PDA

View Full Version : They're getting smarter...

DrBored
05-21-2014, 03:42 PM
GW, believe it or not, has created a rather positive environment for rumors at this point.

I remember, with 6th edition, when rumors started coming out, so did the claims of 'the sky is falling', like normal, but those rumors persisted into the releases' launch.

Now, with 7th, it seems most of the 'sky is falling' fears are disappearing as we get closer to the release. It seems people are ready to accept the change and get down to the business of getting a new edition.

Obviously, there are things worth looking forward to. The 3-book system means we can leave big chunks of the book at home, making for a lighter bag when we go to the shop, and less page shuffling when we're trying to find a rule. The Psychic phase is exciting, as is the new vehicle damage chart.

But it's more than that... We know that the above are confirmed. GW themselves have confirmed them, and confirmed some of them well before the release of the rules.

I don't remember that happening with 6th. There were rumors, leaks, etc, but never whole chunks of the rules to tease us along, and I don't remember GW releasing videos to introduce us to different rules ahead of time.

I think GW has actively done this to help quell fears and help people ease into the new edition, instead of dropping it in our laps. They've also released information ahead of many rumors, which has cut down on the false rumors and in-fighting on various forums and news sites.

Here's hoping GW is learning, and this trend of getting us more information sooner continues. Who knows, we might even see GW reaching out to the community.

Mr Mystery
05-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Trouble is, a minority of the community will always snap at that hand.

And it would snap at that hand even if it was offering free, Diamond Encrusted Time Travel Devices and £5,000,000 to invest in Apple shares back when the company first came about. Because to the toxic part of the community, nothing is ever good enough.

White Tiger88
05-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Give them a month or two and they will will prove they are not getting any smarter.....