PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Legion 30k, Balanced list?

White Tiger88
05-20-2014, 03:05 AM
Well i want to play a fun "Alpha Legion style" list and i figured this list would give a fair amount of firepower & some laughs for both players! However right now i am on the fence about the Contemptor & if i should upgrade my tactical marines at all. The goal of this list is to move across the table fast with the rhino's to fireing points well the Battle Tanks laydown there lovely amount of fire power dealing with any armor or fliers the enemy has.

Hq 355
-----
Armillus Dynat 200 (Terminators)

Legion Consul Librarian 155 (Terminators)
Force sword,mastery 3,Artificer Armor,Refractor Shield

Elite 295
------
5 Tyrant Seige Terminators 295

Troops 585
------
10 Legion Tactical Marines 195
Rhino,Powerdagger,Melta-Bomb

Heavy Support 350
------------
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank 175
Lascannon Sponsons

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank 175
Lascannon Sponsons

Lords of War 415
------------
Alpharius, Primarch of the Alpha Legion 415

or

Typhon Siege Tank 415
Lascannon Sponsoons.Armoured ceramite.Twin-linked pintel bolter

White Tiger88
05-23-2014, 01:29 AM
Updated list! it would seem Librarians are must for all marine lists!

Denken
05-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Interesting list! I just started looking at 30K so I have more questions than feedback.

For the Librarian, I am confused, the way I read the rule (I have the Crusade Army list book) makes me think that we are limited to 2 lvl of mastery... What am I missing? Is it that we automatically start with lvl 1 and then we "Must take up to two levels"?

Also what made you overlook the Alpha Legion Special units?

White Tiger88
05-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Interesting list! I just started looking at 30K so I have more questions than feedback.

For the Librarian, I am confused, the way I read the rule (I have the Crusade Army list book) makes me think that we are limited to 2 lvl of mastery... What am I missing? Is it that we automatically start with lvl 1 and then we "Must take up to two levels"?

Also what made you overlook the Alpha Legion Special units?

Pretty sure we can go up too three since it says +2 levels......... But FW said they will be FAQING the Crusade lists for 7th edition when i contacted them. (Also got Alpha Legions paint scheme.....and died a little inside since i will be needing to hire a pro-painter to get it done...)

Also i over looked the Special units released so far because for there points they are not really worth it against most armies and in all honesty don't work very well with "Coils of the Hydra" Which my list is based around. (All are Infiltrating troops don't count towards minimum troops and Coils of the Hydra Requires 3 tacticals in transports or Assault squads due to that....)

Sevatar
05-28-2014, 03:20 AM
Pretty sure we can go up too three since it says +2 levels......... But FW said they will be FAQING the Crusade lists for 7th edition when i contacted them. (Also got Alpha Legions paint scheme.....and died a little inside since i will be needing to hire a pro-painter to get it done...)

Also i over looked the Special units released so far because for there points they are not really worth it against most armies and in all honesty don't work very well with "Coils of the Hydra" Which my list is based around. (All are Infiltrating troops don't count towards minimum troops and Coils of the Hydra Requires 3 tacticals in transports or Assault squads due to that....)

The legiones astartes crusade army book (the small condensed one) updated it to 2 mastery levels.

In your army list post you are having dynat and the librarian join the termies. If you're using the rite of war then the termies have to either deep strike or infiltrate. Since you are taking the transports for the tacticals I assume you aren't taking infiltrate in which case you must take deep strike for the termies. Unfortunately Dynat's ability doesn't confer deep strike on him or the librarian, in which case he'd be walking alone with the librarian from your own backfield (seeing as they can't fit in the rhinos).

I'd also make a plug for both of the legion specific units.

Lerneans are ws 5 which is awesome, also come with volkite chargers which is nice especially if you're facing off against non meq. Conversion beamer is awesome as well if you want them guarding objectives (they're stubborn, so pretty good at that).

I personally think headhunters are incredible. They automatically infiltrate and come with preferred enemy, so add a character with scout (exodus, I think he is too good to pass up)and you're basically already in rapid fire range and will be able to get quite a few ap 3 shots off. They really come into their own when they get into combat. They will wreck anything that isn't terminators, and even against those they are very good due to their rending daggers. They gain hammer of wrath from their venom spheres (a nice bonus). Remember that they have preferred enemy (which helps with shooting), which makes them really really excel in assault which they can pull off on your first turn (if going second) or at the top of your second after a rapid fire volley. I really can't recommend them enough to be honest.

You're playing at 2000 points so its tough to fit everything you would want into a list (especially with heresy lists), so I can see the trouble. Personally I don't take LoW choices until i'm working on 3k point lists, but thats just me wanting to get all my goodies in.

Denken
05-28-2014, 08:54 AM
The Forge World Alpha Legion paint scheme? Nice! They gave it to you by email?

Infiltrating or even outflanking with Tacticals in a rhino can be really useful. It did earn me end of the game objective by surprise.

White Tiger88
05-28-2014, 12:45 PM
The Forge World Alpha Legion paint scheme? Nice! They gave it to you by email?

Infiltrating or even outflanking with Tacticals in a rhino can be really useful. It did earn me end of the game objective by surprise.

Hmm i will have to work on my list sadly and get my hands on the new crusade army list......boo However if both hq's are in the terminator squad don't they gain it too hmmm.....

White Tiger88
05-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Turns out i can just infiltrate my whole army anyhow so.....ill go with that ;)