PDA

View Full Version : 40k-WFB 12 Month Schedule Q2-2014 - Q2-2015

Bigred
05-16-2014, 09:53 PM
via Gary (http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/05/gw-schedules-beyond-october-dark-eldar.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29&utm_content=FeedBurner) and Stickmonkey:

EARLY-MID JUNE
Orks

LATE JUNE
Ork Theme Apocalypse Supplement

EARLY-MID JULY
Brettonians

LATE JULY
Chaos Space Marines Sets and Supplement

EARLY AUGUST
40k New Starter Set

MID-LATE AUGUST
Blood Angels

EARLY SEPTEMBER
Armageddon Apocalypse Supplement

MID SEPTEMBER
Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition

SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER
Orcs and Goblins

OCTOBER
Fantasy Starter Set

OCTOBER - NOVEMBER
Dark Eldar

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER
Hobbit (Core Development halts May 2015, add-on releases continue till Q2 2015)
40K Scenery for 40k:
- Wrecked Land Raider kit
- Xenos bunker series (Eldar, Orks, Tau)

DECEMBER - JANUARY
Space Wolves
"Battle of Garm" Apocalypse supplement

JANUARY - FEBRUARY
Beastmen

FEBRUARY - MARCH
Necrons
WFB Scenery ("Bridge Kit")

MARCH +
Skaven
Grey Knights
High Elves
Sororitas
Inquisition
Empire

We rate everything after September: Salty

Thaldin
05-17-2014, 01:28 AM
"Xenos bunker series"

DO NOT TEASE ME MAN! I have been waiting too long for this! hehe

Mr Mystery
05-17-2014, 03:04 AM
Armageddon Apocalypse?

What, like the one you get with every copy of Apocalypse anyway?

And High Elves next year? They've literally just been redone....

eldargal
05-17-2014, 05:01 AM
Everything I'm interested in is in the post-september bollocks zone.:(

MajorWesJanson
05-17-2014, 05:10 AM
Would be nice, and some of that may be right just from dumb luck or logical guesses, but the sources are Stickmonkey and Faeit. I wouldn't trust anything really past mid July.

40K radio has already said no new starter for 40K. Other rumors have dark vengeance being repacked with the new rules. And why Blood Angels before Space Wolves? Wolves are older and further out from the meta- especially when it comes to their psykers/psychic defenses and fliers.

Lord-Boofhead
05-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Armageddon Apocalypse?

What, like the one you get with every copy of Apocalypse anyway?

And High Elves next year? They've literally just been redone....

Yeah was thinking that myself

Armagedon could be the 2nd war rather than the 3rd war but the O&G and HE books are pure grade guano.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be nice, and some of that may be right just from dumb luck or logical guesses, but the sources are Stickmonkey and Faeit. I wouldn't trust anything really past mid July.

Stickmonkey?

I wouldn't even trust the confirmed rumours at that point.

It might help if Stickmonkey familiarised hime self with WFB releases if he's going to lie about them...

Wolfshade
05-19-2014, 02:06 AM

Excited for the space wolves & grey knights...

Mr Mystery
05-19-2014, 08:22 AM
No way Boofhead.

High Elves are pretty damned rock. High quality infantry, high quality.....everything!

Aaron LeClair
05-19-2014, 10:27 AM
I don't get how Orcs/Goblins, and high elves are up already. Skaven and beastmen are still soft covers and need to be redone... just seems off they would redo a hard cover book with two soft covers still sitting there...(since Brettonians are rumored before them) but who knows what GW is thinking tho. I just hope for a tomb king update with newer Core models to get behind... I want to play them but their line is so ugly.

Wildeybeast
05-19-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm nailing my colours to the mast and saying no Warhammer update in September. I don't see new editions of both main systems in the same year, certainly not within 4 months of each other, and not in the post holidays slot.

silashand
05-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Same. Waiting for Dark Eldar, Space Wolves, Grey Knights and *not holding my breath* Sisters and Inquisition...

Oh, and 9th edition WFB. If that finally does show up I might actually start playing Fantasy again regularly.

Voltigeur
05-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Here's hoping this schedule is accurate; Fantasy needs the love. I'd really like to see re-done Brettonians soon, although to be honest the new wood elves didn't blow me away.

Lord-Boofhead
05-19-2014, 02:46 PM
No way Boofhead.

High Elves are pretty damned rock. High quality infantry, high quality.....everything!

No, no I'm with you there. I ment the rumour that they were planning on redoing them was bollocks.

Solution9
05-19-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't get how Orcs/Goblins, and high elves are up already. Skaven and beastmen are still soft covers and need to be redone... just seems off they would redo a hard cover book with two soft covers still sitting there...(since Brettonians are rumored before them) but who knows what GW is thinking tho. I just hope for a tomb king update with newer Core models to get behind... I want to play them but their line is so ugly.

If Tomb Kings do end up getting a great book, I've been playing them before they were cool.

Jimmynurgle
05-19-2014, 08:03 PM
I shouldn't be surprised... GW is always being moronic! With the Woodies just released,... it would .. i dunno... COMMON SENSE to release the Beastmen next?? GRR.. looks like they'll sit on the shelf a lot longer....

Erik Setzer
05-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Why would they wait two months just to slap a new small book in Dark Vengeance? As it is, if they continue selling DV with a wrong edition of the rules, that could cause some PR issues at the very least for the company, as people are paying money for an obsolete product. Given that they've already had to print a bunch of small-form rulebooks, I don't see why they wouldn't have already ordered a bunch of them printed for use in the boxed set. The only issue they'd have would be all the stock sitting on the shelves of independent retailers, but they haven't shown much of any concern for that in the past. They could easily replace the books in their warehouse copies and quickly ship out replacement books for every copy of DV currently on a shelf in one of their stores (they know how many each store has in stock). It shouldn't take more than a week for them to do that... which means the swapped-out DV box should be available from week 1. The only reason to wait would be to make sure people don't buy it to get a cheaper rulebook ("cheaper" because they can sell the models or even use the models). But if they do that, they have to yank DV from the shelves for the time being. I guess they're going that route, then. If they don't, it'll be kind of obvious that there's some kind of morons who don't know how to run a business running the joint.

Mason Carroll
05-20-2014, 07:35 AM
I shouldn't be surprised... GW is always being moronic! With the Woodies just released,... it would .. i dunno... COMMON SENSE to release the Beastmen next?? GRR.. looks like they'll sit on the shelf a lot longer.... Brets are WAAAAY older than Beasts. And I'm sure they don't sell any better or worse. Beasts are about 4 years old. Brets are over ten years old.

onlyonepinman
05-20-2014, 09:47 AM
VoiceoftheChaosGods:
GW plans Events for an subsequently 30th Birthdays of Warhammer Fantasy. The new edition is supposed to be part of it. When exactly I can not say.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't WHFB's 30th last year? It's a little before my time but Wikipedia is saying it's been active since 1983. I remember looking for some kind of celebratory release last year, in the same manner as the 40k Crimson Fists captain.

Mr Mystery
05-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Brets are WAAAAY older than Beasts. And I'm sure they don't sell any better or worse. Beasts are about 4 years old. Brets are over ten years old.

Quite so.

And let's not forget that Bretonnia and Wood Elves have always been released close to each other.