PDA

View Full Version : 7th Edition 40k Tactics Psychic Phase Part 1

Kesher
05-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Hey guys checkout the first of hopefully many new 7th Edition videos!

http://youtu.be/ai8vQ84iAf4

Martyn Powell
05-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Shame that something new can just get abused straight away.

It's like the whole phase was a draft idea prior to daemons 6th ed.

I've seen a video of 1850pts daemons vs imperials, daemons get 35ish power dice, imperials 6... turn 1 60 demonettes are spawned. A comment at the end of the video... "We only had a game because he had a knight"... really goes a way to show stupid the GW design team have been in regards to power dice generation.

The daemon player had close to 4000pt list by the end of the game, doubling his army by summoning over and over and over.

I would hate to be using an army with no psykers... oh wait I have Black Templars and Dark Eldar... thanks GW, guess I'll have to ally in psykers just to get a decent defence against hostile powers and a better chance at negating blessings.

At least with 6th it was a gradual thing with abusing allies chart with things like Tau-dar...

Oh and the icing on the cake... WOLVES! LOL no more 4+ nullify... now your runic weapons have adamantium will... lol.

deguello
05-28-2014, 12:42 PM
I am reluctant to call it abuse at this time.

I think I watched the same video that you did and as I havent played a game yet. I am going to have to rely on that.
I believe the daemon player won by one point. the game took an incredible amount of time. 6 hours. I am married, work full time, have kids etc. My gaming time is not high on the totem pole.

Based on that video I am not sure all the rules were followed correctly, as the descrption and the action didnt seem to match sometimes.
I disagree with the statement that the daemon player had close to a 4000 pt army by games end. I believe that total to be closer to 900 pts actually alive on the table at games end. I can't see everything so thats just a guess. Now 4000 pts may have cycled through his army in toatal but he only won by one point.

Now I want to put down the idea that everything is balanced point wise in a product from GW. It never has been in the past so I am not expecting it to be in this edition or going forward for that manner. I am not going to comment on nerfing individual units. Some models are nigh unplayable in a competitive venue. However the game I watched was not a competitive event. In fact it was a group of about five guys who gathered together and after reading the rules? Looking for ways to throw the game out of whack using the rules. I think that is a poor way to make a judgement. I know single data points are lousy ways to make decisions. I'll wait and see. I play daemons and orks. I will reserve judgement at this time.

Caitsidhe
05-28-2014, 05:31 PM
The Daemon player ravaged the opponent. The only reason it was even close was 1) the randomness of the objective cards which kept feeding the losing Imperial points, and 2) the Knight which was the only thing really putting up much of a fight. Even with the horrible objective cards favoring the Imperial by 3 to 1 he still lost. :D That says a lot.