PDA

View Full Version : Protectorate cover revealed

Faultie
01-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Amazing cover art! =) Of the 3 revealed thus far this one is by far my favorite.
I hate to agree with you, what with this being the Protectorate and all, but that is astounding cover art. I can only hope the Mercs book looks as awesome.

N0rdicNinja
01-12-2010, 01:12 PM
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/books/forces-of-warmachine-protectorate-of-menoth

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/Sprink135/MenothMKIIHardcover.jpg

The Road to Salvation is Paved with the Skulls of Heretics

Driven by Menoth’s will, the Protectorate of Menoth wages a crusade against the other nations and lesser faiths of western Immoren. Powerful warcasters imbue their towering warjacks with divine might while masses of zealots, mighty Knights Exemplar, and ranks of disciplined Temple Flameguard stand ready to cleanse the stain of heresy wherever it may be found. Against those who carry out the Creator’s will, there can be no hope of victory!

March forth with the hosts of the Lawbringer in Forces of WARMACHINE: Protectorate of Menoth, featuring:

* Complete faction rules and profiles for using all current Protectorate models in WARMACHINE Mk II.
* New troops to bring to the fight, plus the all-new warcaster Vice Scrutator Vindictus.
* An in-depth look at the history and structure of the Protectorate’s military.
* A painting and modeling guide to help you ready your forces for battle.
* Protectorate Theme Force lists and rules, which allow you to create armies based on specialized forces from the Protectorate of Menoth.

Let Your Righteous Wrath Burn the Unbelievers!

Available in softcover (PIP 1027 MSRP $34.99) and hardcover (PIP 1028 MSRP $44.99).

Amazing cover art! =) Of the 3 revealed thus far this one is by far my favorite... to bad I don't like the Protectorate. XD The Wracks on the hill were a nice touch.

N0rdicNinja
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm rather excited to see the Merc book as well, I've been eying the Seaforge Commission for a while now, and with the new contract special rules I'm even more tempted. ^_^

GentleBen
01-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I can't even begin to tell you how stoked I am. Its surprising to see eFeora on the cover. Figured they would have gone with Kreoss. Especially with Stryker and Sorscha on the covers of the other two forces books.

N0rdicNinja
01-12-2010, 02:37 PM
The other two also had Battle Box jacks on the cover as well, while the Protectorate here get an Epic Caster and a Character Jack, if the Cryx don't get something fancy I call shenanigans! :p

GentleBen
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Since the Privateer Press ad thats been running on the Bols main page shows cover art from the other FoW books, we can take it as an indicator that the Cryx book will most likely be Asphyxious.

stampdog316
01-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Privateer really does it again. Menoth is my least favorite faction to play against, but the book is simply stunning.
I'm a little surprised the new rules aren't causing more excitement here in Austin.I just went to a store today that was trying to sell off a table full of Warmachine/Hordes stuff at a 20% discount. But when I went to New Jersey last year on business I visited a couple of places that was selling GW stuff at a discount and actually met two GW employees playing Warmachine in a locally-owned store.

N0rdicNinja
01-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Since the Privateer Press ad thats been running on the Bols main page shows cover art from the other FoW books, we can take it as an indicator that the Cryx book will most likely be Asphyxious.

Looks like they're getting both Deneghra and Asphixious and what appears to be the Deathjack in the background. At least the Protectorate aren't the only special cases. =P

Privateer really does it again. Menoth is my least favorite faction to play against, but the book is simply stunning.
I'm a little surprised the new rules aren't causing more excitement here in Austin.I just went to a store today that was trying to sell off a table full of Warmachine/Hordes stuff at a 20% discount. But when I went to New Jersey last year on business I visited a couple of places that was selling GW stuff at a discount and actually met two GW employees playing Warmachine in a locally-owned store.

The excitement level is pretty high here in VA, my FLGS has been getting more and more people over the past month leading up to MKII. The average number of people showing up to our Thursday night events has more then doubled since November.

Faultie
01-13-2010, 08:50 AM
The excitement level is pretty high here in VA, my FLGS has been getting more and more people over the past month leading up to MKII. The average number of people showing up to our Thursday night events has more then doubled since November.
You're in VA? Where? I'm up in DC.

N0rdicNinja
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
I live in Leesburg, or at least I'm about to live in Leesburg, my Wife and I just purchased a house there and move in next month. =) The store that I frequent is in Chantilly though, it's right next to where I work so Thursday afternoons when I get off work I just pop on over there. As soon as I get into my house however I do plan on building a table, I've already claimed the basement, it shall be gamer heaven. =P

If you ever wanted to make a trip though I have a rather large playgroup that I throw down with. About half of us have picked up Warmachine/Hordes over the past few months but all of us play 40k and most of us play Fantasy. =) We're a bunch of avid Wargamers.

Faultie
01-13-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm in the District (Eastern Market), but play at Dream Wizards up in the Rockville area. Great store, and we're running a Resurgence Event in February. If you want to get a group together, come on up!
Info: http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?p=105989#post105989

N0rdicNinja
01-13-2010, 11:57 AM
I personally only have a Trollbloods force, but I still may come up anyways to see the event and meet some new faces. =) I'll also spread the word within my own playgroup, I know of one Cygnar player who may be tempted to join such an event. I'll also let some of the guys at my FLGS know, I don't believe our store is running an event so this may be quite appealing to some of them.

Faultie
01-13-2010, 12:31 PM
I personally only have a Trollbloods force, but I still may come up anyways to see the event and meet some new faces. =) I'll also spread the word within my own playgroup, I know of one Cygnar player who may be tempted to join such an event. I'll also let some of the guys at my FLGS know, I don't believe our store is running an event so this may be quite appealing to some of them.

We'd love it if you guys came! It's my first MKII Tournament, and our soon-to-be Press Ganger's first tournament he's organized, so it'll be a learning experience for everyone.

BlackVise
01-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm going to try and make it up for this.

Bigred
01-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Always remember you DC-based guys have a nice local forum to coordinate all your gaming, courtesy of the Lounge. Have fun!