PDA

View Full Version : Size Check on Daemon Prince/Mutalith

ElectricPaladin
05-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Can you fit the latter on the base for the former? Is it modeling for extreme advantage or disadvantage? Thanks!

Mr Mystery
05-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Disadvantage, as you can see it more readily, and it's much harder to bag a cover save (or was. Don't know the 7th Ed cover save rules yet!).

But no, you'd need a biggerer base!

ElectricPaladin
05-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Disadvantage, as you can see it more readily, and it's much harder to bag a cover save (or was. Don't know the 7th Ed cover save rules yet!).

But no, you'd need a biggerer base!

Ah, well. It's no big deal - I'm actually pretty fond of the Daemon prince model and looking forward to building one with added greenstuff tentacles. I just also like the mutalith model...

DWest
05-24-2014, 02:45 AM
The standard Daemon Prince comes on the 60mm round (Dreadnought) base. I don't have a Mutalith for comparison, but judging by the pictures, it's roughly the same size and shape as the Maulerfiend/Forgefiend, and so approximately double the size as a DP. It would seem to be a bit large for a Prince (be much easier to shoot at), but you'd have a good start on a Soul Grinder if using a Mutalith as your base, and those are a very solid unit for Daemons.

The Sovereign
05-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Yeah, the mutalith is closer to a soul grinder in size; in fact, that's what I use mine as. Really great model.

ElectricPaladin
05-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Yeah, the mutalith is closer to a soul grinder in size; in fact, that's what I use mine as. Really great model.

Now THAT is a really interesting idea... get some mechanical looking bits and graft a cannon to the mutalith's back... that would be really cool.

The Sovereign
05-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Yeah that could work. Of course, I use a MVB as a SG specifically because I didn't want any mechanical stuff in my Tzeentch Daemons army. But to each their own! :)

White Tiger88
05-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Considering i am making a mecha-bloodthirster out of a Slaughterbrute and it stands 3\4 the height of a knight or so....Ya he might be a bit big :P

ElectricPaladin
05-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah that could work. Of course, I use a MVB as a SG specifically because I didn't want any mechanical stuff in my Tzeentch Daemons army. But to each their own! :)

Oooh. You play Tzeentch, too. Any pointers?

Personally, I like the weird semi-mechanical models, if scattered liberally about. My goal is to add tentacles to everything. My Daemon prince is going to have some short tentacles around his forearms and chest, I'm going to add extra tentacles to my pink horrors, etc.

White Tiger88
05-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Oooh. You play Tzeentch, too. Any pointers?

Personally, I like the weird semi-mechanical models, if scattered liberally about. My goal is to add tentacles to everything. My Daemon prince is going to have some short tentacles around his forearms and chest, I'm going to add extra tentacles to my pink horrors, etc.

Don't forget tentacle demons double as slaanesh models!