PDA

View Full Version : The Faqs are up! *Such as they are....

Caitsidhe
05-27-2014, 09:50 AM
In true Games Workshop tradition, the Faqs have started to appear and leave unanswered many of the questions we have already been asking. It is clear these were as rushed as the 7th Edition (per the Faqs that is official). Some of them are barely there at all while Necrons (for example) is quite lengthy. Look to your Faqs! You won't find much, but they get to claim they posted them quickly.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

Kaptain Badrukk
05-27-2014, 09:54 AM
It actually appears that they're very full if your codex isn't 6th ed, the 6th ed ones are tiny.

Lord Asterion
05-27-2014, 10:00 AM
The Ork change is pretty massive too, Weirdboyz now generate Daemonology (and only Daemonology), Warphead rules are gone but Weridboyz can buy an extra Mastery level instead, gives us a hint at whats to come (Daemonology and an Ork Discipline probably),

Mr Mystery
05-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Might have to invest in Canoptek Spiders. +2 to Deny the Witch is too nice to pass up!

hyudun
05-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Heldrake's weapons are now treated as hull-mounted, which I take to mean that the baleflamer now has a 45-degree frontal arc - massive nerf there.

Defenestratus
05-27-2014, 10:37 AM
The Eldar one makes no sense.

The Runes of Warding rules are terribly written... I have no idea what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

Heldrake's weapons are now treated as hull-mounted, which I take to mean that the baleflamer now has a 45-degree frontal arc - massive nerf there.

Thank you 7th edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megad00mer
05-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Helldrake Nerf. Awesome.

Weirdboyz only have Demonology. Weird but considering they're getting a new Codex next month and their own Psychic Discipline most likely, hopefully won't have to deal with it for too long.

Space Wolves and Blood Angels can only use Rulebook powers now. The psychic powers in their repsective Codexes are ignored now. Bye bye Jaws of Skill. Hello Tervigons and Carnifexes. :)

Patrick Boyle
05-27-2014, 10:44 AM
No functional change to Shadow in the Warp(so it works how now then? just the leadership thing on some perils tests?), and every Chaos Daemons psyker has access to daemonology. Hrm.

Harley
05-27-2014, 10:46 AM

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING!

Classic GW bait and switch buff nerf there... classic.

Caitsidhe
05-27-2014, 10:52 AM

Well they kind of had to do it since you will see an average of 6 Helldrakes now. :D So don't get that excited. :D

Defenestratus
05-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Space Wolves and Blood Angels can only use Rulebook powers now. The psychic powers in their repsective Codexes are ignored now. Bye bye Jaws of Skill. Hello Tervigons and Carnifexes. :)

Seems that Runic weapons only give a +1 to DtW rolls now too.

Isn't that the bit that just nullified anything on a 4+?

JMichael
05-27-2014, 11:08 AM

The Runes of Warding rules are terribly written... I have no idea what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

RUles of Warding were simple before. But I'm guessing you now get +2 on each dice. Which, if correct, is awesome!

Quaade
05-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Blood Angels FAQ is seriously messed up, all their tanks save Baal lost Fast and all their Characters lost the IC rule.

Such FAQ
Much pro
Wow

Demonus
05-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Ugh these are awful.

Njal used to know all powers...now ML2. No more codex specific powers = horrible. Rune Weapons no longer wound daemons on 2+. I guess this should be called Warhammer 40k: Buy More Daemon Models Please.

ElectricPaladin
05-27-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm really disappointed that they didn't clear up which Daemons have Daemonology...

Mr Mystery
05-27-2014, 11:22 AM
They did.......

Quaade
05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm really disappointed that they didn't clear up which Daemons have Daemonology...

That would be all of them, first paragraph
Various - any daemon with the psyker or brotherhood of psykers rule may take Daemonology.

Caitsidhe

Technically, they did clear it up. As most of us feared, they explicitly state that it is EVERY Psyker unless specifically denied.

Patrick Boyle

The did, by saying that all of them do. It's the very first thing under the Amendments heading.

"Any model with the Psyker or Brotherhood of Sorcerers special rule may generate powers from the Daemonology discipline in addition to the others listed in their Army List Entry."

Or are you saying you're disappointed that that's how they did it?

DrBored
05-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Ahriman can now cast 3 of the same psychic power in the psychic phase. He also has access to Divination.

