PDA

View Full Version : Chaos lord and mutilator question.

Isaac Gutierrez
05-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Can a chaos lord join a unit of mutilators? And if so, could they ride inside a landrider?

I have a nice conversion of a chaos lord of nurgle on palanquin using a fantasy river troll, and would like to do some mutilators in a similar way.

daboarder
05-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Can a chaos lord join a unit of mutilators? And if so, could they ride inside a landrider?

I have a nice conversion of a chaos lord of nurgle on palanquin using a fantasy river troll, and would like to do some mutilators in a similar way.

a chaos lord may join mutilators, adn they may ride in a trasnport (though remember mutilators take 2 spaces) a lord on palaquin takes extra spaces as well (cant remember is 3 or 2). but yes this is a potential build, it just doesnt hit as hard as what loyalists can do for less points

Power Klawz
05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
I think that units with the daemon special rule can't be joined by characters without it.

I might have mis-remembered that.

daboarder
05-22-2014, 08:14 AM
I think that units with the daemon special rule can't be joined by characters without it.

you have, that is only units form the daemons codex and the actual rule is instabillity

Charistoph
05-22-2014, 10:23 AM
a chaos lord may join mutilators, adn they may ride in a trasnport (though remember mutilators take 2 spaces) a lord on palaquin takes extra spaces as well (cant remember is 3 or 2). but yes this is a potential build, it just doesnt hit as hard as what loyalists can do for less points

However, if the Lord is mounted on anything else, Bike/Crusher/etc, he won't be able to board the Transport.

At least, if 7th doesn't change that.

John Bower
05-23-2014, 02:11 AM

More to do with 'marks' than anything in CSM, you can't put a lord with one mark in a unit with a different mark.