PDA

View Full Version : 7th Edition: Genestealer Cult Time

Chris Copeland
05-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Dear fellow Tyranid players: I'm thinking about creating a Genestealer Cult army since we can now field allies in VIIth Edition. Have any of y'all considered this?

The modeling possibilities are endless. I can see Genestealers climging over/popping out of all kinds of IG tanks... Hybrid pilots piloting Valks... etc... etc...

The "Come the Apoc" ally rules finally give us bug players ways to field models from other armies! Woo-hoo!

Cope

PS Now I need to acquire some old Genestealer Cult models...

daboarder
05-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Do it, and post pictures. In fact I recommend modeling one giving people the finger, with a sign that states "who doesnt fight with hive fleets now?"

White Tiger88
05-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Do it, and post pictures. In fact I recommend modeling one giving people the finger, with a sign that states "who doesnt fight with hive fleets now?"

Is the answer Bob the bloodthirster?

daboarder
05-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Guess not

Melon-neko
05-24-2014, 03:01 AM
I think a good way to do it, instead of using the ally detachment, is just making an IG army and using the Broodlords hunting pack and manufactorum genestealer datasheets. Use the broodlord as your patriarch and primaris psykers as the hybrid psykers

Sounds fun =)

Chris Copeland
05-24-2014, 06:51 AM
I think a good way to do it, instead of using the ally detachment, is just making an IG army and using the Broodlords hunting pack and manufactorum genestealer datasheets. Use the broodlord as your patriarch and primaris psykers as the hybrid psykers

Sounds fun =)
I like that idea! That could work as well! The thing is, now we have choices! The new "Come the Apocalypse" rules finally give US bug players some options.

Voltigeur
05-25-2014, 06:26 AM
I would love to see 'stealer cults hitting the tables again! I have some of the old Hybrid models so the temptation is there for me!