THOUSAND SONS PLAYERS REJOICE

Patrick Boyle
05-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Ahriman can now cast 3 of the same psychic power in the psychic phase. He also has access to Divination.

THOUSAND SONS PLAYERS REJOICE

3 of the same witchfire, not any. And no he doesn't. The reference in the psyker card deck is misleading, unless updated in the FAQ(like everyone was to get access to daemonology) you're still bound by what powers the unit entry says you can generate.

ElectricPaladin
05-27-2014, 11:33 AM
The did, by saying that all of them do. It's the very first thing under the Amendments heading.

"Any model with the Psyker or Brotherhood of Sorcerers special rule may generate powers from the Daemonology discipline in addition to the others listed in their Army List Entry."

Or are you saying you're disappointed that that's how they did it?

Let me check...

Actually, I'd missed that.

Yes, I'm disappointed by that decision. I had just started collecting Daemons because summoning looked like so much fun. Now everyone's going to think I'm some kind of WAAC bandwagoner... :(

DrBored
05-27-2014, 11:37 AM
3 of the same witchfire, not any. And no he doesn't. The reference in the psyker card deck is misleading, unless updated in the FAQ(like everyone was to get access to daemonology) you're still bound by what powers the unit entry says you can generate.

Aww, my excitement got ahead of me...

And whatevs, I'm going by the psychic card deck, else why would they have even made it like that?

DarkLink
05-27-2014, 11:38 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, wtf, do they deny on like a 4+ on each dice? Do they count as getting +2 successful deny dice? What?

Badtucker
05-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Aww, my excitement got ahead of me...

And whatevs, I'm going by the psychic card deck, else why would they have even made it like that?

yeah all chaos psychers have access to demonology..... they also automatically get the primaris of their chosen mark for free (with the mark obvs) and if you dedicate yourself to another discipline other than your gods you get another primaris on top of that. lots to choose from :)

- - - Updated - - -

still no clarification on how shadow in the warp works...... hum

Wildcard
05-27-2014, 11:55 AM
My notes:

GK:
They now have whirlwind and Vindicator listed (not that it automatically means anything, but BA & SW have all their units listed in a similar manner).

All psychic GK HQ's got daemonology (sanctic), divination, pyromancy, telekinesis and telepathy to choose from (and lose their own).

Basically all troops, elites, fast & heavies (including dreadknights) knows banishment and hammerhand (from sanctic daemonology) - dunno how this helps dreadknights... :P
- crowe and purifiers know also cleansing flame..

Grey Knights cannot use / choose any psychic powers from their book (bye bye quicksilver :( )

Brotherhood banner no longer auto-passes the Force-test (dunno how good this will be given you lose 1 force weap and only get +1A for the rest of the squad..)

Rhinos, razorbacks, both types of dreadnoughts, landraiders & stormravens get sanctuary (6++ save)

EDIT: It's also interesting notion that most FAQs that have unit types listed out does not make any notion of "independent" in characters..

Mr Mystery
05-27-2014, 12:14 PM
For the non-6th Book crowd......shouldn't be long until you're updated.

From my count? Blangels, Spwolves, GK-nigits, Dark Eldar and Necrons. That's all that's left in the paperback (not counting Orks, as they're out well soon!)

Charon
05-27-2014, 12:18 PM
"not long" is an understatement :D
I expect my codex in around 6 - 10 months if they keep the pace.

DarkLink
05-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Brotherhood banners are still good. Even in a small unit, you net extra attacks, and in a big unit you get a ton extra.

Mr Mystery
05-27-2014, 12:27 PM
"not long" is an understatement :D
I expect my codex in around 6 - 10 months if they keep the pace.

What army (or indeed armies) is that you normally field?

Mr Mystery
05-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Also, I've started an FAQ compilation thread down in 40k rules. It's not really meant for us debating the rules as such, but to compile those questions we do have. That way, we should be able to get the 'Frequently Asked' bit of FAQ down proper :)

mocapman
05-27-2014, 12:55 PM
and if you dedicate yourself to another discipline other than your gods you get another primaris on top of that. lots to choose from :)

This can't happen as CSM sorcerers must ROLL at least one of their powers on the table that corresponds to their patron deity. So even though you get the Patron deity primaris for free you must still roll on the table which means they can't get psychic focus from any other discipline.

