PDA

View Full Version : Blast, Template & Barrage - Ruin levels in 7th?

Buddhist_Possum
05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
So, I can't seem to find any information on multi-leveled ruins and how Blast & Barrage affect them.

I remember you used to have to pick a level and all that, but there is no reference to this at all in the new book!!?!

Any ideas?

Aaron LeClair
05-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Barrage was always top level, blast was pick a level but scattering off wouldn't hit models bellow, and templates was up to two levels higher then the user? and ya the new book is worse I feel then the 6th book for finding rules.

ElectricPaladin
05-26-2014, 10:18 PM
It seems like none of these rules apply. You can no longer hide your models under ruin levels, or scatter them throughout a ruin to limit the effect of blast templates.

On the other hand, it no longer matters that barrages hit from the hole in the center of the blast marker. You always get your 4+ cover save, even if your model isn't obscured from the point of view of the shooter.

DarkLink
05-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Lovely. Hello Wyverns.

John Bower
05-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Probably why they've changed ruins to 'area terrain' effectively. To make wyverns and similar more useful. Did anyone notice the potential 'hint' at new models in the new rule book? A flyer that also has the 'tank' rule? I don't know of any right now.

Belial69
05-27-2014, 02:28 AM
Ceastus assault ram,

Buddhist_Possum
05-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Awesome. So blast and barrage just became more broken.