PDA

View Full Version : Pre ordering from GW question

vharing
05-22-2014, 05:55 PM
So I broke down and pre ordered 7th Ed this weekend (sunday in case it matters). I was wondering if anyone knows what the chances are that I will get my rule book tomorrow or have to wait until next week. I do live in Canada so things do take some time to get through customs and I am not sure if they will deliver it on a saturday if it gets here by then. Last time I ordered figures from them they got here in about a week, but I am really hoping the book will be here tomorrow.

Mr Mystery
05-23-2014, 12:10 AM
If it's ordered into a local store for collection, it's available as of release day.

If ordered to your home, I understand it's sent out to arrive the following week.

All in their T&C's chum.

Blood Shadow
05-23-2014, 12:36 AM
If it's ordered into a local store for collection, it's available as of release day.

If ordered to your home, I understand it's sent out to arrive the following week.

All in their T&C's chum.

Yeah totally right, got caught out with this last edition, pre-ordering anything but digital means you get it last.....unless they sell out :s (only really relevant if you're going for an over priced collectors set)

Pssyche
05-23-2014, 07:33 AM
That's exactly my experience.
What did me with the 6th Edition Rulebook was that I got an email on the Thursday before release telling me they'd despatched it, yet the courier didn't collect it until the Monday after release.

This Dave
05-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Yeah I got an email saying my order for the 7th edition is dispatched but tracking says it's expected to get here Tuesday. Guess I'll have to sit out the "discussions" about it this weekend.

Mr Mystery
05-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Now I'm mildly flustered.

GW Website says my order is pending.... But then it is going to Store. And I've had this on the old website, though typically where the delivery was split for one reason or another.

Have FB messaged my local manager (and former Boss) to ask if it's come in.

deinol
05-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Now I'm mildly flustered.

GW Website says my order is pending.... But then it is going to Store. And I've had this on the old website, though typically where the delivery was split for one reason or another.

Have FB messaged my local manager (and former Boss) to ask if it's come in.

I know my local store will give you stuff in stock if you make an order. Then he just replaces the stock with the order. But it may be harder to swing that on a brand new release if it looks like he'll sell out.

Mr Mystery
05-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Indeed. He's only getting 40 Store Copies in, and going on my experiences working in that store, they'll be gone by the end of the day.

Thaldin
05-23-2014, 02:33 PM
My order says "Pending" but there is a Tracking number already associated with it that I can click on and track the order...

Target....Tuesday *sighs* so glad I pre-ordered =(