It grants access to divination. CSM psykers don't actually gain access to divination in their specific unit entries. Apparently, they decided the inclusion of the balestar was enough to warrant adding div to the csm psyker chart. But you still need to take the balestar to get div.

Ah, that makes sense now. Had to do some digging to see if it lined up but yeah, seems to check out.

At least its not useless!

New problem: anyone else notice that the only psychic power weirdboyz have access to right now is daemonology? Like... what?

daboarder
05-30-2014, 05:27 PM

Personally I dont actually buy that reasoning, because under the same reasoning you would add telekinesis since we have two similar ways of accessing it in our codex.

DarkLink
05-30-2014, 05:29 PM
I didn't say that it made sense. I just said that you still need the balestar to get div. The brb chart is basically irrelevant. Just look at the unit entry to see what you can get.

Lord-Boofhead
05-31-2014, 03:00 AM
New problem: anyone else notice that the only psychic power weirdboyz have access to right now is daemonology? Like... what?

Yes that will be so frightfully annoying for the next 2 weeks....

Al Shut
05-31-2014, 08:52 AM
Is it just me or do FAQed psychic power cards defeat the one single purpose these cards have?

DarkLink
05-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Their one single purpose is to get people to give GW a bit more money. And it's not like this is GW's first typo in a premium-priced product.

MajorWesJanson
06-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Is it just me or do FAQed psychic power cards defeat the one single purpose these cards have?

I applied the FAQ for the Banishment psychic card with a sharpie. Done.

ElectricPaladin
06-01-2014, 11:22 AM
I applied the FAQ for the Banishment psychic card with a sharpie. Done.

I'm going to try to find/make a tiny sticker, so I can pull it off if they change it again later.

Defenestratus
06-02-2014, 07:06 AM
I didn't say that it made sense. I just said that you still need the balestar to get div. The brb chart is basically irrelevant. Just look at the unit entry to see what you can get.

I agree with Darklink.

If it was the other way around, my Warlocks could take divination "because the BRB says so"

ElectricPaladin
06-02-2014, 07:33 AM
I agree with Darklink.

This is the same logic I was using to argue that maybe not everyone in the Daemon codex would get Daemonology. It turned out that my guess was wrong, but the logic is still sound.

DarkLink
06-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Now it's more relevant since the faqs have updated everyone's powers. Really, for a short time it was reasonable to argue everyone got divination.

The Emperor
06-03-2014, 07:29 AM
It appears that that card wasn't about every psyker in an army gaining access to all those disciplines, but noting which armies already have access to those disciplines, even if it's limited to a single model. So Space Marines had a check under Divination not because all Librarians gained Divination, but because Tigurius has access to it. Likewise, Crimson Slaughter have access to it, therefore Chaos Space Marines got a check mark placed under that. A little bit more clarity upfront would've been nice, but at least they release these FAQ's fairly promptly.

daboarder
06-03-2014, 07:40 AM
It appears that that card wasn't about every psyker in an army gaining access to all those disciplines, but noting which armies already have access to those disciplines, even if it's limited to a single model. So Space Marines had a check under Divination not because all Librarians gained Divination, but because Tigurius has access to it. Likewise, Crimson Slaughter have access to it, therefore Chaos Space Marines got a check mark placed under that. A little bit more clarity upfront would've been nice, but at least they release these FAQ's fairly promptly.

That logic is false, by that logic Chaos should have access to all discipline since we have relics and characters that generate powers from all disciplines.

GW doesnt acknowledge that some of the rules they write are useless therefore they would see no distinction between the balestar and the scrolls

The Emperor
06-03-2014, 08:05 AM
That logic is false, by that logic Chaos should have access to all discipline since we have relics and characters that generate powers from all disciplines.

Or they're distinguishing between a wargear item which provides a totally random selection? That's hardly the same thing as having the option to pick a specific discipline which you want. And is there a character which has access to the the Telekinesis discipline? Because I'm not aware of one, and that happens to be the one discipline which is checked off on the Quick Reference Chart card that came with the deck.

GW doesnt acknowledge that some of the rules they write are useless therefore they would see no distinction between the balestar and the scrolls

It strikes me as pretty hypocritical that you don't see the pretty hefty distinction between the two.

Lord Asterion
06-03-2014, 08:49 AM
The codex and FAQ specifically state what powers a pskyer can take, the rule book says they can only take powers the unit is specified as being able to take, there is literally no argument here.