Arkhan Land
05-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Fart in the Warp

DarkLink
05-27-2014, 01:50 PM
This can't happen as CSM sorcerers must ROLL at least one of their powers on the table that corresponds to their patron deity. So even though you get the Patron deity primaris for free you must still roll on the table which means they can't get psychic focus from any other discipline.

Wrong, actually. They simply must take one power, not roll for one.

ElectricPaladin
05-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Speaking of Daemons...

Er... did Tzeentch just get a whole new HQ option? Exalted Flamer as an Independent Character? Sounds like a great option for small games. Stick him with a unit of regular flamers and flame the hell out of things. Seems like fun!

mocapman
05-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Wrong, actually. They simply must take one power, not roll for one.

Where does it say they must TAKE one power as opposed to roll for one like it says in the codex?

Mr Mystery
05-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Speaking of Daemons...

Er... did Tzeentch just get a whole new HQ option? Exalted Flamer as an Independent Character? Sounds like a great option for small games. Stick him with a unit of regular flamers and flame the hell out of things. Seems like fun!

Yup. And they count as Heralds, so you can have quite a few if that tickles your fancy.

Eldar_Atog
05-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Speaking of Daemons...

I had heard rumors that it would get a dataslate but this is much better. It makes the Tzeentch chariot a even better buy. Plastic Herald of Tzeentch, Exalted Flamer, 2/3 blue horrors, 2 screamers, and a bunch of neat bits :)

Mr Mystery
05-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Yup. And you can make the Chariot body into a Disc for the Herald, if that tickles your fancy.

Having built one, you also get plenty 'nuff bitz left over to convert up an Irridiscent Horror to be a worth Herald.

One the best design choices GW have made of late, making a single kit so you can make more than a single unit. Still not universal like, but flipping useful all the same.

DarkLink
05-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Where does it say they must TAKE one power as opposed to roll for one like it says in the codex?

Either quote the rules word for word or ask someone with a daemon codex in front of them.

George Labour
05-27-2014, 04:37 PM
A few things I noticed.

1) They fixed the wording for void shields in Stronhold Assault. Suck on that power timmies.

2) Knights can now be the Warlord for ANY army they're in provided they meet a few provisions. A) three Knights , or B) One knight and no other character models.
So remember how people were whining about not being able to do Chaos Knights? Yeah....there we go.

3) Lords of War are apparently simply chosen like normal units now and do not automatically make use of the Through attrition victory or the warlord table unless you're playing a scenario from that book. Combine with changes to Destroyer weapons and that should give 'weak' super heavies more table time as the risk to reward incentive shifted slightly.

4) Scions with vox casters can get another pistol

mocapman
05-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Either quote the rules word for word or ask someone with a daemon codex in front of them.

Ooooohhhhh.Lol! Got a bee in your bonnet as you're wrong?

Firstly you'll find the rules for CSM sorcerers in the CSM codex. Not the demon codex. Just thought I'd help you out there ;)

Secondly, I did actually check the codex which is why I know I says ROLL not TAKE. You obviously haven't looked or you'd know. Time to eat humble pie my friend....

DWest
05-27-2014, 11:26 PM
And as far as Chaos Daemons goes, mocapman is wrong. Daemons explicitly says "may", not "must", so a Daemon Psyker gets his deity's Primaris power, plus one roll wherever he chooses from any of the available tables.

DarkLink
05-27-2014, 11:28 PM
No, I mean that I don't have the codex in front of me so I can't look it up, so you should post the actual rules to convince me. But, if you're going to be like that, flagged. Anyways, now I'm at home so I can look it up, you have to roll, and chaos focus doesn't count as rolling. I did think you were talking about daemons, though, who don't have the same requirement.

mocapman
05-27-2014, 11:45 PM
No, I mean that I don't have the codex in front of me so I can't look it up, so you should post the actual rules to convince me. But, if you're going to be like that, flagged. Anyways, now I'm at home so I can look it up, you have to roll, and chaos focus doesn't count as rolling. I did think you were talking about daemons, though, who don't have the same requirement.

So why come out and tell me I'm wrong when you yourself hadn't checked the codex?

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter. We're all clear now about CSM sorcerers and chaos psychic focus :)