PDA

View Full Version : XV-9 Impressions

Nabterayl
01-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi folks,

Does anybody have access to Imperial Armour Apocalypse II? I'm looking for a GENERAL overview of people's impressions of the XV-9. My gaming group regularly allows non-Apocalypse scale Imperial Armour units in our games, and a Tau friend is brainstorming ways to expand his suit collection. Unfortunately neither we nor our FLGS has access to IAA2, so we don't know what sort of role the XV-9's full rules really lend it to.

I'm not looking for anybody to post actual rules, but it would be nice even to know the names of the weapon options without rules. Can anybody out there help me out? Thanks!

Nabterayl
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm aware there are experimental rules available for it, but the actual rules are also available, in Imperial Armour Apocalypse II. The experimental rules I have. The actual ones I don't.

Lindargo
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Do you mean the Forge World Experimental suit? There are experimental rules available for free (google it!).
Lindargo,

Nabterayl
01-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Ah, and there we come to the rub ... apparently my eyes are just too poor to read that! Can somebody else make out those weapon names?

Lindargo
01-12-2010, 04:20 PM
If you flick right on these interactive pages, you can read most of the rules anyway! http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/apocflip.htm
Hope that helps,
Lin,

Graise
01-13-2010, 12:34 AM
The alternative weapons for the XV-9 do increase the cost a bit but can be equipped per "arm". They range from an assault 4 rending weapon to a random shot melta and a large blast cover ignoring shot with negligible AP.

So far I have only used their basic configuration as I am waiting on forgeworld to create the alternate weapons. XV-9's, if you can manage to not fail in close combat, are very good units. They are costly but your opponent is not going to be happy at the amount of firepower they can absorb and dish out at range. My last opponent remarked that he can't use Str 8 weapons to take out a whole suit anymore (so it goes to my vehicles...go figure). I would recommend your friend proxy a few games with these suits to see if they fit into his battle-plan. I made room for a squad of three along with 2 TX-42's and I feel they will be a staple in my 2k+ lists.

david5th
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Burst Cannon.
Phased Ion Gun.
Fusion Cascade.
Pulse Submunitions Rifle.

Acute senses.
Deep Strike.
Defensive grenades ability.
Always attempt regroup regardless of casualties.

hope this helps.

Nabterayl
01-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks everybody for their replies.